Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Michiana Regionals

Not a lot of local flavor making it to the regional rounds this season but here are the matchups none-the-less.

5A #1 Snider (10-1) @ #4 Mishawaka (10-1): Battle between 2 teams that have occupied the top spot in 5A at some point this season. Snider comes in with a lot of momentum taking care of business against a real good North team. Mishawaka did what they were suppose to do in a pretty weak sectional. Gotta give Snider the love in this one as their SOS and resume' FAR exceeds that of the Cavemen.

4A Northridge (8-4) @ #6 New Prairie (11-1): Rematch of lasts years semi-state battle. Another crazy story line brewing in Middlebury as the Raiders take down an undefeated 2 years in a row. Where-as NP has DOMINATED in their march to a sectional title that many thought would be closer. Does Northridge have what it takes to get by a red hot Cougar squad with revenge on their minds? Lots of story lines coming out of this one and I honestly have no idea what to expect. But after seeing the way NP has handled it's last 4 opponents it's tough to bet against the Cougars at this point....But their appears to be some magic left in those Raiders...

3A #1 West Lafayette (12-0) @ Knox (9-3): Radtke gets a sectional title at a 5th different school, but his prize is a red devil juggernaut coming to Community Field. Knox has put together a solid campaign in 2022; the kind that was expected when Russ took over 3 years ago. But I cannot see the Redskins getting past this one. WL has been one of the best mid-sized publics the last 15 years. 

1A #4 North Judson (11-1) @ Park Tudor (9-3): NJ is darn close to being 12-0 in a TOUGH HNAC. Park Tudor comes in with an offense that can put points on the board but also gives up a ton on the other side of the ball. The Blue Jays shouldn't have a problem with the Panthers as they rolled through their sectional to get to this point. NJ should score on about every possession one would think. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, npcougar15 said:

Not a lot of local flavor making it to the regional rounds this season but here are the matchups none-the-less.

5A #1 Snider (10-1) @ #4 Mishawaka (10-1): Battle between 2 teams that have occupied the top spot in 5A at some point this season. Snider comes in with a lot of momentum taking care of business against a real good North team. Mishawaka did what they were suppose to do in a pretty weak sectional. Gotta give Snider the love in this one as their SOS and resume' FAR exceeds that of the Cavemen.

4A Northridge (8-4) @ #6 New Prairie (11-1): Rematch of lasts years semi-state battle. Another crazy story line brewing in Middlebury as the Raiders take down an undefeated 2 years in a row. Where-as NP has DOMINATED in their march to a sectional title that many thought would be closer. Does Northridge have what it takes to get by a red hot Cougar squad with revenge on their minds? Lots of story lines coming out of this one and I honestly have no idea what to expect. But after seeing the way NP has handled it's last 4 opponents it's tough to bet against the Cougars at this point....But their appears to be some magic left in those Raiders...

3A #1 West Lafayette (12-0) @ Knox (9-3): Radtke gets a sectional title at a 5th different school, but his prize is a red devil juggernaut coming to Community Field. Knox has put together a solid campaign in 2022; the kind that was expected when Russ took over 3 years ago. But I cannot see the Redskins getting past this one. WL has been one of the best mid-sized publics the last 15 years. 

1A #4 North Judson (11-1) @ Park Tudor (9-3): NJ is darn close to being 12-0 in a TOUGH HNAC. Park Tudor comes in with an offense that can put points on the board but also gives up a ton on the other side of the ball. The Blue Jays shouldn't have a problem with the Panthers as they rolled through their sectional to get to this point. NJ should score on about every possession one would think. 

Snider vs Mishawaka- Gotta think Snider takes care of business in this one. Great season by Mishawaka but believe snider is the better team. Snider by 14.

Northridge at New Prairie- northridge seems to be a team their best football in the playoffs recently. NP has been absolutely unstoppable the last 4 weeks. The loss last year to the raiders has not sat well with the Cougars. NP by 17

dont know much if anything about the the other games but I’ll take west Lafayette and North Judson 

9 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Will Snider be discipline enough to handle the Mishawaka offense?  Will they get frustrated or follow their assignments?

