Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A semistate Center Grove at Cathedral (at Arlington) 11/18 @ 7PM

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

Of note, Cathedral winning a regional ensures it will be in 6A in 2024 & 2025. 

I don't think Cathedral coaches or players care if it does or doesn't. Its usually other teams players, coaches, and fan base that put so much stock into this from observation.

Edited by FastpacedO

19 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I don't think Cathedral coaches or players care if it does or doesn't. Its usually other teams players, coaches, and fan base that put so much stock into this from observation.

Not sure anyone else really cares either. The chips fall where they fall. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Not sure anyone else really cares either. The chips fall where they fall. 

From past statements, comments, etc. They care, they may not want to say too much for image purposes. But they care and keep it somewhat lowkey regardless of the chips fall where they fall statement.

13 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Honestly, Cathedral doesn't care, but their placement does affect other schools who might be in Class 5A (or 4A). 

2 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Honestly, Cathedral doesn't care, but their placement does affect other schools who might be in Class 5A (or 4A). 

It was nothing personal towards you @crimsonace1 nor New Pal. Knowing Coach Ralph (who played at a Private Catholic HS St. Xavier Cincy OH. He doesn't put stock in that and is of the mindset get better. Not all  are the same though.

11 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

It was nothing personal towards you @crimsonace1 nor New Pal. Knowing Coach Ralph (who played at a Private Catholic HS St. Xavier Cincy OH. He doesn't put stock in that and is of the mindset get better. Not all  are the same though.

Fully understood - New Pal will play anybody anywhere, too (as evidenced by scheduling Center Grove & Westfield) and expect to win every Friday night. But as someone who is interested in class alignments and who gets the Success Factor bump, that was just something I found intriguing. Cathedral has proven it can compete and win at a 6A level (just as New Pal proved pretty well it can compete at the 5A level, especially as evidenced by 3 State Finals appearances in the eight years it was in the class). 

This will be a dynamite game this week. 

13 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

In all honesty if the IHSAA did step in, I would play it at U of I since the complaint is venue accommodations. Since it is a College and not a Middle School should have plenty of visiting seating right? right?

The problem with UIndy is needing to put high school hashmarks and goalposts on the field. I know other tourney games have been held there (especially Scecina hosting a few games there), but it's not a great spot. The visiting side is also *very* small (and much smaller than Tech's). 

Cathedral has hosted games at North Central, too, which also has plenty of accommodations for a large crowd (and a better press box). But Tech is a good stadium and much more centrally-located. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

The problem with UIndy is needing to put high school hashmarks and goalposts on the field. I know other tourney games have been held there (especially Scecina hosting a few games there), but it's not a great spot. The visiting side is also *very* small (and much smaller than Tech's). 

Cathedral has hosted games at North Central, too, which also has plenty of accommodations for a large crowd (and a better press box). But Tech is a good stadium and much more centrally-located. 

UIndy has also been the host site between Cathedral and Evansville Reitz in Semi-State (circa 2007 35-34 victory for Ev. Reitz). It was a tongue in cheek statement because it has been mentioned Arlington is a Middle School (even though it has only been a middle school for about 5 years while it spent 57 years as a High School) and the venue seating capacity because it is a Middle School (even though it seats double what University of Indianapolis does on the visitor side). In all reality the true reason it is being changed (if it is) is because it is a natural grass field and not Field turf.

And yes Arsenal Tech is a beautiful stadium to host the Semi-State. I am sure other schools wouldn't be too keen on switching from where they play their homefield games, Cathedral has played a lot of home games (regular season and post season) at Arlington (then High School now Middle School).

Edited by FastpacedO

39 minutes ago, temptation said:

Queue @Footballking16throwing shade if true.

Doesn't affect me, don't have to worry about parking as I can walk from the office. Tech has same venue constraints as Arlington does (no visiting side concessions or bathrooms) but it's a field turf so there won't (shouldn't be at least) any complaints from the CG faithful as we know that's the root of the issue. Will be interesting to see how many show on the visiting side this go around. Visiting stands weren't even half full last time the Trojans played at Tech. 

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

I was just told that this game will be played at Tech.

I am not surprised by the move.  We had home games for regional and semi-state last year, New Pal (regional) was at Tech and New Albany (semi-state) at U of Indy.  I guess the snow and low temps this week will make our natural grass turn to concrete!