Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week #11 - IHSAA State Tournament

2 hours ago, FinePrint said:

West Noble at Knox – The Chargers head to Knox to take on the Redskins.  West Noble boasts an 8-2 record with a couple of nice wins including an overtime win over 8-2 Eastside.  But their schedule hasn’t been as difficult as the Redskins.  The Chargers barely squeaked out a 7-6 win over Lakeland, who Knox destroyed last Friday night.  I don’t see the Redskins having any trouble with West Noble this week.  Knox Redskins 35-14

Andrean at LaVille – This one will determine if the Lancers are for real, or just another country school trying to play with the big city boys.  I think the HNAC was for real this year and LaVille should feel good about winning the conference title!  It was an accomplishment for sure.  But it means little outside of north central Indiana if they can’t beat the 59ers.  It’s unfortunate they’ll be playing with a backup QB, but that’s just the way the ball bounces sometimes.  I believe LaVille has the tools to compete with Andrean.  They are physical and disciplined, and typically don’t beat themselves with turnovers and penalties.  But Andrean’s propensity for big plays will be a problem for the Lancers.  Ultimately I think this will be a very good game.  But the loss of Plummer’s foot may just be the difference.  Andrean 59ers 28-26

South Central at Culver – Culver is looking to make it to the sectional championship for the third time in 4 seasons.  And they shouldn’t have any trouble getting there.  The ping-pong balls were kind to the Cavs again this year and they’ll win easily at home this week.  Shuman will probably have another 200 yard night enroute to a running clock.  Culver Cavaliers 42-0

Triton at North Judson – Another game that would have been fun to see next week in the Sectional 41 championship.  But I’m a proponent of the all-in, random draw tournament, so this is what you get sometimes!  Not a problem for this guy.  Judson is a machine on the offensive end!  They ran roughshod over the Trojans to the tune of 348 yards on the ground in their meeting a month ago.  Triton didn’t help themselves by turning it over 4 times, and when it started to go downhill for the Trojans, it went fast.  But Triton had close to 400 yards of offense in the first meeting, and they’ll be a little more disciplined Friday night.  This will be a much closer game.  I expect Triton to put up more points than any of Judson’s opponents have so far, but I doubt it will be enough to get the win.  The Jays are destined for a rematch with the Flying Jets.  North Judson Blue Jays 42-28

Always intrigued by your work each week.

Well done!

Interesting that the forecast has Triton scoring 28 points against NJSP.  Not even HNAC champ LaVille scored that many against the Jay's.

as always,  the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

Should probably know the teams you’re talking about before posting. 

I know exactly what teams posting about. If I got one messed up when typing it happens. No need to “lmao” comment about it. That’s childish. Lowell and Norwell my mistake. Wasn’t like purposely did. My comment was about game so I got team wrong owell 

Edited by mumm6866

On 10/23/2022 at 10:22 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

It's time for the semifinal round of the IHSAA state football tournament.

Defending 2A Champ Andrean at 2A No.2 LaVille is already a conversation piece and will be followed closely on Friday.

The projection tool has LaVille favored by 5 points.

John Harrell's site has LaVille favored by 10 points.

Our games this week involving HNAC teams include:

West Noble at Knox

Andrean at LaVille

South Central (UM) at Culver

Triton at North Judson

What say you?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

West Noble vs Knox - Knox 

Andrean vs Laville - Laville - to put a little more into this game. I think Laville will be more physical for game for the win and do it by 3-5 points.

South Central vs Culver - Culver

Triton vs NJP - NJP

On 10/23/2022 at 10:22 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

It's time for the semifinal round of the IHSAA state football tournament.

Defending 2A Champ Andrean at 2A No.2 LaVille is already a conversation piece and will be followed closely on Friday.

The projection tool has LaVille favored by 5 points.

John Harrell's site has LaVille favored by 10 points.

Our games this week involving HNAC teams include:

West Noble at Knox

Andrean at LaVille

South Central (UM) at Culver

Triton at North Judson

What say you?

from_the_sidelines007

Knox over WN by 10 - could see a high scoring game in this matchup.

Andrean over Laville by 14 - Laville had a great season, but I believe Andrean's schedule prepped them better than Laville's. I hope I'm wrong!

Culver over SC in a shutout - Culver will put 40 up in the first couple quarters and let their playmakers rest as they coast to the Sectional Championship.

North Judson over Triton by 21 - I think this matchup will be closer than the first game a month ago, but Triton won't have the fire power to come out ahead. 

13 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Always intrigued by your work each week.

Well done!

Interesting that the forecast has Triton scoring 28 points against NJSP.  Not even HNAC champ LaVille scored that many against the Jay's.

