Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC Sectional Finals

Andrean @ Bremen- unfortunately I think the lions will have way more than they can handle in this one. Andrean by 28

Knox @ Jimtown- the Jimmies have had a great season and Knox has seemed to buy into Radtke’s philosophy. I hate picking against the NIC but I think Knox takes this one by 7

New Prairie@ Hobart- NP losing to Penn has turned out to be a blessing. Since that game the Cougars have been on a terror and have imposed their will on others. Hobart is a solid team with a very good Running back and QB. I believe NP comes out and continues to step on the gas and tick this one by 14

New Prairie (10-1) @ Hobart (8-3) - Hobart has been a little bit of a thorn in the side of the Cougars in recent history. I think NP gets it done this year against the Brickies. Hobart has a solid running back and if the Cougars can figure out how to contain him it should be another "W". Always nerve wracking going over to "Da Region" for a championship but if NP plays like they have been playing I'm feeling good about our chances. 

Knox (8-3) @ Jimtown (9-2) - Something tells me Knox is going to knock off the Jimmies. Should be a great game either way; really wish Channel 46 picked this one up for the game of the week as I think they are falling in love with Mishawaka a little too much lately. 

Andrean (7-3) @ Bremen (7-4) - Don't think Bremen has much of a chance in this one.

NP seems to be playing their best ball since the Penn loss.  Hobart has lost to Chesterton, Merrillville (by 10) and Andrean (by 7).  THeir common opponent is Lowell which NP has handled twice and the Brickies won a tight one.  I think NP but I have seen teams who go over to the Brickie Bowl and are favored to win and who do not.  But not wavering from NP

Radtke seems to finally has his team.  He lost 2 games by 3 points (one of the teams was LaVille).  North Judson beat them 26-0.  Jimtown lost to Northwood and Concord to start the year.  They have played the tougher competition which some people say prepares your for your class in the tournament.  If Jimtown can defense Knox's offense and hold them down I can see the Jimmies moving on.

Bremen is in the same boat as LaVille.  You are taking on a school that has played all 4A and up teams until the tournament.  They also may have Mr. Football, the ND recruit.  Two of the teams they lost to Crown Point and Merrillville.  Could this be a running clock after halftime if not before?

10 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

NP seems to be playing their best ball since the Penn loss.  Hobart has lost to Chesterton, Merrillville (by 10) and Andrean (by 7).  THeir common opponent is Lowell which NP has handled twice and the Brickies won a tight one.  I think NP but I have seen teams who go over to the Brickie Bowl and are favored to win and who do not.  But not wavering from NP

Radtke seems to finally has his team.  He lost 2 games by 3 points (one of the teams was LaVille).  North Judson beat them 26-0.  Jimtown lost to Northwood and Concord to start the year.  They have played the tougher competition which some people say prepares your for your class in the tournament.  If Jimtown can defense Knox's offense and hold them down I can see the Jimmies moving on.

Bremen is in the same boat as LaVille.  You are taking on a school that has played all 4A and up teams until the tournament.  They also may have Mr. Football, the ND recruit.  Two of the teams they lost to Crown Point and Merrillville.  Could this be a running clock after halftime if not before?

Actually according to Sagarin, Knox has played the more difficult schedule this year.  In fact, the HNAC as a whole was a better conference than the NIC small schools.  The HNAC has 4 teams with a higher Sagarin rating than the NIC champ, Jimtown.

This was definitely a down year in the NIC south, and same for most of the big schools as well. 

As a region, area football is falling further behind other regions. Michiana at one point was above Fort Wayne and right beind Indy. That is clearly not the case anymore. Sending 2 or 3 teams to state was common, they are lucky to get one now. 

12 hours ago, PantherPride said:

Yeah what the heck 46? Mishawaka will be on for the 3rd time this year. 

Don't want to hijack the thread or not speak highly of Freeby and Co. too much because they do a hell of a job for local athletics, we are truly lucky to have them around us. But in my mind they had 3 options to show this week:

Mishawaka vs. Concord

Jimtown vs. Knox

Northridge vs. Northwood

I get why they aren't showing Northridge and Northwood as they are banking on NP winning and then having the NP vs NW/NR Regional next week (I'll bet my life savings if NP wins it'll be the game of the week next week).

