Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A East Central at Memorial

14 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Their HC wanted to keep it routine and wanted to play on Friday

Well...we must have heard conflicting reports. It was my understanding they (EC) requested Saturday as were told their was a "craft fair" at Enlow. 

It was at that time the HC just said "play it on Friday then" 

So my question was why weren't other E-ville fields offered?? 

12 minutes ago, jets said:

Well...we must have heard conflicting reports. It was my understanding they (EC) requested Saturday as were told their was a "craft fair" at Enlow. 

Would Southridge play at Jasper?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jets said:

It was a little bit of both, if they wanted to play on Saturday, it would be a late start time, but they also wanted to keep their practice routine the same too

Edited by TigerFan20

1 hour ago, tango said:

Would Southridge play at Jasper?

Interesting. I knew that Memorial considered Enlow their "homefield" - but wasn't aware that they would refuse to play on others field if it was in fact their home game.

I seem to remember a day and age when Mater Dei would glady go to other fields in order to keep the game on Friday - but I also remember when they would play on Saturdays because none were available. 

Again - doesn't much matter - just didn't understand the dynamic if EC wanted to play Saturday. 

Good luck to both teams

3 minutes ago, jets said:

Interesting. I knew that Memorial considered Enlow their "homefield" - but wasn't aware that they would refuse to play on others field if it was in fact their home game.

I seem to remember a day and age when Mater Dei would glady go to other fields in order to keep the game on Friday - but I also remember when they would play on Saturdays because none were available. 

Again - doesn't much matter - just didn't understand the dynamic if EC wanted to play Saturday. 

Good luck to both teams

We've played at other fields too, but not to accommodate a game specific time, only if there was Friday night conflict. EC had a choice between Saturday early evening or Friday night. They picked Friday night. 

Good luck to you guys too. 

26 minutes ago, jets said:

Good luck to both teams

At the end of the day (In my opinion) Friday nights > Saturday Nights. Good luck to the Raiders tomorrow!

39 minutes ago, Dawgs said:

East Central up 28-0 at half. Defense is too much for the Tigers so far. 

Rough..looks like EC will get their revenge from last year.

Still…really remarkable that Memorial played for a regional title considering how their season started. Nice season for the Tigers. 

28 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Can’t say much, just ran into a better team. Congratulations EC!

Unfortunately it happens -  great season, great program!  Your D did a nice job containing the explosive plays.  While the Trojans chunked the yardage they weren’t able to hit the home runs they had all season.  

Looking forward to the Rebels next week….

3 minutes ago, BL1985trojans said:

Unfortunately it happens -  great season, great program!  Your D did a nice job containing the explosive plays.  While the Trojans chunked the yardage they weren’t able to hit the home runs they had all season.  

Hey, hey, hey, be careful with the R word……

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BL1985trojans said:

Ringer is good as advertised, I’m surprised he hasn’t landed an offer yet

3 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Their D is good.  They held Mr. Football to his lowest total of the season so far.  

I believe I had them down averaging of 50 rushing yards allowed per game. We couldn’t find the necessary holes to go through, and if we did they would close the gap that fast. Roncalli will have their hands full, since EC would love some revenge from Week 9.

Congrats to both teams but as someone who still has Enlow PTSD was I mistaken in thinking there wasn’t a literal ocean of people in the Enlow stands like year’s past.

I, perhaps mistakenly, recall those stands as being full to the brim during the various whoopings my beloved Trojans were bestowed there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Congrats to both teams but as someone who still has Enlow PTSD was I mistaken in thinking there wasn’t a literal ocean of people in the Enlow stands like year’s past.

I, perhaps mistakenly, recall those stands as being full to the brim during the various whoopings my beloved Trojans were bestowed there.

I agree that our crowd was not up to par. It's a shame because our kids played with a lot of heart and battled a clearly superior opponent for 48 mins.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

I can recall some recent Memorial regional and semi state games where it was standing room only. Disappointing crowd for the Tigers.  

Congrats to the Tigers for a really good season.  It is a testament to how high the bar has been set by recent teams when a Regional appearance seems to be a bit of a let down for some.  Considering how the season began, IMO the Tigers did themselves proud getting to the Regional.  They just ran into a better team last night.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trojan12 said:

Hard fought game by both sides last night. I'm not sure when the last time EC has had a duo like Ringer and Brotherton. Also, this defense continues to be special. 

Congrats to Evansville Memorial on a heck of a season

You too, EC is loaded with playmakers, good luck on the rest of the season