Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Survival Top 25 (10/29)

Only teams still remaining in the IHSAA tournament are eligible.

1. Hamilton Southeastern 
  2. Brownsburg
  3. Cathedral
  4. Center Grove
  5. Roncalli
  6. New Palestine
  7. Westfield
  8. Fishers
  9. Carroll (Fort Wayne)
  10. Fort Wayne Snider
  11. East Central
  12. Lawrence Central
  13. Warren Central
  14. Crown Point
  15. Fort Wayne North
  16. Whiteland
  17. Bishop Chatard
  18. NorthWood
  19. Brebeuf Jesuit
  20. West Lafayette 
  21. New Prairie
  22. Merrillville
  23. Mishawaka 
  24. Bloomington South
  25. Franklin
Edited by temptation

3 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

I think Carroll and Snider are both better than Fishers and Westfield. Let’s see how it plays out…

35-7 over Penn is eye popping. Even the Indy folks can attest to that. 

I respect Temp's poll. He's ready to bounce Carroll and Snider like a yoyo. Could be up, could be down. We'll have answers after semi-state. I will say that Carroll's win over Penn should have put them at #5. He's being cautious. 

Right now I have Carroll over Fishers and Westfield with Snider right about even with them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/29/2022 at 7:12 PM, Komets2727 said:

I think Carroll and Snider are both better than Fishers and Westfield. Let’s see how it plays out…

I am not so sure I would say that right now. Fishers lost in OT to HSE 28-27 and lost to Westfield 28-17. Westfield dropped an early one to New Pal (who is evidently very good regardless of class this year)and lost to HSE 26-21 and actually had a lead on Brownsburg at halftime on the road. Westfield has steadily improved (evidenced by their win over Carmel). HSE is in my opinion Head and Shoulders above all remaining 6A North teams (we will se how it plays out), and Fishers and Westfield are right there with HSE.

On 10/29/2022 at 7:23 PM, BTF said:

35-7 over Penn is eye popping. Even the Indy folks can attest to that

I respect Temp's poll. He's ready to bounce Carroll and Snider like a yoyo. Could be up, could be down. We'll have answers after semi-state. I will say that Carroll's win over Penn should have put them at #5. He's being cautious. 

Right now I have Carroll over Fishers and Westfield with Snider right about even with them. 

I am not sure I would go that far. Penn hasn't exactly been killing it the last couple of years. Right now I would take Fishers and Westfield over Carroll or Snider personally. Fortunately for Snider or Carrol they won't see Fishers or Westfield (unless they upset HSE which is very possible). I personally think barring any injury HSE will be coming out of the North (and I will eat my words if I am wrong). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I am not so sure I would say that right now. Fishers lost in OT to HSE 28-27 and lost to Westfield 28-17. Westfield dropped an early one to New Pal (who is evidently very good regardless of class this year)and lost to HSE 26-21 and actually had a lead on Brownsburg at halftime on the road. Westfield has steadily improved (evidenced by their win over Carmel). HSE is in my opinion Head and Shoulders above all remaining 6A North teams (we will se how it plays out), and Fishers and Westfield are right there with HSE.

I am not sure I would go that far. Penn hasn't exactly been killing it the last couple of years. Right now I would take Fishers and Westfield over Carroll or Snider personally. Fortunately for Snider or Carrol they won't see Fishers or Westfield (unless they upset HSE which is very possible). I personally think barring any injury HSE will be coming out of the North (and I will eat my words if I am wrong). 

Seconded.

42 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Shame Westfield isn't still in 5A. They've had some good battles in the past. 

Edited by BTF

45 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Penn hasn't exactly been killing it the last couple of years. 

They took Cathedral to the wire and had a pretty good season before getting dominated by Carroll. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Carroll can't hang with Indy's best............unless we're strictly going by results of the past. 

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

Let me clarify.  Seconded until the last sentence.  I am all in on Westfield coming out of the north.

54 minutes ago, temptation said:

Let me clarify.  Seconded until the last sentence.  I am all in on Westfield coming out of the north.

You've been optimistic regarding Westfield all season long, even when they didn't look so great at the beginning of the year. Turns out you knew something all along. The Rocks are looking good. 

I think it's out of bounds for some to say that Carroll isn't on the same playing field as Indy's best this year considering they beat Penn by a larger margin than Cathedral did and Homestead by a larger margin than HSE did. Winning 35-7 was an eye opener, but fans in Indy seem to want to turn a blind eye to it. The Chargers have a lot to prove, I get it considering how Indy has dominated 6A.  Crown Point is really good and then the inevitable..............HSE/Westfield comes to town. 

11 minutes ago, BTF said:

You've been optimistic regarding Westfield all season long, even when they didn't look so great at the beginning of the year. Turns out you knew something all along. The Rocks are looking good. 

