Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

No Clear Mr Football 2022 -- Should they give out the award?

8 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

2018 all American team bell and Kataliftis but they can’t win mr football
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_Today_All-USA_high_school_football_team

Who said they “can’t”? Didn’t but doesnt mean they couldn’t have. 

Kiser was MaxPreps National Player of the Year

what’s your point? 

12 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

Who said they “can’t”? Didn’t but doesnt mean they couldn’t have. 

Kiser was MaxPreps National Player of the Year

what’s your point? 

What are your sources? I checked here I don’t see him 

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/news/MemcSVR7HUyCsTC6qpmD5g/high-school-football-every-national-player-of-the-year-going-back-to-1910.htm

23 hours ago, temptation said:

So next question.  What about guys like Bowen and Hansen who play both sides of the ball?  Can one win RB and the other LB?

Yes, Hansen can win "Mr. Football RB position award". and Bowen can win it at "Linebacker" 

but at the end of the day, Indy Star sponsor only 1 Mr. Football, perhaps, Hansen and Bowen will be one of the 3 finalist when it's all said and done.   

Being named top player at your position is quite an accomplishment in itself, just saying 

When nominated by their coach, they have to nominate at a primary position:  My guess would be coach from each school of the 2 players mentioning here are being nominated to RB for Hansen, LB for Bowen, then they add all sorts of the other stats, for instance, Bowen also was Andrean's Punter and was on special teams as well 

33 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Yes, Hansen can win "Mr. Football RB position award". and Bowen can win it at "Linebacker" 

but at the end of the day, Indy Star sponsor only 1 Mr. Football, perhaps, Hansen and Bowen will be one of the 3 finalist when it's all said and done.   

Being named top player at your position is quite an accomplishment in itself, just saying 

When nominated by their coach, they have to nominate at a primary position:  My guess would be coach from each school of the 2 players mentioning here are being nominated to RB for Hansen, LB for Bowen, then they add all sorts of the other stats, for instance, Bowen also was Andrean's Punter and was on special teams as well 

So you can be nominated at either position, but when folks vote they obviously take your accomplishments at both positions into account?

Interesting.