Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Owen Valley vs Monrovia

Here is the link to the changed URL link. Made some changes to the video. Not sure the #7 is the right one yet but don’t ever play Monrovia so not sure on uniforms so just going by google. 

You can hate all you want on the video but at least we are trying to hype up the game and put things together for the kids. 

On 11/10/2022 at 8:53 AM, Patriot Nation said:

Here is the link to the changed URL link. Made some changes to the video. Not sure the #7 is the right one yet but don’t ever play Monrovia so not sure on uniforms so just going by google. 

You can hate all you want on the video but at least we are trying to hype up the game and put things together for the kids. 

No hate on the video, it is a good one. I love it, just pointed out the discrepency of the last image for Monrovia.   I am all for anything and everything done for the team.

and the most revent video posted, has the correct #7 on it.  Great job on the video

What a shocker...Monrovia scores late with just under 2 min to go for the lead...which still left plenty of time for the high powered OV offense to respond.  OV actually got a great return to the Bulldog 35 off the squib kick and looked primed to pull off one final TD...but turned it over on downs.  Heartbreaking for OV with an opportunity for a regional title on their home turf. 

7 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

What a shocker...Monrovia scores late with just under 2 min to go for the lead...which still left plenty of time for the high powered OV offense to respond.  OV actually got a great return to the Bulldog 35 off the squib kick and looked primed to pull off one final TD...but turned it over on downs.  Heartbreaking for OV with an opportunity for a regional title on their home turf. 

And on the other side of that, Monrovia played great, their defense gave up yards between the 20's but really played well inside the 20 holding OV to 3 scores, the goal line stance at the end of the 1st half was huge for Monrovia and of course the one to end the game. When you play a great offense like OV you're gonna give up some plays at times which Monrovia did but their defense was really good once inside the 20. Bravo to the Bulldog's! Happy to see titles being won again in Monrovia! Espacially at the 3A level..

• Like 2

Kudos to Monrovia for coming into our house with a game plan and executing it to perfection. They ran the ball straight down our throat and made the big plays when they needed them all night. Owen Valley didn't make the adjustments and straight up got out coached and out played. Good luck at semi state Bulldogs! Bring it home

On a side note, we need to get replays brought into the game during the playoffs. There's been several calls throughout the postseason that deserved a second look because the refs blew the call. I'm talking blatant horrible calls/no calls.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I don’t follow much about Monrovia. So can somebody explain to me how they went 2-7 in the regular season but are now playing for a semi-state title next week?

"Indiana has a flawed tournament that allows such a travesty to happen."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

"Indiana has a flawed tournament that allows such a travesty to happen."

We’ve already discussed that to death. While the IHSAA has allowed for a team like Monrovia to make a run, Monrovia still had to make it happen on the field. I’m asking how. Did they get hot at the right time? Did they get healthy? Were the match-ups advantageous to their style of play?

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

We’ve already discussed that to death. While the IHSAA has allowed for a team like Monrovia to make a run, Monrovia still had to make it happen on the field. I’m asking how. Did they get hot at the right time? Did they get healthy? Were the match-ups advantageous to their style of play?

I don't think teams like Gibson Southern and OV were that great this year and Monrovia played some good teams during the regular season, like Lutheran.  Monrovia probably got healthy.  Lutheran beat Monrovia 52-14 during the regular season.

Monrovia plays in the ICC, a VERY tough conference, (Lutheran, Triton Central, Secina, Speedway, even Casacde was much improved this year, also played Linton) Playing teams like those when healthy is difficult let alone when dealing with injuries, Monrovia got healthy at tournament time and are playing like we thought they could, also Danville and Owen Valley im pretty sure are not familiar with playing the style Monrovia does, its hard to stop even when you've played against it alot, ask Mater Dei about that. Not the first time a team has gotten hot a tourney time when it counts most.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I don’t follow much about Monrovia. So can somebody explain to me how they went 2-7 in the regular season but are now playing for a semi-state title next week?

How about we found the right formula for our team to succeed,  got a bit more healthy than what we were. And our offensive scheme is not something most teams see.  And our defense has been playing alot better, since we have started 2 Freshmen and Sophomore at LB all season. Including another Freshman on the Line.

WHY NOT US?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WCGrad92 said:

How about we found the right formula for our team to succeed,  got a bit more healthy than what we were. And our offensive scheme is not something most teams see.  And our defense has been playing alot better, since we have started 2 Freshmen and Sophomore at LB all season. Including another Freshman on the Line.

WHY NOT US?

Hope you guys make it to LOS.

On 11/12/2022 at 10:35 PM, Tippy said:

I don't think teams like Gibson Southern and OV were that great this year and Monrovia played some good teams during the regular season, like Lutheran.  Monrovia probably got healthy.  Lutheran beat Monrovia 52-14 during the regular season.

GS was really beat up too...second of the OV game was trying to play with two injured offensive lineman and a LB went out with concussion.  Timing is everything...such is the playoffs.

Edited by Titan32