I think it's out of bounds for some to say that Carroll isn't on the same playing field as Indy's best this year considering they beat Penn by a larger margin than Cathedral did and Homestead by a larger margin than HSE did. Winning 35-7 was an eye opener, but fans in Indy seem to want to turn a blind eye to it. The Chargers have a lot to prove, I get it considering how Indy has dominated 6A.  Crown Point is really good and then the inevitable..............HSE/Westfield comes to town. 

Eh, got lucky.  A big believer in experience and I think Gilbert is one hell of a coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

They took Cathedral to the wire and had a pretty good season before getting dominated by Carroll. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that Carroll can't hang with Indy's best............unless we're strictly going by results of the past. 

If by the wire you mean stayed within 1 point prior to halftime (14-13). The Irish outscored them 21-8 and that 8 came in the 4th quarter, not what I would consider to the wire. It also was a week 3 game, week 3 vs week 10 or 11 can be totally different. Carroll can always prove me wrong and I will eat my words, but I believe Fishers, Westfield, and HSE would win in a head to head match-up.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Eh, got lucky.  A big believer in experience and I think Gilbert is one hell of a coach.

He definitely is. They took a couple lumps early on, but he has definitely coached the team up and as they have gained experience they have gotten better!

On 10/29/2022 at 9:37 AM, BTF said:

You badly want to move Carroll higher. You just can't until you see how they do against an Indy team. 

LOL. I was curious to see where he had Carroll as well. I watched most of their game with Penn. I was very surprised by their size, speed, and talent. I've been burned before thinking Carroll was ready for Hamilton County so I'll patiently wait to see how this unfolds. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

If by the wire you mean stayed within 1 point prior to halftime (14-13). The Irish outscored them 21-8 and that 8 came in the 4th quarter, not what I would consider to the wire. It also was a week 3 game, week 3 vs week 10 or 11 can be totally different. Carroll can always prove me wrong and I will eat my words, but I believe Fishers, Westfield, and HSE would win in a head to head match-up.

Penn could also say that they've improved since Week 3. 

There's certainly nothing wrong with thinking Fishers, Westfield, and HSE would be Carroll head to head. Given past performance, that would be the best bet. Anyway, the Crown Point/Carroll winner facing off against HSE/Westfield will have some intrigue to it. 

1 minute ago, Boilernation said:

LOL. I was curious to see where he had Carroll as well. I watched most of their game with Penn. I was very surprised by their size, speed, and talent. I've been burned before thinking Carroll was ready for Hamilton County so I'll patiently wait to see how this unfolds. 

From what I remember about Carroll's game against Snider, they're not flashy by any means. They just get the job done. Quality all over the field. 

12 minutes ago, temptation said:

His track record speaks for itself. Good coaching + growing suburban enrollment = extremely dangerous. 

33 minutes ago, BTF said:

Penn could also say that they've improved since Week 3. 

There's certainly nothing wrong with thinking Fishers, Westfield, and HSE would be Carroll head to head. Given past performance, that would be the best bet. Anyway, the Crown Point/Carroll winner facing off against HSE/Westfield will have some intrigue to it. 

From what I remember about Carroll's game against Snider, they're not flashy by any means. They just get the job done. Quality all over the field. 

Do I need to say it, lol?

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Wire is a stretch but yes Penn did play Cathedral better than they've had in the past. It is important to note that CHS was down their starting RB, TE, and DT, two of which are D1 commits. Definitely suffered a first half hangover after a pretty demoralizing loss to Brownsburg, but turned it on in the second half when they needed too. 

As far as Carroll goes, I haven't seen them play so can't really comment. They should have their chance to prove themselves here in a few weeks assuming they get past Crown Point. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

After watching CP/Portage last week and seeing what Carroll did to Penn, I'm taking the Chargers by 3 TDs over CP. They are the best team outside of the Donut. I'm interested to see how they stack up against whoever comes out of the other regional. But I've gotten my hopes up before... 

2 hours ago, scarab527 said:

After watching CP/Portage last week and seeing what Carroll did to Penn, I'm taking the Chargers by 3 TDs over CP. They are the best team outside of the Donut. I'm interested to see how they stack up against whoever comes out of the other regional. But I've gotten my hopes up before... 

Likewise. Could be a good game. 

8 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

You mind dropping like HM 26-40, if u have already determined those teams?

26.  Lafayette Jefferson

27.  Kokomo

28.  Southridge

29.  Andrean

30.  Plainfield

31.  Martinsville

32.  Owen Valley

33.  Warsaw

34.  Indianapolis Lutheran

35.  Boonville

36.  Evansville Memorial

37.  Columbia City

38.  Indianapolis Scecina

39.  Triton Central

40.  Valparaiso

41.  Norwell

42.  Chesterton

43.  Lawrenceburg

44.  Leo

45.  Linton-Stockton

46.  Evansville Mater Dei

47.  Hobart

48.  Eastside

49.  Guerin Catholic

50.  Castle

• Like 1

Norwell could be as high as 15. I think Chatard will have their hands full with them. I don't think it's off base to think they are currently #22. Maybe it's my northern bias, we'll find out. 

Good poll Temp.