Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Coach_K

Madison High School Football Coach

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I have a solution.

 

Swap Madison with Silver Creek. Let Silver Creek compete in HHC Athletics. Madison would benefit greatly from playing in the MSC.

 

10 hours ago, DT said:

 

The HHC can go on with 7 schools

CE , NA, Jeff and FC would all benefit from some stiffer non con competition

 

beat-dead-horse.jpg?resize=750,600

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disdain 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I have a solution.

 

Swap Madison with Silver Creek. Let Silver Creek compete in HHC Athletics. Madison would benefit greatly from playing in the MSC.

If Silver Creek was the only high school in its district, it would be bigger than Seymour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DanteEstoniayou can downstroke me all you want, the bottom line the MSC is NOT adding an 11th school/10th Football playing school.  Why in hell would SC leave a conference where they are one of the largest schools for a conference where they would be one of the smallest ones? Can they compete in some sports, yes, in Football they've yet to win a MSC title, they would most likely be a perennial cellar dweller just like Madison in the HHC. And before anyone starts, yes, I'm aware that JC finished second in Football 2-3 year ago. But it was an anomaly. 

Madison has looked at other conferences, geographically where do they fit? Travel and competition wise, the EIAC is about a wash with the HHC. They have at times played Greensburg, Batesville, SD, and Lawrenceburg and the results are pretty much the same, with possibly a slightly better winning percentage. 

The only other option is to join the conference with Southwestern, Switz, South Ripley, etc., and that doesn't really help there cause as there is only one football school in the group, I would guess they'd have similar issues with swimming, wrestling, etc. 

Silver Creek, Borden, and Henryville are not going to consolidate any time soon. So your point about West Clark Schools being larger than Seymour is moot. 

The bottom line is this horse has been beat to death, time and time again. Let's bury it and call it a day. You now live in Nevada, why don't you focus on saving Nevada football? 

Lastly this is not a slam on any schools mentioned. These are the facts as they pertain to the tired subject of conference alignments by supreme leader of the conference alignment/scheduling Nazis. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To respond to the question about why stay in the HHC?  Initially the argument form those living in the past was that Madison was one of the founders of the HHC and that  the rigors of Conference Play get You ready for the IHSAA Tournament.  I pulled out a confernece hanbook once and went through HHC results of all sports.  In all the sports on the boys side it was like 2% and the girls was like 4%   So combined it is in the neighborhood of 3% of all conference titles reside in Madison.   Madison used to get some imported athletic talent when the Jefferson Proving Ground was in existence.  When that closed so did the army brats school attendance.  It is a mystery why the cubs stay in the HHC.  They had a chance to join the EIAC when Rushville and Connersville came in.  Originally the thought was that the EIAC wanted a North team and a South team (Madison).  I believe the demographic make up of town is like 12,000 people. 2017 numbers says the county population is 32089.  Within this county are 3 high schools.   Madison, Shawe, and Southwestern.  Southwestern just had a run in Boys Basketball where they were top ranked in 2A for much of the year. Nothing against the other schools but their is that "bailout or excuse" lets go to Southwestern for basketball.  You don't even have to move and it does not become the IHSAA's business if you do it prior to 9th grade enrollment.

Back to the thought.  If Madison could find a Conference of like demographic schools I thoroughly believe that  they would be competitive as well as successful in athletics.  A few wins turns it around.  Confidence goes up, numbers come up and expectations go up.  Or lets just look at going independent.

 

Here's my schedule - Winning Season (Probable)  7-2 Most Likely       8-1 Maybe     9-0  (With some luck and a break hear and there)

Nothing against any of these programs.. I am just building a successful schedule

Crawford County

 Connersville

Scottsburg

Clarksville

Jennings County

 Owen Valley

 Edinburg

Switzerland County

Brown County

 

If the Madison Coach had that schedule he would win a bunch of games and would be in the Hall of Fame with all those victories.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

 

The bottom line is this horse has been beat to death, time and time again. Let's bury it and call it a day. You now live in Nevada, why don't you focus on saving Nevada football? 

Our issues with scheduling is not in alignment with Indiana. Nevada uses the cluster system- all leagues are decided once every two years at a meeting in Carson City.

The real issue is that school enrollments don’t follow a normal distribution and the travel times are therefore large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Our issues with scheduling is not in alignment with Indiana. Nevada uses the cluster system- all leagues are decided once every two years at a meeting in Carson City.