That really leaves them with 2 options. Really think Jimtown vs. Knox deserves it as BOTH teams have put together nice seasons and it'll probably be a really good game. Not too mention Jimtown has been featured once and Knox zero. Where-as Concord and Mishawaka will have been on a combined 5 times when this one is all said and done. Not too mention the Cavemen get more than there fair share year after year. But as someone said the Cavemen have a nice following and I'm sure viewers and advertisement $ play a part in all of this. Something has to keep the lights on. 

The NIC south was a joke this year. Normally Marian would be a lot better and Bremen was hit and miss. They really need Glenn to get back to where they were 10 years ago as well as Bremen. You have that and maybe the south bend schools have a good team every year out of 1 of them and that’s a good conference cause you know Marian won’t be down for long.  

and I was wondering about the decline of Michiana football recently and the cause. I remember as a kid you had Penn, Bremen, Jimtown, Goshen, St Joe, Northwood all winning a title or getting there multiple times.  I wanna say it was 95 there was 3 different classes with teams down there: Penn, St Joe and Bremen.

4 hours ago, PantherPride said:

The NIC south was a joke this year. Normally Marian would be a lot better and Bremen was hit and miss. They really need Glenn to get back to where they were 10 years ago as well as Bremen. You have that and maybe the south bend schools have a good team every year out of 1 of them and that’s a good conference cause you know Marian won’t be down for long.  

and I was wondering about the decline of Michiana football recently and the cause. I remember as a kid you had Penn, Bremen, Jimtown, Goshen, St Joe, Northwood all winning a title or getting there multiple times.  I wanna say it was 95 there was 3 different classes with teams down there: Penn, St Joe and Bremen.

In 98:

Class 2A - Jimtown

Class 3A - NorthWood

Class 4A - Concord

Class 5A - Penn

That was a great year for the area...i dont recall if there were any local 1A schools at that time.  Sadley...Jimtown was the only team to win it that year.

New Prairie (10-1) @ Hobart (8-3)

Prediction:  New Prairie 21 Hobart 17 

Analysis:  A low scoring affair.  New Prairie with enough wrinkles on offense to get the edge.  Honestly I dont know much about either team other than looking at opponents and schedule results.

Knox (8-3) @ Jimtown (9-2)

Prediction:  Jimtown 28 Knox 22

Analysis:  Knox hasn't played a defense like Jimtown since they played NJ.  Jimtown's D is tough; big, strong, and fast.  Knox is one dimensional and may have a hard time converting 3rd and long.  I see Knox likely go for it on 4th down multiple times in this game.  If Jimtown can turn them over a few times it will be a long night for the Redskins.  If Knox can complete 4-5 passes, this game goes the other way.  A tight one at Sharpe Stadium!

Andrean (7-3) @ Bremen (7-4)

Prediction:  Andrean 48 Bremen 0

Analysis:  none needed

On 10/31/2022 at 3:01 PM, 00NWP said:

In 98:

Class 2A - Jimtown

Class 3A - NorthWood

Class 4A - Concord

Class 5A - Penn

That was a great year for the area...i dont recall if there were any local 1A schools at that time.  Sadley...Jimtown was the only team to win it that year.

Penn got knocked out in the semi state at Homestead in '98. Back to Indy in '99 to get whacked by Ben Davis, and then back in '00 for a win over Center Grove. 

On 10/31/2022 at 10:24 AM, PantherPride said:

I wanna say it was 95 there was 3 different classes with teams down there: Penn, St Joe and Bremen.

2 out of 3 brought back titles that year.

On 10/30/2022 at 2:17 PM, ASJCPUMA said:

New Prairie (10-1) @ Hobart (8-3) - Wow, NP having arguably the best stretch of games in program history. 42-6 at the inferno and 49-14 at the brickyard IN THE FIRST HALF  against teams that tied for the NCC championship this year; crazy. Offense is absolutely firing on all cylinders. Defense has been solid (they have been all year) with athletes all over the field. Would of been an awesome showdown against a 12-0 Northwood team in New Carlisle this Friday, but I think every NP player as well as fan will happily take on Northridge. Congrats to the Cougars!

Knox (-3) @ Jimtown (9-2) - Kind of what I expected. Jimtown was a decent team in a bad conference this year where-as Knox was a good team in a good conference. 

Andrean (7-3) @ Bremen (7-4) - No surprises