Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

LCC at Rochester

Should be a good game!  LCC has never played Rochester.  Anybody on here know anything about Rochester?  LCC played really well against Cass, but I don't think Rochester will turn the ball over 6 times like Cass did.  LCC will probably have to score 30 points to win because their defense is not great.  I'll say LCC wins 34-28.

30 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

They’re called Zebras. They are run heavy and have at least 3 strong runners. 

I think we can beat a Zebra, but if they were called the Rochester Rhinos or something like that, we probably couldn't beat them. 🙂 I kind of wish with they were pass heavy.  You can't get a pick six if they don't throw the ball.  I might say crazy things because I am not sure we can beat them.  This is going to be a close game.  Thanks for the info!

10 minutes ago, Tippy said:

Should be a good game!  LCC has never played Rochester.  Anybody on here know anything about Rochester?  LCC played really well against Cass, but I don't think Rochester will turn the ball over 6 times like Cass did.  LCC will probably have to score 30 points to win because their defense is not great.  I'll say LCC wins 34-28.

7 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

They’re called Zebras. They are run heavy and have at least 3 strong runners. 

The biggest drawback that I see for Rochester is that LCC's three losses have come with teams that have put the ball up in the air at least minimally.  Even HH, which had the least passing shots at LCC's defense still completed more passes in their game with LCC, 12, than Rochester has completed all season, 11.  HH even put up more passing TDs in that one game than Rochester has all season 3 to 2.  Guerin also put up 3 passing TDs and WL put up 3 passing TDs as well.

In watching LCC, their secondary was vulnerable in the air, which is uncharacteristic for LCC teams, but pretty decent when playing the expected run.  Where they got in trouble was when a team could keep them honest, or worse, burn them, when they were looking into the backfield from the secondary.  It will be interesting to see if they stuff 10-11 in the box and dare Rochester to throw on them.  Rochester only has 31 attempts for the season and hasn't completed a pass since September.  Of the 11 pass completions for the season, nine of them have been to a single person and he hasn't had a reception in a month and a half.

Both schools have played some 3A competition, but SOS, particularly for those 3A opponents goes in LCC's favor.  LCC still has three 3A opponents left in the mix right now including Hamilton Heights who is #16 Sagarin in 3A, Guerin who is #5 Sagarin in 3A, and WL #2 Sagarin in 3A while Rochester still has #13 Sagarin in 3A left in the mix.  The one thing that I am interested in is Rochester's last game against Benton Central.  BC hasn't entered stats, so it's hard to get some data points, but BC put up 26 points on Rochester, but put up zero on LCC. 

16 minutes ago, foxbat said:

The biggest drawback that I see for Rochester is that LCC's three losses have come with teams that have put the ball up in the air at least minimally.  Even HH, which had the least passing shots at LCC's defense still completed more passes in their game with LCC, 12, than Rochester has completed all season, 11.  HH even put up more passing TDs in that one game than Rochester has all season 3 to 2.  Guerin also put up 3 passing TDs and WL put up 3 passing TDs as well.

In watching LCC, their secondary was vulnerable in the air, which is uncharacteristic for LCC teams, but pretty decent when playing the expected run.  Where they got in trouble was when a team could keep them honest, or worse, burn them, when they were looking into the backfield from the secondary.  It will be interesting to see if they stuff 10-11 in the box and dare Rochester to throw on them.  Rochester only has 31 attempts for the season and hasn't completed a pass since September.  Of the 11 pass completions for the season, nine of them have been to a single person and he hasn't had a reception in a month and a half.

Both schools have played some 3A competition, but SOS, particularly for those 3A opponents goes in LCC's favor.  LCC still has three 3A opponents left in the mix right now including Hamilton Heights who is #16 Sagarin in 3A, Guerin who is #5 Sagarin in 3A, and WL #2 Sagarin in 3A while Rochester still has #13 Sagarin in 3A left in the mix.  The one thing that I am interested in is Rochester's last game against Benton Central.  BC hasn't entered stats, so it's hard to get some data points, but BC put up 26 points on Rochester, but put up zero on LCC. 

