Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week #11 - IHSAA State Tournament

It's time for the semifinal round of the IHSAA state football tournament.

Defending 2A Champ Andrean at 2A No.2 LaVille is already a conversation piece and will be followed closely on Friday.

The projection tool has LaVille favored by 5 points.

John Harrell's site has LaVille favored by 10 points.

Our games this week involving HNAC teams include:

West Noble at Knox

Andrean at LaVille

South Central (UM) at Culver

Triton at North Judson

What say you?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

9 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

It's time for the semifinal round of the IHSAA state football tournament.

Defending 2A Champ Andrean at 2A No.2 LaVille is already a conversation piece and will be followed closely on Friday.

The projection tool has LaVille favored by 5 points.

John Harrell's site has LaVille favored by 10 points.

Our games this week involving HNAC teams include:

West Noble at Knox

Andrean at LaVille

South Central (UM) at Culver

Triton at North Judson

What say you?

from_the_sidelines007

Give me:

Knox - Knox is a very solid team. They have a big offensive line and solid running backs. Looking over West Noble's schedule, nothing really stands out that makes me think Knox can't come out on top here. They'll do what do and sustain long drives and limit the Chargers possessions. 

LaVille - This is an absolutely colossal football match-up! This one will be fun to watch, although, I will probably have zero fingernails by the end. Lancer Field will be electric and I believe the Lancers will have the emotional edge. I really believe the Lancers will dethrone the defending 2A champs. 

Culver - This one doesn't have the look of a close game. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the Cavaliers are operating with a running clock in the second half.

North Judson - I think it's a shame that HNAC schools have to play each other this early in the tournament. I think Triton keeps it close through the first half, but the Bluejays pull away in the second half, setting up another conference rematch for the sectional crown. 

If you love watching high school football, are a fan of the HNAC schools, and your team is done already, come on out to Lancer Field and support the Lancers as they seek to dethrone the 59ers! Should be an absolutely electric atmosphere for small town Indiana. The boys are excited. They've been wanting this match-up for an entire year! Should be a good one!

West Noble at Knox- 35-21. Knox has to get stops on D but believe they are the better team.

Andrean at LaVille- 20-14. Being a HNAC homer here and going LaVille. They have to play perfect to win but I give them that chance.

South Central (UM) at Culver- 42-6. Not much of a game for Culver. They can start the next round prep early.

Triton at North Judson- 35-7. I look for Triton to try to control the clock and the Jays to fix their defensive miscues from the first game.

West Noble at Knox- Knox football team pulls it out in a close one.

Andrean at LaVille- I think Andrean is beatable, I just think that their tougher schedule and overall talent puts them over the top of the Lancers. The biggest asset for LaVille going into this game is they are a very physical team, but in the end the overall team talent of Andrean will prevail.

South Central (UM) at Culver- this is a yawner as the cavs prepare for Judson

Triton at North Judson- Jays will be too much for Triton. I dont see Triton's defense being good enough to stop the triple.

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

Andrean at LaVille- I think Andrean is beatable, I just think that their tougher schedule and overall talent puts them over the top of the Lancers. The biggest asset for LaVille going into this game is they are a very physical team, but in the end the overall team talent of Andrean will prevail.

Triton at North Judson- Jays will be too much for Triton. I dont see Triton's defense being good enough to stop the triple.

I watched Andrean play Norwell and to be honest they didn’t play physical besides the beast Bowen. Norwell ran power trap play after play and ran it all over Andrean. Not saying will happen again but they definitely aren’t the team from last year at all. Norwell just beat CMA 27-14 which Judson blew out CMA, but that’s why we play the games. I think Laville is more physical teams and pulls out 3-5 point victory 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mumm6866 said:

I watched Andrean play Norwell and to be honest they didn’t play physical besides the beast Bowen. Norwell ran power trap play after play and ran it all over Andrean. Not saying will happen again but they definitely aren’t the team from last year at all. Norwell just beat CMA 27-14 which Judson blew out CMA, but that’s why we play the games. I think Laville is more physical teams and pulls out 3-5 point victory 

Andrean has not played Norwell. The 59ers get their QB back this week that they lost early in the season.

11 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Andrean has not played Norwell. The 59ers get their QB back this week that they lost early in the season.

Two big differences in this game . . .

Andrean gets QB back in time for LaVille.

