Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MD vs Linton

Well....I was dead wrong on this one. Congrats to MD on a return trip to LOS (remind me again, HOW have they never been moved up due to SF?? )

Congrats to the Miners on a great season - future looks bright - lots of young kids out there playing last night. 

Just now, jets said:

Well....I was dead wrong on this one. Congrats to MD on a return trip to LOS (remind me again, HOW have they never been moved up due to SF?? )

Congrats to the Miners on a great season - future looks bright - lots of young kids out there playing last night. 

2 scenarios here…

1. If md wins state and the sectional next year they will be moved up the following year. 
2. If md loses state they would have to win the regional to be moved up to 3a the following year

4 hours ago, BigCatFootball said:

2 scenarios here…

1. If md wins state and the sectional next year they will be moved up the following year. 
2. If md loses state they would have to win the regional to be moved up to 3a the following year

Unless this has changed, it's either:

1. Win State, and at least a regional.

or

2. Back to back state appearances 

1 pt for Sectional

2 pts for Regional

3 pts for Semi-State

4 pts for State

Q

4 minutes ago, miner_35 said:

Unless this has changed, it's either:

1. Win State, and at least a regional.

or

2. Back to back state appearances 

1 pt for Sectional

2 pts for Regional

3 pts for Semi-State

4 pts for State

Yes. 1 point for each postseason championship won.  6 points in a two year cycle = bump

Edited by hick

54 minutes ago, BigCatFootball said:

Also went to Holy Redeemer which is a MD feder school

I’m ok with it. 100%.  Guessing by the fact he went 3 years to Thompkins and 3 years at Central that kinda negates his elementary school experiences.  😂

20 hours ago, jets said:

Not because of the Success Factor 

The reality is Mater Dei has been fortunate in the timing of most of their deep runs.  Last year was year 2 of previous SF cycle and this is year 1 of new 2-year cycle.  They finished with 5 pts, 1 shy of 6 needed to be bumped  up to 3A. This has happened a couple of times since the SF was implemented.  fwiw, many see next year to be a bit of a "rebuilding" year so uncertain what to expect.  Lots of talk about current frosh and 8th grade teams as next back to back classes with a good deal of football talent from what I have heard.  Time will tell.

15 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

The reality is Mater Dei has been fortunate in the timing of most of their deep runs.  Last year was year 2 of previous SF cycle and this is year 1 of new 2-year cycle.  They finished with 5 pts, 1 shy of 6 needed to be bumped  up to 3A. This has happened a couple of times since the SF was implemented.  fwiw, many see next year to be a bit of a "rebuilding" year so uncertain what to expect.  Lots of talk about current frosh and 8th grade teams as next back to back classes with a good deal of football talent from what I have heard.  Time will tell.

Trust me - we know how the SF works. 

Good luck this weekend. 

34 minutes ago, Bigsky said:

With open enrollment when will losers quit crying this excuse for thier team not performing well

Well, open enrollment does not equal immediate eligibility for public schools. I think people would prefer things be equal if they are competing together. It doesn't seem that ridiculous.