It was 43-12 at the end of 3. I imagine Rochester's back ups were in when the last two scores occurred. 

20 minutes ago, foxbat said:

It might come down to special teams.  LCC has not been great in that department.  Cass blocked a LCC punt and only had to go 3 yards for one of their scores.  

No need to throw it when you have three backs averaging over 100 yards a game and 400 yards rushing as a team the last three games😁 Looked to me like Cass didn’t throw the ball very effectively, but ran all over LCC, just couldn’t hold onto the ball. I’m very impressed with LCC’s wideouts route running and the screens they throw. Gonna come down to which defense steps up.

Rochester had the score up to 50-12 against Benton Central when BC just started launching it deep and made some plays. They then recovered an onside kick and scored one more time before the game ended. Rochester had 500 yards rushing on the night. They couldn’t be stopped except for the lone turnover they had to start the game.

I watched the BC/LCC game. BC could barely get the snap against them and they played very early in the season. The BC team Rochester played was much improved from the beginning of the year. It shows in the difference of the scores between the two BC and Delphi matchups. BC’s head coach is doing a great job with that program. With only losing 3 seniors, don’t expect BC to be a team you can put a running clock on every week like years past going forward into next season. 

10 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

No need to throw it when you have three backs averaging over 100 yards a game and 400 yards rushing as a team the last three games😁 Looked to me like Cass didn’t throw the ball very effectively, but ran all over LCC, just couldn’t hold onto the ball. I’m very impressed with LCC’s wideouts route running and the screens they throw. Gonna come down to which defense steps up.

Rochester had the score up to 50-12 against Benton Central when BC just started launching it deep and made some plays. They then recovered an onside kick and scored one more time before the game ended. Rochester had 500 yards rushing on the night. They couldn’t be stopped except for the lone turnover they had to start the game.

I watched the BC/LCC game. BC could barely get the snap against them and they played very early in the season. The BC team Rochester played was much improved from the beginning of the year. It shows in the difference of the scores between the two BC and Delphi matchups. BC’s head coach is doing a great job with that program. With only losing 3 seniors, don’t expect BC to be a team you can put a running clock on every week like years past going forward into next season. 

Was very wrong on this. BC played LCC Week 8. Still night and day the team I saw on film compared to the team Rochester played last Friday night.

12 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

I agree.  Andy's done a great job with the team.  Folks may not know this, but I'll toot Andy's horn for him ... he and Steve Ade did a phenomenal job with the BC youth program back in the day even when the odds seemed stacked against them.  They gutted it out and worked with those kids and kept them engaged when the program, both youth and high school was struggling.  Andy's now getting that chance to take those kids that he nurtured early on and be with them to enjoy the fruits of their early labors.  Hats off to him and Steve ... and all of the other coaches around who just won't quit and invest that time at the youth level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Football Guru 25 said:

LCC will destroy Rochester!!!!

I hope you are right!  Perhaps you could list some reasons why LCC would destroy Rochester.  I think the teams are about even.  If I thought LCC would destroy Rochester or Rochester would destroy LCC, I would say so, but I am really not sure who will win.

1 minute ago, Tippy said:

I hope you are right!  Perhaps you could list some reasons why LCC would destroy Rochester.  I think the teams are about even.  If I thought LCC would destroy Rochester or Rochester would destroy LCC, I would say so, but I am really not sure who will win.

Not sure either... could go a bunch a ways.... one thing for sure... if either team catches TO-itis from Harrison they will lose... 

8 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Not sure either... could go a bunch a ways.... one thing for sure... if either team catches TO-itis from Harrison they will lose... 

I just hope LCC doesn't catch blocked punt-itis or bad kicking-itis.  But Harrison and Cass know all too well that TO-itis is the worst itis you can get.

2 minutes ago, Tippy said:

I just hope LCC doesn't catch blocked punt-itis or bad kicking-itis.  But Harrison and Cass know all too well that TO-itis is the worst itis you can get.

