Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The best solution

okay bear with me this is gonna be a wild ride.

first thing were doing is moving to a 15 game regular season, and forcing out of conference opponents, so we can get proper ratings for all teams.

were getting rid of the mercy rule because its shit.

were getting rid of the all in format.

10 points required to make it to playoffs

1 point for a win against a school of 400 or more

2 points for a win against a school of 1000 or more

no location based games in playoffs, this bracket is seeded all the way from first to last. by sagarin rating.

higher seed gets home team every single game.

only one tournament all classes duke it out together

state championship is a best of three played on the same day (so I still get to watch football all day), since it would otherwise only be one game.

Mr. Football exclusively goes to a player from whichever team comes out on top, because lets face it, he earned that shit at this point.

edit: I'm aware 'the best solution' is a stupid name for an idea, however I had to change it to that after a sudden realization about the former title.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Rodney said:

okay bear with me this is gonna be a wild ride.

first thing were doing is moving to a 15 game regular season, and forcing out of conference opponents, so we can get proper ratings for all teams.

were getting rid of the mercy rule because its shit.

were getting rid of the all in format.

10 points required to make it to playoffs

1 point for a win against a school of 400 or more

2 points for a win against a school of 1000 or more

no location based games in playoffs, this bracket is seeded all the way from first to last. by sagarin rating.

higher seed gets home team every single game.

only one tournament all classes duke it out together

state championship is a best of three played on the same day (so I still get to watch football all day), since it would otherwise only be one game.

Mr. Football exclusively goes to a player from whichever team comes out on top, because lets face it, he earned that shit at this point.

edit: I'm aware 'the best solution' is a stupid name for an idea, however I had to change it to that after a sudden realization about the former title.

You forgot the post game activities by the victors:

• Haha 1

This is my serious attempt at solving all of the problems for the IHSAA in one go, starting with the most crime; the mercy rule.

this is very very super serious.

Edited by Rodney
because I want to

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Please tell me all punts are live. 

You know I didn't really want to change to much to do with the game itself, that would be a lot in one go.

However, I would be more than happy to add it in there if there were interest.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 12:52 PM, Rodney said:

Love the best of three in one day. That gives the iron man competition a run for it's money. 

You have a pretty decent point regarding Mr. Football going to a state champion. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Love the best of three in one day. That gives the iron man competition a run for it's money. 

You have a pretty decent point regarding Mr. Football going to a state champion. 

it originally was going to be a best of 7 (with all 7 games being required), so We could still make two days out of it. 

However, that was potentially getting into a relatively high game count on the season.

and no I don't believe Mr. football has to be a state champion right now (though he most certainly should be a state champion in 3a or higher)

But in my format, it is undeniable that the team who played a 15 game season, potentially a 10+ game post season, ending with a best of three in one day.

and came out on top

deserves that shit.

On 11/1/2022 at 5:09 PM, NEinFAN said:

I too, love day drinking. 

What's your favorite spot?

typical day; front porch

state championship day: ill have a nice pregame somewhere downtown during the 1a game, then walk to kilroys for a quick refresher in between the rest. same every year.

On 11/1/2022 at 5:35 PM, Donnie Baker said:

What do bears have to do with it?

I'll get to that eventually.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 8:09 PM, Rodney said:

state championship day: ill have a nice pregame somewhere downtown during the 1a game

I would think you of all people would appreciate football at the 1A level. You seem to like a good challenge. What's more challenging then putting together a good football team with an enrollment of 300 kids? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BTF said:

I would think you of all people would appreciate football at the 1A level. You seem to like a good challenge. What's more challenging then putting together a good football team with an enrollment of 300 kids? 

I've been advised to not discuss the topic

there are lurkers with extremely thin skin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 1:31 AM, Rodney said:

This is my serious attempt at solving all of the problems for the IHSAA in one go, starting with the most crime; the mercy rule.

this is very very super serious.

Here's the dirty little secret: the mercy rule or some form of it had already been informally used in Indiana high-school football before it was codified. Anyone who regularly attended Wabash football games at the turn of the century can confirm that.

On 11/17/2022 at 11:27 AM, Sportsguy said:

Here's the dirty little secret: the mercy rule or some form of it had already been informally used in Indiana high-school football before it was codified. Anyone who regularly attended Wabash football games at the turn of the century can confirm that.

It was informally done but there were instances where one team would refuse to do it so regular clock rules were applied. This eliminated that option. That's why coaches pushed it.