Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider vs Valpo

I'll take Snider by 21. Huge credit to Bill Marshall and his team for getting to this point because during the summer the rumblings were that Valpo was going to be down quite a bit this year. They've taken their lumps and gotten a lot better but I don't see a way they win this game. 

On 11/12/2022 at 11:47 PM, Komets2727 said:

Also, I would say Snider was a big favorite against Laporte in 2014 and got absolutely waxed 35-7… 

Valpo doesn't have Charles Salary (great RB at LaPorte and Marian U) or a long time HC eyeing his final shot at a State Final's appearance. The stars aligned for the Slicers in 2014. Snider is fine this year if they just show up and play their game. Valpo doesn't have enough offensive talent to win a shootout. The fact Valpo is still alive is a testament to how well Marshall is coaching them and they were fortunate enough to only have Duneland opponens on their playoff schedule up to this point. I think the run ends Friday night at Northrop.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Valpo doesn't have Charles Salary (great RB at LaPorte and Marian U) or a long time HC eyeing his final shot at a State Final's appearance. The stars aligned for the Slicers in 2014. Snider is fine this year if they just show up and play their game. Valpo doesn't have enough offensive talent to win a shootout. The fact Valpo is still alive is a testament to how well Marshall is coaching them and they were fortunate enough to only have Duneland opponens on their playoff schedule up to this point. I think the run ends Friday night at Northrop.

Can we agree that Valpo beat a very good football team on Friday? Or is this Merrillville not the same version of two years prior?

Tell me more about the Slicers in 2014. No one in panther land saw that one coming. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Can we agree that Valpo beat a very good football team on Friday? Or is this Merrillville not the same version of two years prior?

Tell me more about the Slicers in 2014. No one in panther land saw that one coming. 

The Ville wasn't anywhere close to what they were the past two years, but they were still solid. Valpo lured the Pirates into playing a slow defensive battle that played right into the Vikings' hands.   

As for LaPorte in 2014, Boilernation pretty much summed it up: A team with a great running back and a wily old coach in his last run got hot at the right time. The DAC was also almost exclusively a 6A conference at that point so the Slicers were used to playing up in terms of competition. Add in the fact that they were playing for a fallen teammate that year and you have the right cocktail of motivation and players for a surprise run. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Boilernation said:

There is no doubt in my mind that Snider should beat Valpo, but Snider fans are use to seeing some clunkers from the Panthers over the years. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 11:47 PM, Komets2727 said:

Also, I would say Snider was a big favorite against Laporte in 2014 and got absolutely waxed 35-7… 

Still irrelevant.

4 hours ago, scarab527 said:

I'll take Snider by 21. Huge credit to Bill Marshall and his team for getting to this point because during the summer the rumblings were that Valpo was going to be down quite a bit this year. They've taken their lumps and gotten a lot better but I don't see a way they win this game. 

Anybody got time to dig up @Piratefan101's receipts about Valpo from the preseason?

5 hours ago, Boilernation said:

WOAH THROWING SOME SHADE AT THE PREMIERE 5A FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

16 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Valpo got back their rb1 this past week didnt they? Was he out for most the year? Watching film these teams mirror each other a little bit..he even wears #9 like rb1 from Snider 

Yes they did. He was a big difference maker this last week, he really ran hard and willed Valpo’s offense to respectability. He’s 220 pounds and built like a brick house. 

23 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Games in Fort Wayne ,Thats one hell of a long bus ride from Valpo .  Snider by 28+

Somebody forgot to tell Mater Dei and Lawrenceburg about the long bus rides last weekend huh?

I too like Snider but the 2 hours bus ride has nothing to do with it.

Edited by temptation

Snider 35 - Valpo 14 - This is absolutely a game Snider should win handily, having said that, I always try and remember that this is game that is played by teenagers and anything can happen. Snider has a much better offense, a better defense, and a couple game breakers also. Truthfully, having watched some video on Valpo, they remind me a bit of Dwenger, maybe better, but a similar team. 

I just don’t see Valpo being able to stop Snider’s offense and not sure how they are going to score enough to keep up with the Panthers. No sandbagging here, Panthers win comfortably 

Spuller Stadium sports one of the nicer visiting side accommodations in the state. Ample parking, 2500 seats, and concessions and restrooms on the 50 yard line. Just sayin for anyone along US 30 looking for a good game to go to. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, temptation said:

Somebody forgot to tell Mater Dei and Lawrenceburg about the long bus rides last weekend huh?

I too like Snider but the 2 hours bus ride has nothing to do with it.

Your basing this off of a couple games? I'm basing this off the (Semistate) level when both teams are more evenly matched than say the Sectional or Regional and  I'm going back over 40 years . The team that travels 1 1/2 to 2 hrs on a bus For a SEMISTATE game has lost way more times than the home team . 

16 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Your basing this off of a couple games? I'm basing this off the (Semistate) level when both teams are more evenly matched than say the Sectional or Regional and  I'm going back over 40 years . The team that travels 1 1/2 to 2 hrs on a bus For a SEMISTATE game has lost way more times than the home team . 

Obviously with such a bold statement, you've got data to back it up.

Mind sharing your 40 year old spreadsheet?

21 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Obviously with such a bold statement, you've got data to back it up.

Mind sharing your 40 year old spreadsheet?

You’re asking the wrong question. Home teams have an advantage. Doesn’t matter whether the visitors travel 15 minutes or 2 hrs. The question is whether the advantage increases with travel time. Got any data on that?

40 minutes ago, Bobref said:

You’re asking the wrong question. Home teams have an advantage. Doesn’t matter whether the visitors travel 15 minutes or 2 hrs. The question is whether the advantage increases with travel time. Got any data on that?

Asking the wrong guy.  

@GOLDRUSH1985, you're on the clock.

• Like 1