Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MD vs Linton

5 hours ago, jets said:

Stated it earlier in this thread - but eventually the Miners will have to figure out the "MD Curse/Spell" or whatever it is you want to call it that they've had over them since our Sectional 40 days. 

Totally a shot out of left field as I haven't seen much of these 2 teams , but law of averages says Linton should eventually when one of these. Plus I don't think MD is what they were last year. Give me Linton by 2 scores. 

With that train of thout... never play Black Jack or Roulette.... Yes... it can hit Black.. and jus keep hitting it..over n over.... u pound a winning streak... n take a RR break when it cold.... jus saying....

43 minutes ago, tango said:

No first downs for Linton so far. Congrats MD. Back to back appearances at state is not easy to do.

I apologize. I have too many games going and thought this one was in the 3Q. Linton is not out of this. yet...

Edited by tango

3 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Md jump out to a big lead, but Linton hangs four touchdowns and outscores MD the rest of the game.  be interesting to see if they can slow down andrean

At what point did they outscore MD the rest of the way? I think it’s safe to say this one was over early in the second half

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tango said:

Slugging out a 4A/5A schedule makes a huge difference come November. 

Yes it does. We were basically 3rd and goal from just outside the 5 (we could have gotten a first down inside the 1) and if we punch it in it’s a running clock against the #1 ranked team in 2a. You can’t tell me getting beat on every week by the likes of Memorial, Castle, North, Jasper, Vincennes Lincoln and Reitz doesn’t make a huge difference in games like this. 

This game did not go the way many thought it would.  While I expected - hoped for -  a MD victory, I never thought MD would put up 24 pts before LS has its first 1st Down.  Best offensive half this year, IMO.   MD scored on every possession.

One often overlooked aspect of the high school game is the kicking game.  IMO, a good kicking game can such be a BIG factor in high school.  The Marx kid put every KO inside the 5 with lots of height so kick coverage could easily get down the field.  The Miners' BEST starting field position in the first half was the 20 yd line on a touchback. 

Coach Knight's defensive plan worked really well too.  The MD Defense completely stifled the LS offense for most of the first half. The Miners only had 1-2 first downs when Gennics took it to the house from about 70 yds.   LS made a run, closing to 31 - 16 at half but that was as close as it would get.  The curse lives on for at least one more year...

Edited by MDAlum82

2 hours ago, fartfry18 said:

But they did contend for a pretend semi state title this past weekend! How did your game turn out @Thornton Melon?

only respect!  did castle or md face athletes or coaching anywhere else like this?  They are smart, took expereinces and made it positive.  everyone likes an underdog on a post season run.  its nice to see others fans enjoy it.