Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Is your school open for business on Saturday?

35 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I know a novel idea that teenagers might horseplay without knowing dangers.

Not if they have been raised correctly.

36 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Why do you feel extra-curricular activities should not exist at public school?

Because it is extra, not the core mission of a government school.  All of those activities could exist, and thrive, under a private club model.

8 minutes ago, Rodney said:

This whole argument reeks of someone who just recently learned what libertarianism is last week.

Sounds like you, Rodney.   I've been a libertarian (not a member of the Libertarian political party, btw)  for 30+ years.  Try again.

• Kill me now 1

2 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Schools like Center Grove desire to be called a "Blue Blood" program when they are not.  You are not upon apart of the stature of IHSAA's lore with only one coaches success as with Eric Moore.  CG is definitely in a position to gain that access, but without the longevity outside of one coaches reign, you cannot say you belong.

Their Junior Trojan program shows great promise, there is plenty of strong years to come from the CG program.  However, program transcendence shows true prestige.  

Did you think you were accomplishing something with this post or are you just being a douche?

• Like 3
  • Kill me now 1

On 11/10/2022 at 2:35 PM, Muda69 said:

No, I don't believe we can agree on that.  There are myriad other options besides sports that can teach children valuable lessons.far 

So the government high school weight room is opened up on Saturday morning and supervised by the children?

I lived in two/three countries with far less organized high school systems.  Be careful what you wish for.   Oh, but their pro leagues have systems of promotion and relegation.  

Edited by Robert

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Just to reiterate. This topic was meant to draw attention to the overall culture at Center Grove.............all atheletes, all sports. Personally? I'd be surprised to see football players in there on a Saturday morning pumping iron. But I don't know since I'm not an expert on the topic. All I know is that their weight room was packed on a recent Saturday morning. If your competitors (all sports) are lifting weights on a Saturday morning, you may want to do the same.

Our strength coach is Marty Mills.  https://www.instagram.com/martymillsrkc/  I think he's the best in the business.  He trains athletes from all CG sports (my football playing son and my cheerleading daughter both trained with him) and also fat old farts like me.  You can see more about his business here:  https://schoolofstrength.com/

Coach Moore's Power Club for younger kids builds athleticism and prepares kids for strength training.  

Schools like Center Grove desire to be called a "Blue Blood" program when they are not.  You are not upon apart of the stature of IHSAA's lore with only one coaches success as with Eric Moore.  CG is definitely in a position to gain that access, but without the longevity outside of one coaches reign, you cannot say you belong.

Their Junior Trojan program shows great promise, there is plenty of strong years to come from the CG program.  However, program transcendence shows true prestige.  

There was a topic devoted to this very topic about a year ago. I think at the conclusion it was decided that 20 years of sustained success at a very high level was one qualification to get you in the door. Center Grove is right there. 

On another note, Center Grove may not even care if they are a part of the club or not. They're too busy enjoying recent success. 

1 minute ago, Grover said:

Our strength coach is Marty Mills.  https://www.instagram.com/martymillsrkc/  I think he's the best in the business.  He trains athletes from all CG sports (my football playing son and my cheerleading daughter both trained with him) and also fat old farts like me.  You can see more about his business here:  https://schoolofstrength.com/

Coach Moore's Power Club for younger kids builds athleticism and prepares kids for strength training.  

Thanks for the links. 

You must know Coach Griffin

I do not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

This whole argument reeks of someone who just recently learned what libertarianism is last week.

He has consistently expressed opposition to private sports ventures for children also, so I don't think you can call it anything close to Libertarian. Let's just say he's anti-sports(except soccer) and leave it at that.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

He has consistently expressed opposition to private sports ventures for children also, so I don't think you can call it anything close to Libertarian. Let's just say he's anti-sports(except soccer) and leave it at that.

no he definitely isn't a libertarian, I just get the impression he opened to a random page in a libertarian text, couldn't fully understand what was written, and so he chose to latch on to what he knew he could complain about, and so now its just ra ra my tax dollas, gubment bad.

Ignoring all of the potential benefits to not only the student athletes, but to the communities as a whole, and by extension society as a whole when those student athletes become properly functioning adults down the road.

2 minutes ago, Grover said:

No hurt feelings.  Just curious what your motivation was.

I apologize, I should have clarified prior. I was simply stating that I think CG is a tremendous program and they are on the precipitous of becoming a part of that class.  However, once Coach Moore is gone, it's going to be interesting how the base follows through.  

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

no he definitely isn't a libertarian, I just get the impression he opened to a random page in a libertarian text, couldn't fully understand what was written, and so he chose to latch on to what he knew he could complain about, and so now its just ra ra my tax dollas, gubment bad.

Ignoring all of the potential benefits to not only the student athletes, but to the communities as a whole, and by extension society as a whole when those student athletes become properly functioning adults down the road.

And yet he has the audacity to call you ignorant. 

13 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

I apologize, I should have clarified prior. I was simply stating that I think CG is a tremendous program and they are on the precipitous of becoming a part of that class.  However, once Coach Moore is gone, it's going to be interesting how the base follows through.  

That’s not what you said.

• Kill me now 1

15 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Links please.

15 hours ago, Rodney said:

no he definitely isn't a libertarian,

What exactly is your definition of a "small-l" libertarian?  The libertarian opposition to government funded primary & secondary education is well established.

Edited by Muda69

On 11/11/2022 at 12:41 PM, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Not elite huh?

4 straight 6A state finals. 6 of last 8 years. 

BTW, Junior Trojan program shows great promise?  Do you know how many IEFA state championships that program has won?

Congrats on a nice season!! 

10 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Not elite huh?

4 straight 6A state finals. 6 of last 8 years. 

BTW, Junior Trojan program shows great promise?  Do you know how many IEFA state championships that program has won?

Congrats on a nice season!! 

First off, you can stop paraphrasing what I said.  I said CG is not apart of the Blue Blood programs in this state.  A blue blood is a long standing elite program.  I am sorry but 20 years is not long standing!  

BTW, nice pixelated JPEG you have going on there.  What are you, a boomer trying to stay relevant?

Edited by IndplsCathedral_Dad
FACTS
  • Disdain 1

22 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

First off, you can stop paraphrasing what I said.  I said CG is not apart of the Blue Blood programs in this state.  A blue blood is a long standing elite program.  I am sorry but 20 years is not long standing!  

BTW, nice pixelated JPEG you have going on there.  What are you, a boomer trying to stay relevant?

Loser.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Rodney said:

his whole post reads as

"I SCREAM MY OWN NAME DURING COITUS"

What adult human being with the word “dad” in his screen name (meaning he has children of his own) gets on a high school message board and attempts to take a dump on a group of 15 to 18 year old kids hours after their biggest win of the year and possibly their greatest athletic accomplishment of their lifetime?

Yeah, I said it.  

Loser.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Didn’t paraphrase a word. Your comment is out there for all to see.

Making fun of my profile pic. That’s the best you got?  Game, set, match. 

Jealousy is unbecoming dude. Your candle doesn’t burn brighter attempting to blow out the flame of others….

On 11/11/2022 at 12:41 PM, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Yea, I don’t even know what most of that shit means, the bottom line is, you’re turning your shit in on Monday, and Center Grove is responsible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1