Ther was a Lcc player that got the job of long snapper... cause ther was no way he could snap it over the punters headI!!   LoL

20 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

It was an epidemic this last weekend over there.  Four turnovers for the game with three fumbles in the second half and two in the last two possessions of the game including a scoop and score that gave Plainfield the lead.

3 minutes ago, foxbat said:

It was an epidemic this last weekend over there.  Four turnovers for the game with three fumbles in the second half and two in the last two possessions of the game including a scoop and score that gave Plainfield the lead.

It's a sickness with them... shoulda got ther booster shot.. or somtin.... 😊

52 minutes ago, Tippy said:

It's a plus that Lcc can strike from anywher....anytime..... so, they got dat goin for em....

1 minute ago, Tippy said:

Yeah, Mazur played really well against Cass.  I'm not worried about the offense.

Yeah... the O is fine after goin tit for tat on 3 teddies w WL for a half.... if they can keep that up ...n slow down the thundering Zebra herd... could eek out a win....

41 minutes ago, Justafootballmark said:

Don’t see either team getting destroyed here lol. I expect the points to be plentiful and definitely don’t see 5 or 6 turnovers by Rochester happening to bail LCC out like what happened last week vs Cass. Game should not have been close with that many turnovers..

Yep... TOs killed the Kings... but a 21pt loss sounds right vrs a top ten D...  So... we got 2 teams that can put up pts... but less than steller Ds....  Sounds like the 3 headed monster will jus steamroll Lcc.... n when i c a 6-5 1A Northfield team drop 33pts on the Zebras.... u mayb right about the pts... 

• Like 1

I'm going to give the advantage to Rochester offensively in this game over LCC and heres why: Rochester offensively is going to run the ball. Even a bad play for Rochester usually results in a gain of 2 to 3 yards. As long as you are doing that every down, you are going to be in good shape for a first down. LCC has possessions where the defense might not cover them well on three straight plays, but they still have to punt the ball due to three straight incompletions. LCC is very elite at throwing the football, but at the end of the day they are still high school kids. They aren't going to play a complete perfect game, although the qb for LCC against Cass got pretty close. For this reason, if the trend continues from other games this season LCC will have two possessions where they give the ball back to the Zebras without the Zebras doing anything. Possessions are going to be super important this game and I think the Zebras will have a greater chance at possessing the ball and controlling the clock. Of course Cass probably thought the same thing before they put it on the ground 4 times 🙂 

12 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

I'm going to give the advantage to Rochester offensively in this game over LCC and heres why: Rochester offensively is going to run the ball. Even a bad play for Rochester usually results in a gain of 2 to 3 yards. As long as you are doing that every down, you are going to be in good shape for a first down. LCC has possessions where the defense might not cover them well on three straight plays, but they still have to punt the ball due to three straight incompletions. LCC is very elite at throwing the football, but at the end of the day they are still high school kids. They aren't going to play a complete perfect game, although the qb for LCC against Cass got pretty close. For this reason, if the trend continues from other games this season LCC will have two possessions where they give the ball back to the Zebras without the Zebras doing anything. Possessions are going to be super important this game and I think the Zebras will have a greater chance at possessing the ball and controlling the clock. Of course Cass probably thought the same thing before they put it on the ground 4 times 🙂 

Anyone have insights on those Cass fumbles?  There tend to be about three types of fumbles that happen in games 1) loaf of bread handling, 2) right hit, right time, right place, and 3) active defense.  There are some offenses where if the defense sneezes, that ball's coming loose.  There are some defenses that just swarm folks and that ball's coming out ... it's just a question of if the whistle blows first.  Other times, it's just a situational fumble of the right hit at the right time.  Any insights?

Cass had six fumbles for the whole season and then ended up with four just in the LCC game.  Rochester, similarly, has five fumbles in the season so far.  Is it LCC that cause the difference in fumbles or just Cass not concentrating?