Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

No Clear Mr Football 2022 -- Should they give out the award?

29 minutes ago, The TW said:

Luke Hansen went for right at 200 against New Palestine tonight. He started the game with one of the most violent sacks I’ve seen and continued to be a difference maker on the defensive side of the ball all game. He also broke Roncalli’s career rushing record tonight. 

I ran out of allowed likes on posts, so my like does not show up on this one.  

the kid from Andrean is a star, but what the heck does Hansen have to do to win it?   If he manages to carry Roncalli over EC next weekend, he willl run for 400 yards against whoever comes out of the north

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 10:31 PM, fenderbender said:

I ran out of allowed likes on posts, so my like does not show up on this one.  

the kid from Andrean is a star, but what the heck does Hansen have to do to win it?   If he manages to carry Roncalli over EC next weekend, he willl run for 400 yards against whoever comes out of the north

I think Luke Hansen has done plenty to make a case for Mr. Football. He didn't manage to carry Roncalli over East Central in the Semi-State losing in OT by a FG 24-21, but he did run the ball 41 times for 204 yards and 3 TD's. Which was a pretty impressive game to me. 

East Central and Roncalli were very evenly matched and made for 2 outstanding games! Week 9 in St. Leon Roncalli 21 East Central 19 and Week 14 in St. Leon East Central 24 Roncalli 21 in OT. Rushing for 204 yards and 3 TD's against the EC Defense is very impressive, just like Ringer rushing for 150 and Brotherton 75 against Roncalli's defense was impressive. I knew whomever would win that game (East Central and Roncalli) would win the State Championship easily. I also would say it was a 3 team race East Central, Roncalli, and New Palestine (if New Pal's RB had not been hurt) and all 3 of them ran the ball very very well.

12 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I think Luke Hansen has done plenty to make a case for Mr. Football. He didn't manage to carry Roncalli over East Central in the Semi-State losing in OT by a FG 24-21, but he did run the ball 41 times for 204 yards and 3 TD's. Which was a pretty impressive game to me. 

East Central and Roncalli were very evenly matched and made for 2 outstanding games! Week 9 in St. Leon Roncalli 21 East Central 19 and Week 14 in St. Leon East Central 24 Roncalli 21 in OT. Rushing for 204 yards and 3 TD's against the EC Defense is very impressive, just like Ringer rushing for 150 and Brotherton 75 against Roncalli's defense was impressive. I knew whomever would win that game (East Central and Roncalli) would win the State Championship easily. I also would say it was a 3 team race East Central, Roncalli, and New Palestine (if New Pal's RB had not been hurt) and all 3 of them ran the ball very very well.

If we talk semi state…I’ll take Bowen and his 34 carries for 358 and 5 TDs (in not even 4 quarters) plus the win!

unfortunately couldn’t get in done over the weekend though…still gotta say it’s his to win!

10 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Luke Hansen is an incredible High School football player however, it will be hard to unseat Bowen 

3 minutes ago, Playmaker said:

If we talk semi state…I’ll take Bowen and his 34 carries for 358 and 5 TDs (in not even 4 quarters) plus the win!

unfortunately couldn’t get in done over the weekend though…still gotta say it’s his to win!

I don't believe I said "win" I specifically said Hansen has made his case for Mr. Football. I 100% believe in that statement. 

I will say rushing for 358 yds and 5 TD's is very good, I don't think however there is much of a comparison between FW Luers defense and East Central's defense. Both will be candidates. Here are their stats because many may not know Hansen also played defense just not to the extent Bowen did.

Offense:

Drayk Bowen

242 Carries 1,784 Yards 26 TD

10 Rec 228 Yards 3TD

Luke Hansen

428 Carries 3,080 Yards 35 TD

9 Rec 111 Yards 2 TD

Defense:

Drayk Bowen

90 Solo 54 Asst 144 Total tackles 19 TFL 5 Sacks 2 Int 1 FR

Luke Hansen

17 Solo 27 Asst 44 Total 15 TFL 6 Sacks

3 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I don't believe I said "win" I specifically said Hansen has made his case for Mr. Football. I 100% believe in that statement. 

I will say rushing for 358 yds and 5 TD's is very good, I don't think however there is much of a comparison between FW Luers defense and East Central's defense. Both will be candidates. Here are their stats because many may not know Hansen also played defense just not to the extent Bowen did.