I would think if they stayed disciplined enough against North's two D1 recruits, they can compete against what Mishawaka can offer. North scored over 40 points in 7 of their games, didn't hit that mark on two games vs Snider combined. 

Will this be Sniders first trip to Mishawaka? When they played back to back years couple years back they were both in Fort Wayne.

Snider in a game that could go either way, I think the panthers get enough stops on defense to win in the 4th quarter 

New Prairie since they’re clicking on all cylinders 

West Side in a battle of two completely different styles of offense  

North Judson, but I don’t know Park Tudor except they used to be really good in tennis 

9 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Will this be Sniders first trip to Mishawaka? When they played back to back years couple years back they were both in Fort Wayne.

Snider in a game that could go either way, I think the panthers get enough stops on defense to win in the 4th quarter 

New Prairie since they’re clicking on all cylinders 

West Side in a battle of two completely different styles of offense  

North Judson, but I don’t know Park Tudor except they used to be really good in tennis 

I don't think the Mighty Panthers of Snider have been to the home of the Cavemen. 

23 hours ago, npcougar15 said:

Park Tudors has a strong red zone defense when they stuff 12 in the box. I swear to God they do!

6CEFFE4B-E0CF-4632-82D5-D36A6139B615.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Rocket said:

Does Northridge have a balanced attack or do they tend to favor one over the other?

Balanced, but definitely more passing this year than I can remember us doing. 

Qb has an arm and some really good WR that have been clutch. 

Still have a couple capable running backs as well, 1 that we got back from injury last week. 

16 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

How do you think New Prairie is different than last years team?

Honestly, I've been critical for the past 2.5 years of how conservative and the lack of creativity NP has been on the gridiron. We have been lucky to just have better players than the other team (majority of the time) to pull out victories. But a few times it has caught up to us in critical moments and bit us in the ass; Marian and Northridge last year and Penn this year. The last 4 games the coaches have opened up the play book, got more players involved, added more wrinkles, etc. and it has completely revitalized the team. We have a lot of different players that can make plays in different ways. We beat Lowell a completely different way than Hobart. This is arguably the most complete team NP has ever had, it's really been a treat to watch the last 4 weeks. I just hope we keep it going this Friday and don't get too tense and scared to make mistakes.

Looks like WHME and likely other PBS channels in the state, will no longer be able to broadcast the State Finals for any high school sports. Disappointing for TV viewers, loved watching the football and basketball finals every year on TV

Unfortunately, WHME TV-46 no longer has the rights to show IHSAA State Finals in any sport. The IHSAA has sold those rights exclusively to Bally Sports. Viewers in our area have to use the Bally Sports Plus app or http://IHSAAtv.org to view IHSAA State Finals contests. (1/2)
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, psaboy said:
Looks like WHME and likely other PBS channels in the state, will no longer be able to broadcast the State Finals for any high school sports. Disappointing for TV viewers, loved watching the football and basketball finals every year on TV

Unfortunately, WHME TV-46 no longer has the rights to show IHSAA State Finals in any sport. The IHSAA has sold those rights exclusively to Bally Sports. Viewers in our area have to use the Bally Sports Plus app or http://IHSAAtv.org to view IHSAA State Finals contests. (1/2)

Ah, for the days when everything from basketball sectional championship games through the Semi State and Final 4 games were televised on free television.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Ah, for the days when everything from basketball sectional championship games through the Semi State and Final 4 games were televised on free television.

Yes, I know things change, but it is not always for the better. I'm sure there is a reason why, I'm betting $$$

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 1:12 PM, WestfieldRocks said:

No PBS stations aired finals.  WHME was a legacy issue that was curtailed by bally this year.   It has aired on Bally/Fox for the last 9 years.

• Disdain 2