Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Adams Central at North Judson

Just now, tango said:

I thought during the tournament the IHSAA requires the host school to maintain neutrality. Shouldn't that mean cannons, whistles, bells, smoke, fireworks and other noisemakers and "special effects" be disallowed? What is the rule and who is responsible for enforcing it?

The rules are set out in the IHSAA’s Fall Bulletin. https://www.ihsaa.org/sites/default/files/documents/Fall Bulletin_11.pdf#page17 Here’s what it says:

Q. Restrictions
Please inform your students and fans that during the game:
 1. Banners and posters are not allowed.
2. Battery powered or electronic noise makers, fireworks, recorded music (permissible during- quarter breaks, halftime,
and post-game) , sirens or whistles are not allowed.
3. Throwing of articles, including toilet tissue and baby powder, is not allowed.
4. No live animal mascots are permitted at any time.
5. The facility should be as neutral as possible without any enhancements that emphasize a home team.

The site manager, who is usually the home team AD, is responsible for enforcing these restrictions. Importantly, the game officials have no responsibility for enforcing these restrictions.

21 minutes ago, tango said:

I thought during the tournament the IHSAA requires the host school to maintain neutrality. Shouldn't that mean cannons, whistles, bells, smoke, fireworks and other noisemakers and "special effects" be disallowed? What is the rule and who is responsible for enforcing it?

They didn't do the cannon this year because the school said it was due to "insurance".  

As far as the bell, that doesn't get rang during the game, so no rules ever get broken. 

8 minutes ago, littledog said:

They didn't do the cannon this year because the school said it was due to "insurance".  

As far as the bell, that doesn't get rang during the game, so no rules ever get broken. 

And there’s nothing in the Bulletin about bats. 😂🤣

As an AC fan, I couldn't care less if they fired off a cannon or rang a bell. If that impacted our guys' ability to take care of business then they weren't going to win anyways. As far as fans having noise makers and whatnot, who really cares??? Obviously the IHSAA is, but if they're truly concerned about neutrality in these games, then they need to be played at neutral sites. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Q. Restrictions
Please inform your students and fans that during the game:
4. No live animal mascots are permitted at any time.

At some point in time this must have been an issue to make the rule.  I would love to hear the story.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coachkj said:

At some point in time this must have been an issue to make the rule.  I would love to hear the story.

When I attended St. Edward in the late 60s, we had a live Golden Eagle (at that time, private ownership of bald eagles was illegal, as they were endangered). It had a wingspan > 6 ft. At the start of basketball games it would fly from one end of the gym to the other, an awesome sight!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Will weather conditions adversely affect one team greater than another?  The ball can be slick when it's cold, so does this make this game closer?  Does it make any difference?  

Game time temps will be in the 20s with the lows in the teens.  Who will handle the cold better?

I think if the field was pretty muddy and it was raining hard. That might slow AC down enough for NJ. 

North Judson doesn't believe field conditions hurt any teams chances. 

10 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

When you have an experience team like Judson has and have great confidence in your maturity of your team, you as a staff can "work" on future opponents and schemes for game you can expect to play down the road.  

We did this in 2014, played LCC, week 8, learned a lot from that game, and starting that next day Saturday and every practice forward we worked the "LCC Script" in preparations for the showdown in week 14, and sure enough we got there, sprinted to 14-0 1st Q lead, that does not happen if we do not put in all that extra time, older and mature teams/staffs can do this quite seamlessly, 

@Bobref I believe its a BELL, which going back 13 weeks ago, has since been given a good workout 

Great small town community matchup here, Im rooting for the JAYS, Region 4 squad with a friend of mine at the helm.  Hope they get it done, but as always a this time a year never is easy. 

Leave you with this: " Big time players, make big time plays, in big time games".  

Huge difference between your 2014 bombers vs the 2020 Jays. 

You guys could be that cocky or arrogant because nobody was gonna match your teams speed. 

That Judson team was just simply over confident. They didn't take Winamac serious enough and it back fired. 

2 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

Lol

What's funny? It should be a hard fought  and exciting game, when both teams are good it's EASY to see either team winning. I don't know why it's that difficult for you to understand. This has nothing to do with covering the bases. 

Edited by WalterSobchak

21 hours ago, Mod22 said:

This is WHME TV46 game of the week.  With it being Semi State, i don't know if they will livestream it or not

but it will air on 46 @ 11:00 Friday night and re-air again Saturday morning @ 9:00.  Chuck and Bo in the booth and North Judson's 

own Charlie Adams roaming the sidelines.  Should be a great semi state game and the atmosphere should be incredible.

They are not the livestreamers this week. 

19 minutes ago, WalterSobchak said:

I think if the field was pretty muddy and it was raining hard. That might slow AC down enough for NJ. 

North Judson doesn't believe field conditions hurt any teams chances. 

Oh boy, here we go....

If no North Judson fans respond to this, I think Coach Lambert has a hush order in place on all players and fans this week because that topic usually has potential to take over a thread. 

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2022 at 11:17 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

When you have an experience team like Judson has and have great confidence in your maturity of your team, you as a staff can "work" on future opponents and schemes for game you can expect to play down the road.  

We did this in 2014, played LCC, week 8, learned a lot from that game, and starting that next day Saturday and every practice forward we worked the "LCC Script" in preparations for the showdown in week 14, and sure enough we got there, sprinted to 14-0 1st Q lead, that does not happen if we do not put in all that extra time, older and mature teams/staffs can do this quite seamlessly, 

@Bobref I believe its a BELL, which going back 13 weeks ago, has since been given a good workout 

Great small town community matchup here, Im rooting for the JAYS, Region 4 squad with a friend of mine at the helm.  Hope they get it done, but as always a this time a year never is easy. 

Leave you with this: " Big time players, make big time plays, in big time games".  

How dare you make any good points and be logical!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

Oh boy, here we go....

If no North Judson fans respond to this, I think Coach Lambert has a hush order in place on all players and fans this week because that topic usually has potential to take over a thread. 

Honestly, we just try not to acknowledge much from him. Otherwise, we'll hear a story from 2004 where if their top 2 6th graders didn't get hurt, they would of won state in 2005.

• Haha 4

On 11/16/2022 at 8:02 AM, tango said:

Noise makers ,all banners , cowbells are restricted after start of sectional ! That being said it isn’t enforced … happens every week ! 

37 minutes ago, Say it aint so said:

Noise makers ,all banners , cowbells are restricted after start of sectional ! That being said it isn’t enforced … happens every week ! 

Sounds like the IHSAA needs to send enforcers to these playoff sites:

Dfl7PSbX4AAUuR1.jpg

• Haha 1

On 11/16/2022 at 9:16 AM, coachkj said:

If you're playing the Beavers this could be a HUGE distraction!!

2 hours ago, Say it aint so said:

You try to take a cowbell away from a Sheridan mom and you'd probably end up losing an arm!

• Haha 4