Offense:

Drayk Bowen

242 Carries 1,784 Yards 26 TD

10 Rec 228 Yards 3TD

Luke Hansen

428 Carries 3,080 Yards 35 TD

9 Rec 111 Yards 2 TD

Defense:

Drayk Bowen

90 Solo 54 Asst 144 Total tackles 19 TFL 5 Sacks 2 Int 1 FR

Luke Hansen

17 Solo 27 Asst 44 Total 15 TFL 6 Sacks

Yes.  I will probably get criticized for saying this but level of competition has to matter at some point, especially if you are going to use stats as your main reasoning.

What were Bowen's stats against Merrillville and Crown Point?

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yes.  I will probably get criticized for saying this but level of competition has to matter at some point, especially if you are going to use stats as your main reasoning.

It won't let me edit my post but here is the 4A Statistical leaders for defense

image.png.b02117f6c97faa6be34bb91fd7fec6cc.png

I will look up Bowens stats against Merrillville and Crown Point later.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FastpacedO said:

It won't let me edit my post but here is the 4A Statistical leaders for defense

image.png.b02117f6c97faa6be34bb91fd7fec6cc.png

I will look up Bowens stats against Merrillville and Crown Point later.

To be fair on the opposing side, East Central's schedule is not exactly murderer's row either...

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

Had 8 for 29 against merriville with 16 tackles 2 for loss and a sack

had 12 for 60 some against CP with 8 tackles 2 for loss and fumble recovery

they threw a lot both games

theyre both good players and will probably be 1 and 2…I just think it’s Bowen’s… does it both sides of the ball…has about half the carries as Hanson and definitely doesn’t have the line he does which is possibly the best in the state

I'm so torn on Drayk bowen

On one hand I witnessed him run out of bounds intentionally in the first quarter of the luers game, which is just completely unforgivable 

On the other hand he absolutely leveled that wr from mater dei (it was a beautiful tackle and any player with their helmet and pads on is not defenseless, it's not his fault the kid is short)

59 minutes ago, temptation said:

To be fair on the opposing side, East Central's schedule is not exactly murderer's row either...

No it is not. Regardless they have had a terrific defense for several years now. Their games against Lawrenceburg, Harrison OH (a rival like Roncalli vs Chatard), Moeller, and Roncalli are no cake walks. Just like New Pal regardless what their schedule is they still bring it offensively and defensively and have for several years with close games against: Roncalli, Ev Reitz, Columbus East, etc.

46 minutes ago, Playmaker said:

Had 8 for 29 against merriville with 16 tackles 2 for loss and a sack

had 12 for 60 some against CP with 8 tackles 2 for loss and fumble recovery

they threw a lot both games

1.) theyre both good players and will probably be 1 and 2…I just think it’s Bowen’s… 2.)does it both sides of the ball3.)has about half the carries as Hanson and definitely doesn’t have the line he does which is possibly the best in the state

1 - Yes they are and both will be heavy contenders

2 - As does Hansen on both sides of the ball. Just not as often and not the same position.

3 - he does have half the carries also has half the yards and plays half the competition (my personal opinion). Has a great line, but most great RB's do (name me one great RB over the last 20 years that didn't have a great O-line). Regardless how good Roncalli;s line was. the best in the State was most likely New Palestine's but Roncalli's D-line put them to the test. 

Bowen

vs Merrillville

8 car 29 yds 0 TD 1 Rec 9 yd 0 TD

9 solo  7 asst (16 total) 2 TFL

vs Crown Point

12 Car 64 yds 0 TD

5 solo 3 Asst (8 total) 2 TFL

Hansen

vs Chatard

47 car 233 yds 2 TD 2 Rec 3 yds

1 Asst (1 total)

vs Brebeuf 1

43 car 261 yds 4 TD

5 Asst (5 total) 0.5 TF

vs Male (KY)

37 car 316 yds 4 TD 2 Rec 8 yds

1 Asst (1 total)

vs Elder (OH)

34 car 221 yds 1 TD 1 Rec 10 yds 1 TD

2 Solo 2 Asst (4 Total) 2 TFL

vs East Central 1 

29 car 120 yds

4 Solo 2 sst (6 total) 1 TFL

vs Brebeuf 2

29 car 138 yds 1 Rec 16 yds

4 solo 6 Asst (total)10  5.5 TFL

vs New Palestine

34 car 195 yds 1 TD

2 solo 2 asst 1 TFL]

vs East Central 2

34 car 195 yds 3 TD

2 solo 2 Asst 1 TFL

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

Bowen

vs Merrillville

8 car 29 yds 0 TD 1 Rec 9 yd 0 TD

9 solo  7 asst (16 total) 2 TFL

vs Crown Point

12 Car 64 yds 0 TD

5 solo 3 Asst (8 total) 2 TFL

Hansen

vs Chatard

47 car 233 yds 2 TD 2 Rec 3 yds

1 Asst (1 total)

vs Brebeuf 1

43 car 261 yds 4 TD

5 Asst (5 total) 0.5 TF

vs Male (KY)