The real issue is that school enrollments don’t follow a normal distribution and the travel times are therefore large.

I don’t care.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I don’t care.

Your interest is not of my concern.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Your interest is not of my concern.

The thread is about Madison Football coach, not scheduling, not conference affiliation, not contraction, not Nevada Football woes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 9:52 PM, DT said:

 

The HHC can go on with 7 schools

CE , NA, Jeff and FC would all benefit from some stiffer non con competition

 

Agree there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone that doesn’t think SC could do better than Madison in the HHC, well, I don’t know what to tell you. They have some pretty talented athletes for a school that size. Brownstown and Charlestown do too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Anyone that doesn’t think SC could do better than Madison in the HHC, well, I don’t know what to tell you. They have some pretty talented athletes for a school that size. Brownstown and Charlestown do too.

Study on it a bit, I'm sure you'll come up with something. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Study on it a bit, I'm sure you'll come up with something. 

Maybe. But their is common sense in play here. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Maybe. But their is common sense in play here. Lol.

In Football since their inception they are 56-32 in the MSC, with a couple of 6-2 records in the MSC. So what happens to their conference record when they replace Eastern (Pekin), Scottsburg, Clarksville, Corydon, etc., with Columbus East, Floyd Central, Jeff, BNL, etc.?

They have competed favorably in the last several years, with a strong 3A team that won a state championship in Basketball this year. But take away a couple of anomaly years, and there are a lot of 1-4/2-3 seasons against HHC opponents. 

I never said they didn't have athletes, They are a growing school system and I'm sure there's a lot of school shopping that goes on in the West Clark system, but I stand by my comments, if they join the HHC, across the board, year in and year out, they don't fare much better than Madison does. 

So I'll call your common sense, and raise you with some actual records. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 4:58 PM, DT said:

I think this issue plays out over time and resolves itself.

Those who are coming into power in the education hierarchy do not share the same passion for tackle football as their predecessors did.  Changing demographics, socio economic pressures, injury and potential long term disability concerns, and declining participation will all take their toll and contribute to whether schools decide to play on or contract.  Several schools have already taken a hard look at these challenges and made the decision to shut down struggling programs.  More are sure to come.  

The advancing encroachment of lay coaching is another indicator of deterioration within the sport at the high school level.

From an economic standpoint, chronic underachieving schools create problems within their own school corporations and for those who they compete with at the local level.  High school football is far and away the most expensive sport to offer to student athletes on the extra curricular menu.  Gone are the days when ADs could count on gate receipts and concessions to help fund other sports.  Attendance is abysmal and dropping year over year at staggering rates.  Online streaming will only exacerbate this trend.

How can a struggling school corporation like Frankfort justify the expense of staff, insurance, officials, equipment, travel, etc when the community is so apathetic toward the sport and numbers continue to decline year after year?  This scenario is playing out in many other high school communities across the state.

Yes, I do strongly believe that fewer schools will produce an elevated level of play.  Games will be more competitive and meaningful.  The threat of cancellation and postponement will be mitigated.  Severe injuries due to physical mismatch will decline.  many schools will free up valuable resources that can benefit a broader expanse of the student population.

I have said it before and Ill say it again.  ADs do not owe the high school football experience to their respective student bodies.  Football is a sport that demands resources far and above any other sport on the menu.  Prudent, cost effective decision making should replace maintenance of the status quo.  

 

 

 

I heard at lunch today that Frankfort has 90+ out this year.  The word is the kids are more excited than they’ve been in years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2019 at 11:15 AM, Impartial_Observer said:

In Football since their inception they are 56-32 in the MSC, with a couple of 6-2 records in the MSC. So what happens to their conference record when they replace Eastern (Pekin), Scottsburg, Clarksville, Corydon, etc., with Columbus East, Floyd Central, Jeff, BNL, etc.?

They have competed favorably in the last several years, with a strong 3A team that won a state championship in Basketball this year. But take away a couple of anomaly years, and there are a lot of 1-4/2-3 seasons against HHC opponents. 

I never said they didn't have athletes, They are a growing school system and I'm sure there's a lot of school shopping that goes on in the West Clark system, but I stand by my comments, if they join the HHC, across the board, year in and year out, they don't fare much better than Madison does. 

So I'll call your common sense, and raise you with some actual records. 

