Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Merrillville at Valpo

1 hour ago, DAC Life said:

Valpo is one dimensional, and have great size up front, and their QB reads the run well. They are disciplined. Merrillville can run and pass, their QB let one completion fly 60 yds in the air vs Chesterton. It will bode well for Valpo to score first, and the secondary will have its hands full in their zone coverage, especially if they dont keep the game in front of them. I like Merrillville's chances, with their big play potential, but they have to play disciplined ball, regardless of where the game is played, or whatever Cody's " Officiating history" comment means. Sad to hear a Merrillville OL decided to let the team down at half time of the Chesterton game, while it was tied at 7's, apparently it had a significant impact in the unwillingness of Merrillville to score in the 2nd half. Unsure why Cody has to offer unnecessary information regarding game specifics, was some rain in 4th qtr, not much wind, didnt bother Chesterton much, and they didnt bother with any slants or screens. What high school team doesnt watch upcoming game film? It's all on HUDL, and coaches can see how often their players view it.....and I agrree, the overall culture of a program is in jeopardy if starters are walking off at halftime and players admit in public that they dont watch film. Perhaps I dont like Merrillville's chances.

Me saying they haven’t watched film came from the seniors themselves live on a radio interview. Not from me. 🤷🏻‍♂️ And according to everyone I talked to at the game they said the wind was high the entire game and it was raining most the game. Radio broadcast on ihsaatv said it was raining in 1st qtr

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

You were doing so well, until …

In sports of  football and basketball if the game is at Valpo (most the DAC will admit) the flags favor the home team quite a bit. Or the fouls in basketball. 

but when they come to us it’s closer to even. But as you see above we had them at home earlier this year and it wasn’t even close to even. We had many long plays called back for “holding” which there is holding every play somewhere!! But if you look back in history most the time we go to Valpo it’s not even close on fouls/flags/penalties. And they are the only place it happens and is that bad 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

there is holding every play somewhere!

Kill me now.

So, if I get what you are saying, the fact that Merrillville’s foul count is significantly greater than Valpo’s in games played at Valpo means …. what? Can you spit it out in unambiguous language? Don’t dance around it. If you’ve got an accusation, sack up and come out with it.

Edited by Bobref

26 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Me saying they haven’t watched film came from the seniors themselves live on a radio interview. 

They don't watch film because they choose not to? Or they don't watch film because it's not something the coaches require of the team?

25 minutes ago, BTF said:

They don't watch film because they choose not to? Or they don't watch film because it's not something the coaches require of the team?

Why would they not watch film or study upcoming opponent. I guess it is the culture there?? We have D1 players all over the place and we will win regardless???

52 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Kill me now.

So, if I get what you are saying, the fact that Merrillville’s foul count is significantly greater than Valpo’s in games played at Valpo means …. what? Can you spit it out in unambiguous language? Don’t dance around it. If you’ve got an accusation, sack up and come out with it.

And away we go!!!😱

33 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Why would they not watch film or study upcoming opponent. I guess it is the culture there?? We have D1 players all over the place and we will win regardless???

It's all hearsay. 

11 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

In sports of  football and basketball if the game is at Valpo (most the DAC will admit) the flags favor the home team quite a bit. Or the fouls in basketball. 

but when they come to us it’s closer to even.

Do you have any idea how officials are assigned to DAC games? Do you think Valpo is picking their own officiating crews when Merrillville comes to town? They’re not. 

58 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Do you have any idea how officials are assigned to DAC games? Do you think Valpo is picking their own officiating crews when Merrillville comes to town? They’re not. 

That's what I heard!

In my best @Donnie Bakervoice, "I gotta go." 😃

• Haha 2

I have a feeling the much anticipated Merrillville/Snider game will turn into a bust. Maybe we're foolishly putting too much stock into Cody's ramblings, but something seems off in Pirate land. We've seen Snider punched in the face multiple times this year and responded with a W. Most recently last week when a very talented North team had them on the ropes in the 2nd half. Snider responded by taking that game over in crunchtime. 

Merrillville has received 2 solid punches and both times they fell apart like a wet paper bag. This kind of reminds me of East Central vs. Evansville Central in 2017. SIAC fans thought Central was too cocky, mentally weak, and would fall apart when East Central hit them in the mouth, which did happen. I'm starting to get the feeling that Snider will curb stomp Merrillville because the Pirates fall apart mentally once Snider hits them in the mouth. Or, Cody could be completelly uninformed and the Pirates roll to a 5A Title win 🤷‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

I never said they were. But merrillville/Michigan city have the same complaint when we go to there place. In all sports. You have to be there to see it. Heck 4 years ago a play made the national news in football and a few years before that in basketball where merrillville got robbed by a bad call. I believe they both are on YouTube. I know the basketball one is. And football it was the year we went to semistate against Carmel 

42 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I have a feeling the much anticipated Merrillville/Snider game will turn into a bust. Maybe we're foolishly putting too much stock into Cody's ramblings, but something seems off in Pirate land. We've seen Snider punched in the face multiple times this year and responded with a W. Most recently last week when a very talented North team had them on the ropes in the 2nd half. Snider responded by taking that game over in crunchtime. 

Merrillville has received 2 solid punches and both times they fell apart like a wet paper bag. This kind of reminds me of East Central vs. Evansville Central in 2017. SIAC fans thought Central was too cocky, mentally weak, and would fall apart when East Central hit them in the mouth, which did happen. I'm starting to get the feeling that Snider will curb stomp Merrillville because the Pirates fall apart mentally once Snider hits them in the mouth. Or, Cody could be completelly uninformed and the Pirates roll to a 5A Title win 🤷‍♂️ 

😉 we can go round and round about the loss to CP we were missing a key piece of the staff. And a player. But a loss is a loss, and you mean Mishawaka right? Not snider lol 😝 

35 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

never said they were. But merrillville/Michigan city have the same complaint when we go to there place. In all sports. You have to be there to see it. Heck 4 years ago a play made the national news in football and a few years before that in basketball where merrillville got robbed by a bad call. I believe they both are on YouTube. I know the basketball one is. And football it was the year we went to semistate against Carmel 

And just why is it, you think, that the officials favor Valpo over other Duneland teams?

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

If Merrillville plays Snider they're gonna get waxed. 

15 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

That boy named Cody needs a mentor, I swear to God he does. I nominate Bobrefs. He’s kinda like O”9er only with a 5th grade diploma. I gotta go 

If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve. 😂

• Haha 2