Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A South Semi-State - Lawrenceburg vs Monrovia

1 hour ago, StinkTownClown said:

Stinky, Stink, Stink 1.2..3...

Let's hear some thoughts on this Semi-State Game please.

The Crew and I just got back to the shop, so you know we're ready to pop!

Tiger BL's and Lattes it will be, man we're looking forward to another Friday!

Monrovia (6-7) at Lawrenceburg (12-1)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Neary Field.
COACHES: Andy Olson, 15-19 in 3rd year at Monrovia. Ryan Knigga, 111-36 in 12th year at Lawrenceburg.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Lawrenceburg, 81.73, 27th overall, 3rd in 3A. Monrovia, 50.94, 135th overall, 28th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Monrovia defeated Owen Valley, 26-21. Lawrenceburg defeated Southridge, 31-7.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Monrovia 91-56. Lawrenceburg 73-62.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: No meetings.
jh PREDICTION: Lawrenceburg, 45-7.
Just now, Red Devil said:
Monrovia (6-7) at Lawrenceburg (12-1)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Neary Field.
COACHES: Andy Olson, 15-19 in 3rd year at Monrovia. Ryan Knigga, 111-36 in 12th year at Lawrenceburg.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Lawrenceburg, 81.73, 27th overall, 3rd in 3A. Monrovia, 50.94, 135th overall, 28th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Monrovia defeated Owen Valley, 26-21. Lawrenceburg defeated Southridge, 31-7.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Monrovia 91-56. Lawrenceburg 73-62.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: No meetings.
jh PREDICTION: Lawrenceburg, 45-7.

Monrovia must have had some injuries early in the season and got healthy at the right time

5 minutes ago, Tippy said:

It's the end of the line for Monrovia.  Lawrenceburg has only given up 6 td's in the last 12 games.  Can Lawrenceburg beat West Lafayette at state?  Can they beat Chatard?

Hard to tell with no common opponents. East central did score 38 against lawrenceburg

1 hour ago, Red Devil said:

Hard to tell with no common opponents. East central did score 38 against Lawrenceburg

Yeah, I know they beat them 38-3.  That's why I think WL or Chatard could beat Lawrenceburg.  WL and Chatard are not as good as East Central, but they don't have to be as good as East Central to beat Lawrenceburg by a point and win state.  I don't really care to see WL win state, but I wouldn't mind if Lawrenceburg won state.

2 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

would you mind if Monrovia did what everything thinks they cannot, Every week its  well its over for Monrovia.  And it may well be, but....

WHY NOT US?

I think Monrovia has a great story this year.  What would you say it was that helped them go from 2-7 to regional champs?  

7 hours ago, StinkTownClown said:

Stinky, Stink, Stink 1.2..3...

Let's hear some thoughts on this Semi-State Game please.

The Crew and I just got back to the shop, so you know we're ready to pop!

Tiger BL's and Lattes it will be, man we're looking forward to another Friday!

Welcome back STC.  The GID hasn't been the same without you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Red Devil said:

I think Monrovia has a great story this year.  What would you say it was that helped them go from 2-7 to regional champs?  

a few things.  1 we got a bit more healthy.  2. while injuries were happening, we found kids that could do the job..  3. moved some kids around once back and found a good formula for our offense. 4. Most teams in the playoffs dont see our offense.  5.  we have played some REALLY GOOD teams in the ICC. 6. we as a coaching staff found a way to convey to this team that this is it, when our back are against the wall, this team figured out how to fight.

So thats what were doing.

• Like 1

Best of luck to both Lawrenceburg and East Central this week. I would have liked to see these teams match up later in the year compared to week one.

Lawrenceburg giving up an average of 6 points a game vs West Lafayette scoring 47 a game could be pretty fun. How many of those TDs scored against the Tigers were given up late too? Kudos to the Tiger staff. 

On top of that, Roncalli once again at East Central after winning in St Leon 21-19 earlier this year.

Would love to see both EIAC teams in Indy next week.

• Like 1

Was busy over the weekend and just catching up….OV lost?!?!?  

i know nothing of Monrovia other than I think they used to be 2A? 

rooting for Lawrenceburg just because I’m tired of seeing them produce great teams that fall short.  It’s their time to have their cake and eat it too 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, WCGrad92 said:

would you mind if Monrovia did what everything thinks they cannot, Every week its  well its over for Monrovia.  And it may well be, but....

WHY NOT US?

No, I wouldn't mind if Monrovia beat WL and won state.  I just don't think they will get past Lawrenceburg.  But you never know because I'm still trying to figure out how Danville beat Western Boone.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tippy said:

No, I wouldn't mind if Monrovia beat WL and won state.  I just don't think they will get past Lawrenceburg.  But you never know because I'm still trying to figure out how Danville beat Western Boone.

Kind of presumptuous that WL will beat Chatard, no?

12 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Kind of presumptuous that WL will beat Chatard, no?

I want Chatard to win, but if WL wins then I wouldn't mind if Monrovia beat them at state.  I think WL and Chatard are about even, and I can't be sure who will win.  The winner of WL/Chatard will probably win state.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

I believe this is the first time in 11 years a PAC or SIAC school hasn't been represented in the 3A south semi-state.

Our bad ...BUT, Lawrenceburg was pretty good - and it ended up being "one of those nights" ( a lot of which was caused by Lawrenceburg). 7-6 halftime score in favor of the Raiders - some missed opportunities we let slip away in the 1st half (I'm sure they could say the same thing). 2nd half after tipped pass interception, it was all L-Burg

As far as this game goes - Monrovia is the complete mystery of the post-season. I know they like to hang their hat on their run game (and all I can say is GOOD LUCK if you think you'll just line up and just push L-burg around) - BUT they did hit a few passes to win the game vs. Owen Valley. Monrovia' Offense can be a challenge- but I think Greensburg provided enough of an appetizer that it won't be completely foreign to L-Burg. 

I would be a tad surprised if L-Burg doesn't punch their ticket to LOS - BUT - Monrovia did survive a sectional with Tri-West, Western Boone, and Danville....that is a meat-grinder. 

1 minute ago, jets said:

Our bad ...BUT, Lawrenceburg was pretty good - and it ended up being "one of those nights" ( a lot of which was caused by Lawrenceburg). 7-6 halftime score in favor of the Raiders - some missed opportunities we let slip away in the 1st half (I'm sure they could say the same thing). 2nd half after tipped pass interception, it was all L-Burg

As far as this game goes - Monrovia is the complete mystery of the post-season. I know they like to hang their hat on their run game (and all I can say is GOOD LUCK if you think you'll just line up and just push L-burg around) - BUT they did hit a few passes to win the game vs. Owen Valley. Monrovia' Offense can be a challenge- but I think Greensburg provided enough of an appetizer that it won't be completely foreign to L-Burg. 

I would be a tad surprised if L-Burg doesn't punch their ticket to LOS - BUT - Monrovia did survive a sectional with Tri-West, Western Boone, and Danville....that is a meat-grinder. 

Our bad as well.