Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ding, Dong…the Witch is Dead

Upon joining these boards about a half decade ago, I claimed the MIC was on borrowed time and that the HCC would be the superior conference in the future.

Many users were in denial, some were on board and questioned when.

Well, I am here to declare that on this 29th day of October in the year 2022, it is official.  

The torch has been passed.

Even while still allowing the MIC to claim Carmel and Center Grove (and once again let’s not kid ourselves and go down that rabbit hole), the HCC put the icing and the cherry on top with last night’s sectional performances.

For the season, the HCC was 10-3 against the MIC with Avon suffering two and Franklin Central suffering one of the losses.

But can they do it in the playoffs?

Yes.

Brownsburg 48-20 on the road over MIC “champion” Ben Davis.

Westfield 28-9 on the road over Carmel.

Center Grove went into a mid pack HCC squad in Franklin Central and barely escaped 14-10.

Avon went on the road and defeated Pike.

The HCC has 6 teams left, the MIC 3.

Still more chances too as three MIC teams are left on Brownsburg’s side of the bracket and an HCC team could come out of the north.

Mic drop…pun intended.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

Upon joining these boards about a half decade ago, I claimed the MIC was on borrowed time and that the HCC would be the superior conference in the future.

Many users were in denial, some were on board and questioned when.

Well, I am here to declare that on this 29th day of October in the year 2022, it is official.  

The torch has been passed.

Even while still allowing the MIC to claim Carmel and Center Grove (and once again let’s not kid ourselves and go down that rabbit hole), the HCC put the icing and the cherry on top with last night’s sectional performances.

For the season, the HCC was 10-3 against the MIC with Avon suffering two and Franklin Central suffering one of the losses.

But can they do it in the playoffs?

Yes.

Brownsburg 48-20 on the road over MIC “champion” Ben Davis.

Westfield 28-9 on the road over Carmel.

Center Grove went into a mid pack HCC squad in Franklin Central and barely escaped 14-10.

Avon went on the road and defeated Pike.

The HCC has 6 teams left, the MIC 3.

Still more chances too as three MIC teams are left on Brownsburg’s side of the bracket and an HCC team could come out of the north.

Mic drop…pun intended.

Carmel and CG’s removal from the MIC accelerated this by 5 or so years. Still need to see the HCC win a 6A title before I’m ready to dance on the MIC’s grave. That being said, I have no issue saying a Carmel-less and Center Grove-less MIC is now behind the HCC. That’s not really any Earth shattering revelation.

And on a side note, when do heads start to roll at Carmel? One of the most disappointing football programs in the state the last few seasons.

9 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Carmel and CG’s removal from the MIC accelerated this by 5 or so years. Still need to see the HCC win a 6A title before I’m ready to dance on the MIC’s grave. That being said, I have no issue saying a Carmel-less and Center Grove-less MIC is now behind the HCC. That’s not really any Earth shattering revelation.

And on a side note, when do heads start to roll at Carmel? One of the most disappointing football programs in the state the last few seasons.

I included Carmel and Center Grove in my data…it’s over man.

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

I included Carmel and Center Grove in my data…it’s over man.

Carmel and Center Grove no longer play in the MIC. You probably could have written this the second they were booted. Still need to see the HCC actually win a 6A title before I’m ready to pop bottles. A state title win would finally put a dent in the MIC’s 9-0 immaculate record in state championship games.

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Carmel and Center Grove are synonymous with suburb. They no longer play in the MIC.

I'm just pointing out that 6 of those 9 were won by the top three schools in terms of enrollment. Congratulations to Eric Moore for breaking that barrier. 

11 minutes ago, temptation said:

Meant in terms of expansion.

Whiteland? Decatur Central?

Just now, Footballking16 said:

I think New Pal would more than hold their own. They would have been head over heels better than anybody not named Ben Davis this year.

Small enrollment school that plays their best players both ways to compete with the big boys. I'm not sure the MIC is good for them every single year. 

35 minutes ago, BTF said:

Whiteland? Decatur Central?

Small enrollment school that plays their best players both ways to compete with the big boys. I'm not sure the MIC is good for them every single year. 

Whiteland is intriguing as they will be Westfield in enrollment in the next few years and 3000+ by the middle of the next decade, if not sooner.

That one wouldn’t pay off for years as Whiteland couldn’t compete week in and week out, but neither could New Pal.

Decatur matches from an SES standpoint but really does nothing to add prestige to the conference.  They are basically Pike without the enrollment.

I also wonder how other sports play factor.  Football is likely king at all three schools mentioned but could they compete with the top MIC schools in the other sports?

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Whiteland is intriguing as they will be Westfield in enrollment in the next few years and 3000+ by the middle of the next decade, if not sooner.

That one wouldn’t pay off for years as Whiteland couldn’t compete week in and week out, but neither could New Pal.

Decatur matches from an SES standpoint but really does nothing to add prestige to the conference.  They are basically Pike without the enrollment.

I also wonder how other sports play factor.  Football is likely king at all three schools mentioned but could they compete with the top MIC schools in the other sports?

Not sure anyone is a good fit to be honest. I struggled coming up with Whiteland and Decatur Central.

Without Carmel and Center Grove, the MIC is the new IPS. It's indisputable that Indianapolis Public Schools has just been pushed out to the old Marion County. If IPS futility is any past indicator of future performance, your topic line should have been, "the MIC has just entered the death spiral".

Not much of a story really. 

• Haha 1