Well, LaVille actually needed to be given extra plays and a 1st and goal from the Judson 10 yard line to score more than Triton in the regular season game.  So there's that.  😆

And, Triton scored three TD's in the first game and also turned it over 4 times.  I would say it's not unreasonable to think they might have scored on one of those possessions had they not turned it over.

Now of course I understand adjustments will be made - by both sides.  So NJSP COULD pitch a shutout.  On the other hand, Triton COULD win the game.  We'll just have to wait and see.

23 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Could you elaborate?

I believe he's referring to the overtime.

If I were Triton I wouldn't worry as much about the offense as I would the defense. Thier defense gave up over 50 to LaVille and over 60 to NJSP. If you're thinking upset, it's gotta start with the defense. 

9 minutes ago, Mongo549 said:

If I were Triton I wouldn't worry as much about the offense as I would the defense. Thier defense gave up over 50 to LaVille and over 60 to NJSP. If you're thinking upset, it's gotta start with the defense. 

Yes of course.  The defense was most definitely the issue in all of our losses!  And you'll notice that despite projecting Triton to score 28 points, I projected that they would lose the game.

11 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Makes sense.

Yes, @Bobref I was referring to the fact that LaVille scored their 4th TD of the game in the overtime session.  Sorry, I just assumed everyone following this thread would have known their game went to overtime.  Should have been a little more clear in my post.  My bad.

1 hour ago, FinePrint said:

Yes of course.  The defense was most definitely the issue in all of our losses!  And you'll notice that despite projecting Triton to score 28 points, I projected that they would lose the game.

It'll be an uphill battle for sure, but if Triton can keep Judson's offense on the sideline by limiting turnovers and sustaining some long clock consuming drives that end in points, I'd say they got a chance!

2 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

Knox over WN by 10 - could see a high scoring game in this matchup.

Andrean over Laville by 14 - Laville had a great season, but I believe Andrean's schedule prepped them better than Laville's. I hope I'm wrong!

Culver over SC in a shutout - Culver will put 40 up in the first couple quarters and let their playmakers rest as they coast to the Sectional Championship.

North Judson over Triton by 21 - I think this matchup will be closer than the first game a month ago, but Triton won't have the fire power to come out ahead. 

Good post....  Agree that LaVille r the dogs in this one... n Andrean will not b intimidated by said physicality... they've been ther ... seen the real deal multiple times... everyone luvs a good upset... mayb the Lancers can pull it off.... would b Very Impressive if they did!! As for Andreans Qb situation... hope the returning Qb is held in reserve till if n when needed.... think the kid in charge has earned it....  jmho

I think both Laville and Triton have to execute the same game plan in order to have a chance!  No turnovers, long sustained drives ending in points and very few penalties.  I give Laville a better chance than Triton but you never know.  With the help of the opponent turning the ball over,  anything can happen!

2 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Yes, @Bobref I was referring to the fact that LaVille scored their 4th TD of the game in the overtime session.  Sorry, I just assumed everyone following this thread would have known their game went to overtime.  Should have been a little more clear in my post.  My bad.

No big deal. The phrase “extra plays” pinged my radar is all.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

So how many points does Triton have to hold NJ to in order to have a chance in your opinion?

For us to actually win, I'd say 28.  And they've only scored less than that 2 times:  against Knox and LaVille.  I think we can punch in 4 TDs.  Maybe a 2 point conversion or a field goal to win it.  But holding them to 28 would be an incredible feat for this defense!

5 hours ago, Oldschool said:

I think both Laville and Triton have to execute the same game plan in order to have a chance!  No turnovers, long sustained drives ending in points and very few penalties.  I give Laville a better chance than Triton but you never know.  With the help of the opponent turning the ball over,  anything can happen!

3.5 yards every carry ought do it..... 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, littledog said:

bring out that 2008 Rensselaer phonebook offense.

Mayb lol .. but Rydel High has Jefferson on their team to contend with 🤣.... n being one dimensional ain't good when everyone in the house knows what's coming... esp on 3rd n long... linemen teeing off... n D backs drooling for the pic 6 ... LaVille will hav to mix it up w play action to keep em honest.... this is a great strategy game... c if the Lancers can execute a curve ball/change up in the 2nd half... RC did it successfully on their title run denying Lcc another title.... r the Lancers that versatile??

Here is my two cents . . . 

West Noble at Knox - Redskins a bit better.

Andrean at LaVille - Lancers out to earn respect.

South Central (UM) at Culver - Like the Cavs to roll.

Triton at North Judson - Jays moving on.

Keep the change!

from_the_sidelines007