LaVille goes into battle without starting QB.

That changes both Andrean and LaVille.

from_the_sidelines007

21 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Lowell my mistake not Norwell but point was still the same and okay, the QB they had playing was doing just fine so don’t really see much a difference 

Henry has thrown for 1500 yards and completion percentage near 73 so I don’t see how much difference If ask me still have Laville by 3-5 

Edited by mumm6866

7 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Two big differences in this game . . .

Andrean gets QB back in time for LaVille.

LaVille goes into battle without starting QB.

That changes both Andrean and LaVille.

from_the_sidelines007

I've been watching LaVille football for awhile now and I'll be honest with ya, the backup actually throws a better ball, but he's not nearly as mobile as Plummer is. So that takes some plays off the table, cause Plummer is amazing at extending the play and then if needed finding a seam and taking off. That will be missed. But if it came down to purely passing, Czarnecki is really good at hanging in the pocket and zipping it down field. 

3 minutes ago, Mongo549 said:

I've been watching LaVille football for awhile now and I'll be honest with ya, the backup actually throws a better ball, but he's not nearly as mobile as Plummer is. So that takes some plays off the table, cause Plummer is amazing at extending the play and then if needed finding a seam and taking off. That will be missed. But if it came down to purely passing, Czarnecki is really good at hanging in the pocket and zipping it down field. 

I can agree this 💯. I saw Czarnecki last game I think put one 40 in the air on a dime to Owen Smith 

2 hours ago, Mongo549 said:

Didn't indicate one was better than the other. 

I indicated two big differences are the fact that Andrean starter is back and LaVille is without starter.

But thanks for the clarification. 

from_the_sidelines007 

I don’t believe this Andrean team is near as good as the one Pioneer beat two years ago.  Laville isnt that Pioneer team either but do they have enough to get it done? Losing Plummer is huge, he did a ton for Laville. Fantastic kicker and punter who ran their offense flawlessly. 

Andrean getting their qb back doesn’t help Laville’s chances of course. The X-factor looks to be Bowen. Can he exert his will and get his teammates to follow thru?  5-star talent at playing at this level cannot be easily dismissed. Laville will have to play flawless to have a shot and I think Andrean will need to make some mistakes to help. 

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

I don't think it's a given that the 59er qb will b replaced.... do u stay w the Sr  that played virtually the whole season... or kick em to the curb??   Tuff call......

Was the backup guy that took over playing another position prior to injury?

16 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

Was the backup guy that took over playing another position prior to injury?

Idk... Srarab would hav to answer that. The numbers the kid put up all season were pretty good.... is this College or NFL ... and u play whoever coach thinks gives u the best chance?  Or... should their b more important values that come into play???  

On 10/24/2022 at 10:54 AM, FarmerFran said:

Curious on what you think score will be on NJ/ Triton game?

Not much talk happening this week.  

I don't suppose you're going to see any Triton guys predicting an upset.  But then I wouldn't be too surprised if Triton makes a game of it.

LaVille guys seem to be confident they can play with Andrean.  They won't get any respect from anyone outside the HNAC unless they actually beat the 59ers.  You have to beat 'em to get the respect you want/deserve.

Hopefully Knox can take care of business.

Culver should roll.

On 10/24/2022 at 5:11 PM, Mongo549 said:

I remember making a comment on here awhile back that the offensive line is the mvp on laville …… well …… back up qb didn’t miss a beat !!! The war is won in the trenches ! That will be the difference in this game can lavilles line man handle andreans? We will no soon enough !

15 minutes ago, Say it aint so said:

I remember making a comment on here awhile back that the offensive line is the mvp on laville …… well …… back up qb didn’t miss a beat !!! The war is won in the trenches ! That will be the difference in this game can lavilles line man handle andreans? We will no soon enough !

I've watched LaVille a fair amount over the last few years . . .

I would definitely agree the offensive line is MVP at LaVIlle.  They've got some veterans playing that do a great job of playing together and are not afraid to get physical to open those holes for whoever is running.

Defense has also been something LaVille is known for and is no different this season.

If LaVille can play defense and run long, clocking-eating, point-producing drives that keeps Andrean's offense off the field.  Hard to win if you can't score.

FinePrint said it best, LaVille will not earn any respect from anyone outside the HNAC unless they actually beat the 59ers.