37 car 316 yds 4 TD 2 Rec 8 yds

1 Asst (1 total)

vs Elder (OH)

34 car 221 yds 1 TD 1 Rec 10 yds 1 TD

2 Solo 2 Asst (4 Total) 2 TFL

vs East Central 1 

29 car 120 yds

4 Solo 2 sst (6 total) 1 TFL

vs Brebeuf 2

29 car 138 yds 1 Rec 16 yds

4 solo 6 Asst (total)10  5.5 TFL

vs New Palestine

34 car 195 yds 1 TD

2 solo 2 asst 1 TFL]

vs East Central 2

34 car 195 yds 3 TD

2 solo 2 Asst 1 TFL

This right here is eye popping.

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

This is reflective of the quality of Andrean's line vs Roncalli's line. Not Bowen vs Hanson. 

Also, there was a MAJOR reason that Bowen didn't get a lot of carries til late in the year, but I'm sure folks don't want to hear about it.   

Schedule, other than East Chicago and the 2a Tournament, Andrean had a pretty good schedule, maybe not as good as Roncalli, but not horrific by any means.   

2 hours ago, scarab527 said:

This is reflective of the quality of Andrean's line vs Roncalli's line. Not Bowen vs Hanson. 

Just stop.  The damn kid carried the ball 400+ times and EVERY opposing defense KNEW it was coming…and couldn’t stop it.

I don’t care how good your line is, if a team stacks 8/9 guys in the box and the guy still runs over you, it’s insulting to claim “it’s just the line.”

Edited by temptation

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Just stop.  The damn kid carried the ball 400+ times and EVERY opposing defense KNEW it was coming…and couldn’t stop it.

I don’t care how good your line is, if a team stacks 8/9 guys in the box and the guy still runs over you, it’s insulting to claim “it’s just the line.”

You could run for 1500 yards behind the Royals line, 

you understanding that good Defensive Cord do not stack that many in the box because the scheme Roncalli runs would shred it, but you probably do not know what their schemes are so you just say something like that.   

How many full games did you watch of Roncalli?  Andrean?   just curious 

23 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

You could run for 1500 yards behind the Royals line, 

you understanding that good Defensive Cord do not stack that many in the box because the scheme Roncalli runs would shred it, but you probably do not know what their schemes are so you just say something like that.   

How many full games did you watch of Roncalli?  Andrean?   just curious 

Just admit you are pulling for your region guy and move on.

Did you happen to watch the UM/OSU game Saturday?  Michigan has the best OL in the country and ran for 10 yards in the first half because OSU continually had 8-9 guys in the box.  It wasn’t until the second half after they’d been burned by the deep ball multiple times before they shredded them in the run game.

How many voters actually saw both teams play?  Dumb question.

Every region votes for their guy and stuffs the ballot box.

It comes down to the other areas.

If Hansen wins, brace yourself for the “Indy bias” crowd to return and whine.

Edited by temptation

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

Did you happen to watch the UM/OSU game Saturday?  Michigan has the best OL in the country and ran for 10 yards in the first half because OSU continually had 8-9 guys in the box.  It wasn’t until the second half after they’d been burned by the deep ball multiple times before they shredded them in the run game.

my vote goes for the guy who runs downhill into traffic not onto the sideline in the first quarter

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

Last year I voted for OL from Avon, I do my homework, My school is part of Region 4, Lafayette area 

Hansen could very well win, if he does, I will not bat an eye.   

Your 1st attempt of parallelism of Indiana 2a and 4a Catholic teams vs 2 programs who are in top 5, and most consider the vaunted BLUE BLOODs of College Football, is laughable at best, however highly entertaining.,    Like you really really believe 1 game's stats in a college game where both teams get WHOEVER they want in the linage of 4 and 5 star guys vs these 2 teams offensive lines in Indiana, I mean, that is some good throw it against the wall stuff.   Well done, got a true giggle