Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

No Clear Mr Football 2022 -- Should they give out the award?

57 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Last year I voted for OL from Avon, I do my homework, My school is part of Region 4, Lafayette area 

Hansen could very well win, if he does, I will not bat an eye.   

Your 1st attempt of parallelism of Indiana 2a and 4a Catholic teams vs 2 programs who are in top 5, and most consider the vaunted BLUE BLOODs of College Football, is laughable at best, however highly entertaining.,    Like you really really believe 1 game's stats in a college game where both teams get WHOEVER they want in the linage of 4 and 5 star guys vs these 2 teams offensive lines in Indiana, I mean, that is some good throw it against the wall stuff.   Well done, got a true giggle 

You voted for WHO last year?  A guy who was already at Notre Dame, lol?

Man, there is some stuff on your wall too then huh?

4 hours ago, HomeCookin said:

I think Hansen is the winner, but I’m surprised no one has mentioned Micah Coyle from Center Grove. 
Carries-306 Yards-2072, AVG-6.8, TD-22, and his team won the state championship. 

Agreed…Coyle’s performance in the semi-state at Cathedral…218 yds and 4 TD’s on a cold windy night was beyond impressive.   Racked up a ton of yards against outstanding competition all season long. 

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Also, there was a MAJOR reason that Bowen didn't get a lot of carries til late in the year, but I'm sure folks don't want to hear about it.   

Schedule, other than East Chicago and the 2a Tournament, Andrean had a pretty good schedule, maybe not as good as Roncalli, but not horrific by any means.   

I would actually be very curious to know why? My first thought is they knew they would ride him late in the year and needed him healthy but also know that’s just basic thinking 

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Just stop.  The damn kid carried the ball 400+ times and EVERY opposing defense KNEW it was coming…and couldn’t stop it.

I don’t care how good your line is, if a team stacks 8/9 guys in the box and the guy still runs over you, it’s insulting to claim “it’s just the line.”

You act like teams didn’t stack the run against Bowen, lol. 

Give Bowen 400 carries behind that line and he puts up at the VERY LEAST the same yardage as Hansen…

1 minute ago, scarab527 said:

You act like teams didn’t stack the run against Bowen, lol. 

Give Bowen 400 carries behind that line and he puts up at the VERY LEAST the same yardage as Hansen…

I was always of the understanding that the award wasn't a game of what ifs

2 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

We’re not talking about basing the award in what-ifs. Keep up here Rodney this isn’t complicated. 

6 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Lol those quotes don’t make your point but from what you say about your drinking habits I’m guessing you’ve been hitting the bottle hard. 

Bowen is Mr. Football because he was the best, most impactful player to his team in the state this year. 

Edited by scarab527

I watched Bowen cower to the sideline in the first quarter of the luers game despite being twice the size of anyone coming to tackle him

and then have absolutely 0 impact against MD (other than that perfectly legitimate great tackle headed towards halftime, that was pretty great)

Just now, Rodney said:

I watched Bowen cower to the sideline in the first quarter of the luers game despite being twice the size of anyone coming to tackle him

and then have absolutely 0 impact against MD (other than that perfectly legitimate great tackle headed towards halftime, that was pretty great)

And yet he still put up 350 yards and 5 TDs that game vs Luers. 

The truth is the MD game is why people don’t think he’s Mr. Football. Yeah he didn’t play his best game, obviously. Don’t think you can take the award away  on one game alone. To me he was the best player in the state this year. You can say I’m biased as an alum but I think I can remove myself enough to give an objective opinion. Bowen was the definition of “Put the Team on Your Back” this year. Hansen was great and if he won I wouldn’t even be mad but to me Bowen deserves it for what he did this year. 

Just now, scarab527 said:

The truth is the MD game is why people don’t think he’s Mr. Football. Yeah he didn’t play his best game, obviously. Don’t think you can take the award away  on one game alone. To me he was the best player in the state this year. You can say I’m biased as an alum but I think I can remove myself enough to give an objective opinion. Bowen was the definition of “Put the Team on Your Back” this year. Hansen was great and if he won I wouldn’t even be mad but to me Bowen deserves it for what he did this year. 

but it isn't one game entirely, what about the stats from the games posted earlier

It would seem he falls short against real competition, whereas Hansen flourishes

3 minutes ago, Rodney said:

but it isn't one game entirely, what about the stats from the games posted earlier

It would seem he falls short against real competition, whereas Hansen flourishes

Against Merrillville he had 16 tackles and against CP he had 8, that’s bad? The rushing numbers were bad because the line was bad. That’s the point I was making earlier. I watched those games listed, he was still the best player on the field in them. 

5 hours ago, scarab527 said:

I am curious with this statement. Do you not think Hansen was a "Put the Team on Your Back" guy? Heck I remember posts on here asking if Roncalli was even going to pass. I will have to go take a look, but I think Roncalli attempted around 180 passes and 600 plus rushes and 400 plus of those carries were Hansen. 

I stated Luke Hansen made his case for Mr. Football and supported that with the stats to back that up. Not too shabby for a 6' 205 lbs kid that is not going to Notre Dame. Yes he had a good Offensive Line (I don't get what the point of that statement is when it comes to Mr. Football) its not like he was untouched because he had a good O-line (if you have watched him play he broke many many tackles). He just so happened to play defense too and didn't do too bad at that. Tote the ball 30 times a game and play defense he definitely made his case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

And before you want to do your standard online victory dance, yes, I DID mess up by saying last year, when I voted for Fisher 2 years ago, point still stands.  

You didn’t vote for Steele?   You are dead to me. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, scarab527 said:

And when Kiser won he didn’t play a schedule in the top 200. 

Truth.  And it remains one of the most controversial races ever.  Kiser, in my opinion, won it as a four year award which is fine.

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Do you even know how the process works? If so please respond and tell me what the process is 

I know exactly how it works and I also know that you just told me you voted for Blake Fisher last year while he was already playing for Notre Dame.

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

Truth.  And it remains one of the most controversial races ever.  Kiser, in my opinion, won it as a four year award which is fine.

I know exactly how it works and I also know that you just told me you voted for Blake Fisher last year while he was already playing for Notre Dame.

again, I caught my mistake, but yea, go ahead an hang me for that, expected, so go ahead, tell me how the process works, 

I will hang up and listen