The bottom line is, Silver Creek has better athletes, coaches, and just overall athletic program than Madison. Not a shot at Madison. It’s just facts. Is Madison good in anything? I know being in the HHC hurts them. But it does seem like they struggle in almost every sport. Silver Creek might be 3A, but they are capable of beating the New Albanys, Floyd Centrals, and Jeffersonvilles of the world in some Athletics.

Edited by Fkfootball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

The bottom line is, Silver Creek has better athletes, coaches, and just overall athletic program than Madison. Not a shot at Madison. It’s just facts. Is Madison good in anything? I know being in the HHC hurts them. But it does seem like they struggle in almost every sport. Silver Creek might be 3A, but they are capable of beating the New Albanys, Floyd Centrals, and Jeffersonvilles of the world in some Athletics.

Any numbers or is this like your opinion man?

Because your opinion ain't worth spit:

5/14/18 “I think Jeffersonville will be 2nd place.

5/15/18 “Jeff upgraded their coaching significantly. They have a ton of talent”

8/5/18 Jeffersonville wont be any good this year......."

7/15/18 "“He (Glesing) absolutely is the 2nd best coach in this conference."

8/31/18 But this Floyd Central team is pretty good. They're bigger. They're faster. And I honestly feel like they are coached better defensively. And I like their offense.”

8/24/18 Providence won't have 4 first downs”

8/25/18 Great adjustments by coach Bragg. Good win (over Providence).”

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Any numbers or is this like your opinion man?

Because your opinion ain't worth spit:

5/14/18 “I think Jeffersonville will be 2nd place.

5/15/18 “Jeff upgraded their coaching significantly. They have a ton of talent”

8/5/18 Jeffersonville wont be any good this year......."

7/15/18 "“He (Glesing) absolutely is the 2nd best coach in this conference."

8/31/18 But this Floyd Central team is pretty good. They're bigger. They're faster. And I honestly feel like they are coached better defensively. And I like their offense.”

8/24/18 Providence won't have 4 first downs”

8/25/18 Great adjustments by coach Bragg. Good win (over Providence).”

 

WhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT????????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Robert said:

I heard at lunch today that Frankfort has 90+ out this year.  

That would be something to see.  I hope it comes to pass, although probably close to 50% of those have never played tackle football before.  

 

  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Any numbers or is this like your opinion man?

Because your opinion ain't worth spit:

5/14/18 “I think Jeffersonville will be 2nd place.

5/15/18 “Jeff upgraded their coaching significantly. They have a ton of talent”

8/5/18 Jeffersonville wont be any good this year......."

7/15/18 "“He (Glesing) absolutely is the 2nd best coach in this conference."

8/31/18 But this Floyd Central team is pretty good. They're bigger. They're faster. And I honestly feel like they are coached better defensively. And I like their offense.”

8/24/18 Providence won't have 4 first downs”

8/25/18 Great adjustments by coach Bragg. Good win (over Providence).”

 

When you can come and criticize me face to face, than I’ll accept your ridicule. People have opinions man. And nobody is right 100% of the time. I can’t really give much of an opinion on Floyd Central anymore because they have coaches on here that will correct anything I say wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

When you can come and criticize me face to face, than I’ll accept your ridicule. People have opinions man. And nobody is right 100% of the time. I can’t really give much of an opinion on Floyd Central anymore because they have coaches on here that will correct anything I say wrong.

I have offered both opinions and the numbers to back it up. You’re the one who claimed I had no common sense, if I didn’t agree with you, there was nothing left to say. 

Next time I’m at FC I’ll let you know, I’ll buy the first round.  My real identity is about the worst kept secret on the GID, ask anyone who knows me, and I’m sure they’ll agree I haven’t said anything on here I wouldn’t say face to face. I have no problem calling BS when I see it. And whether you accept it or not, I stand by what I have posted. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2019 at 9:09 PM, Impartial_Observer said:

I have offered both opinions and the numbers to back it up. You’re the one who claimed I had no common sense, if I didn’t agree with you, there was nothing left to say. 

Next time I’m at FC I’ll let you know, I’ll buy the first round.  My real identity is about the worst kept secret on the GID, ask anyone who knows me, and I’m sure they’ll agree I haven’t said anything on here I wouldn’t say face to face. I have no problem calling BS when I see it. And whether you accept it or not, I stand by what I have posted. 

Still **crickets** 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds like a Kentucky problem to me. I say just draw the line from the IN/OH line north of Lawrenceburg straight west to the IN/IL line north of Sullivan and problem solved. JK 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...