Here's to LaVille Football earning some gosh-darn respect.

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oldschool said:

Curious on what you think score will be on NJ/ Triton game?

I think the final will be around 56-14. I honestly wasn't overly impressed with Triton from our games and the film breakdown we have done. We just didn't have the cats to stop you guys. Schuh wasn't overly effective against us last week other than 1 long field reversal and looked like he was playing injured, not as explosive as the regular season. In game planning I was more worried about your QB, I just don't think that you guys utilize him enough. It will be close for a quarter, but I think that Judson's physicality will be too much for you guys in the end.

20 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

I think the final will be around 56-14. I honestly wasn't overly impressed with Triton from our games and the film breakdown we have done. We just didn't have the cats to stop you guys. Schuh wasn't overly effective against us last week other than 1 long field reversal and looked like he was playing injured, not as explosive as the regular season. In game planning I was more worried about your QB, I just don't think that you guys utilize him enough. It will be close for a quarter, but I think that Judson's physicality will be too much for you guys in the end.

I agree that they don't use their QB enough. He seemed like a really good athlete that could take over and he was barely utilized.

29 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Some good observations there.  Schuh is nursing a muscle issue since the Knox game.  That's why he didn't get many carries against Winamac or Pioneer.  And it is obvious he isn't running as hard.  Shively will have to do more.  His passing has improved in the last couple games, so that's good.  And we all know he's very mobile and can hurt you when he scrambles.  And with Schuh gimpy, he'll likely get more designed runs.

Triton had 350 rushing yards against Judson in the first game.  They moved the ball pretty well, but turned it over 4 times.  Of course the Jays will adjust on D, as will the Trojans in an attempt to slow down the option attack.  Whatever the defensive game plan was last time, you throw that out!  It was awful.  Triton's capable of playing decent defense.  They held the Panthers to under 100 total yards last week according to MaxPreps.  I see it a little closer than the 40 point blowout in the first meeting, and close into the second half.  Maybe a three score game in the end.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 11:49 AM, mumm6866 said:

Andrean has not played Norwell this season lmao. 

West Noble at Knox – The Chargers head to Knox to take on the Redskins.  West Noble boasts an 8-2 record with a couple of nice wins including an overtime win over 8-2 Eastside.  But their schedule hasn’t been as difficult as the Redskins.  The Chargers barely squeaked out a 7-6 win over Lakeland, who Knox destroyed last Friday night.  I don’t see the Redskins having any trouble with West Noble this week.  Knox Redskins 35-14

Andrean at LaVille – This one will determine if the Lancers are for real, or just another country school trying to play with the big city boys.  I think the HNAC was for real this year and LaVille should feel good about winning the conference title!  It was an accomplishment for sure.  But it means little outside of north central Indiana if they can’t beat the 59ers.  It’s unfortunate they’ll be playing with a backup QB, but that’s just the way the ball bounces sometimes.  I believe LaVille has the tools to compete with Andrean.  They are physical and disciplined, and typically don’t beat themselves with turnovers and penalties.  But Andrean’s propensity for big plays will be a problem for the Lancers.  Ultimately I think this will be a very good game.  But the loss of Plummer’s foot may just be the difference.  Andrean 59ers 28-26

South Central at Culver – Culver is looking to make it to the sectional championship for the third time in 4 seasons.  And they shouldn’t have any trouble getting there.  The ping-pong balls were kind to the Cavs again this year and they’ll win easily at home this week.  Shuman will probably have another 200 yard night enroute to a running clock.  Culver Cavaliers 42-0

Triton at North Judson – Another game that would have been fun to see next week in the Sectional 41 championship.  But I’m a proponent of the all-in, random draw tournament, so this is what you get sometimes!  Not a problem for this guy.  Judson is a machine on the offensive end!  They ran roughshod over the Trojans to the tune of 348 yards on the ground in their meeting a month ago.  Triton didn’t help themselves by turning it over 4 times, and when it started to go downhill for the Trojans, it went fast.  But Triton had close to 400 yards of offense in the first meeting, and they’ll be a little more disciplined Friday night.  This will be a much closer game.  I expect Triton to put up more points than any of Judson’s opponents have so far, but I doubt it will be enough to get the win.  The Jays are destined for a rematch with the Flying Jets.  North Judson Blue Jays 42-28