Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Adams Central at North Judson

2 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Stats aside, its going to come down to how the Jays react in the big game atmosphere this year. Last year, they showed up and it seemed like the moment was too big for them and they layed an egg (pun intended). How are the kids and coaches going to respond to that? 

I think that game had more to do with ACS team speed. 

NJSP gets the Jets at the right time. AC has some banged up guys. See if we have the complete starting backfield this week unlike the Regional vs Carroll. We shall see which lines dictate the game. NJSP seems to have more weapons on offense this year. Definitely will be closer than last year. Just hope our Jets can pull through. 

6 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Stats aside, its going to come down to how the Jays react in the big game atmosphere this year. Last year, they showed up and it seemed like the moment was too big for them and they layed an egg (pun intended). How are the kids and coaches going to respond to that? 

Could’ve played the game last year 10x and would’ve been a similar score.  AC was that much better.  Teams that take the field this year are evenly matched.  Should be a good one.

Adams Central 28 - North Judson 21 - I think this game is going to be really good and competitive. Getting home field is big for North Judson and is an advantage for them. I have thought from day 1 this year that the Jets were going to Indy to play for a state title and nothing has changed my mind

This years AC team is not as explosive as the one a year ago, but they are still too much for North Judson. I just don't see AC's defense faltering even with a few injuries and would be shocked if they put up more than 21 points. I say AC 35 NJ 21. Expect a few big passing plays from AC early, even with limited reps Black has thrown some really nice balls this year.

Would AC be unbeaten playing NJ schedule? I say doubtful

3A Knox NJ shutout 26-0 and Knox won a 3A sectional

2A Laville had to rally in fourth to tie game and won in OT to beat NJ

Laville went toe to toe with Drayk Bowen and Andrean for 3 1/2 q without their star QB

NJ returned nearly everyone and are year older.  I like the Bluejays to pull it off at home.  Think last year was a bit of happy to be there time for NJ.

AC had taken beatings from Pioneer and LCC last few times at SS level and were focused and ready to get job done. Yes it helps coaching staffs about as much as players to get that experience😉

Jays 21 AC 20 

Going into the game last year I did not think it would be close and it wasn't. AC's team speed was too much for Judson and AC took it to them.

This year, I don't expect the same outcome. Lambert is a "one game at a time" coach, but you know they've been eyeing this rematch since the end of last year. I expect it to be a barn burner and hope the jays to sneak out the win.

Judson: 36-34

10 hours ago, RingLeader said:

Would AC be unbeaten playing NJ schedule? I say doubtful

3A Knox NJ shutout 26-0 and Knox won a 3A sectional

2A Laville had to rally in fourth to tie game and won in OT to beat NJ

Laville went toe to toe with Drayk Bowen and Andrean for 3 1/2 q without their star QB

NJ returned nearly everyone and are year older.  I like the Bluejays to pull it off at home.  Think last year was a bit of happy to be there time for NJ.

AC had taken beatings from Pioneer and LCC last few times at SS level and were focused and ready to get job done. Yes it helps coaching staffs about as much as players to get that experience😉

Jays 21 AC 20 

I'd argue that AC would have at the very least the same record that North Judson has if they played their schedule. I would also say that North Judson would still have 1 loss if they played AC schedule. Eastside would've been a hard team for North Judson to beat because they are incredible at taking away the run. AC had to turn to the air to win that game and I don't think the Blue Jays could've done that well enough. The Blazers are a team that could very well be playing this Friday for a chance to get to Lucas Oil if their QB hadn't gone down to injury in the first half against Bishop Luers.

This should be a much better game than last year, but I expect AC to pull it off - Jets 31-17.

Having played AC last year in sectional final and NJ. In sectional semifinals this year,  as a Triton parent,  I definitely will say that NJ is a better team this year than last year.  I don’t know much about AC this year but I know they lost Currie and Hyerly from last years team who were major factors in the beat down of NJ last year.  I know AC has a GREAT program and others have obviously stepped into those roles and performed great!  I think it will be a better game this year and being at home N J always seems to get that penalty called when they need it!  I’m gonna say AC 28-NJ 27

Will weather conditions adversely affect one team greater than another?  The ball can be slick when it's cold, so does this make this game closer?  Does it make any difference?  

Game time temps will be in the 20s with the lows in the teens.  Who will handle the cold better?

26 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

Will weather conditions adversely affect one team greater than another?  The ball can be slick when it's cold, so does this make this game closer?  Does it make any difference?  

Game time temps will be in the 20s with the lows in the teens.  Who will handle the cold better?

Can the FB’s control the game in the cold temps. Both teams have good FB but NJ 235 lb guy may be bigger factor as a night of tackling him in the cold could take its toll.  
How many triple option teams has AC faced?  How many wing-t teams has NJ faced? 

This is WHME TV46 game of the week.  With it being Semi State, i don't know if they will livestream it or not

but it will air on 46 @ 11:00 Friday night and re-air again Saturday morning @ 9:00.  Chuck and Bo in the booth and North Judson's 

own Charlie Adams roaming the sidelines.  Should be a great semi state game and the atmosphere should be incredible.

15 hours ago, littledog said:

Going into the game last year I did not think it would be close and it wasn't. AC's team speed was too much for Judson and AC took it to them.

This year, I don't expect the same outcome. Lambert is a "one game at a time" coach, but you know they've been eyeing this rematch since the end of last year. I expect it to be a barn burner and hope the jays to sneak out the win.

Judson: 36-34

One game at a time? They were preparing for LCC during sectionals in 2020. Stop. 

I'll say AC 28 Judson 13. 

It would not shock me if Judson somehow won the game though. 

• Sad 1
  • Kill me now 1

When you have an experience team like Judson has and have great confidence in your maturity of your team, you as a staff can "work" on future opponents and schemes for game you can expect to play down the road.  

We did this in 2014, played LCC, week 8, learned a lot from that game, and starting that next day Saturday and every practice forward we worked the "LCC Script" in preparations for the showdown in week 14, and sure enough we got there, sprinted to 14-0 1st Q lead, that does not happen if we do not put in all that extra time, older and mature teams/staffs can do this quite seamlessly, 

@Bobref I believe its a BELL, which going back 13 weeks ago, has since been given a good workout 

Great small town community matchup here, Im rooting for the JAYS, Region 4 squad with a friend of mine at the helm.  Hope they get it done, but as always a this time a year never is easy. 

Leave you with this: " Big time players, make big time plays, in big time games".  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Bobref I believe its a BELL, which going back 13 weeks ago, has since been given a good workout 

Glad the cannon is gone. First time I worked at NJ I was a back judge, and didn’t know about the cannon. They scored, and that thing went off behind me. It was traumatizing … and that was back when we wore white knickers.

Strange things happen there. Once when I was working Referee there, just as I signaled the ball ready for play, a bat landed on the ground between the QB and me. Then the ball was snapped and, I confess, instead of paying attention to my responsibilities, I watched to see if the bat got stepped on. He didn’t. That was a TV game. As soon as I got home I watched the replay, and the bat showed up clearly.

Edited by Bobref
  • Haha 1

I thought during the tournament the IHSAA requires the host school to maintain neutrality. Shouldn't that mean cannons, whistles, bells, smoke, fireworks and other noisemakers and "special effects" be disallowed? What is the rule and who is responsible for enforcing it?