Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC vs. PAC

Just an idea but wouldn't it be fun to see an All-Star game between the two conferences.......Get the all conference teams together once all teams are done playing and just have a type of exhibition game. I know it's probably not feasible but just a fun idea to think about.

7 minutes ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Something similar was done back in the late 80's/early 90's.  I believe it was the All-SIAC team vs a PAC/Big 8 all star team.

For a little bit there was a City vs Area all star game.  A few years it was sponsored by Hardee's (or more likely the local franchise owner) and played at the University of Evansville.

Once UE dropped football, the game lost its luster - playing on a college field - plus I think the City was something like 13-2 against the area.  

7 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

For a little bit there was a City vs Area all star game.  A few years it was sponsored by Hardee's (or more likely the local franchise owner) and played at the University of Evansville.

Once UE dropped football, the game lost its luster - playing on a college field - plus I think the City was something like 13-2 against the area.  

Yes!  That's what it was.  It was played in the summer.  I got asked to play but the game interfered with Legion baseball.

1 hour ago, BigCatFootball said:

SIAC absolutely crushes the PAC

I think it would be fair to say SIAC could have a deeper team, like numbers 3’s and 4’s on the depth chart.   I’ve watched enough of both conferences to say the 1’s & 2’s would be some damn good matchups.  Not sure all 4 teams on depth chart wouldn’t make for damn good matchups.  Last time I checked it’s 11 vs 11.  Can’t see SIAC being much better.  

Edited by Screagle

Why do we still do "All City"?  Not putting it down in any way....I just have never had anyone who could really explain it to me.  What's the point, I mean your conference is your conference?  Wasn't Castle the only team excluded for years....that just seems weird to me.  They might be a great reason, I just haven't heard it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Why do we still do "All City"?  Not putting it down in any way....I just have never had anyone who could really explain it to me.  What's the point, I mean your conference is your conference?  Wasn't Castle the only team excluded for years....that just seems weird to me.  They might be a great reason, I just haven't heard it.

I think it’s more to do with the tradition of the Downtown QB Club. It’s also voted on by players only.  I think. 

13 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Simple answer: Tradition. 
It is sponsored by the Evansville Downtown Quarterback Club and has been for 83 years. 

Any group is free to name whatever team they would like. Some large metro areas have all-city and all-county teams. 

Is there an All-County team named by the Clarion? There is one for Cross Country.
https://www.pdclarion.com/sports/state-finalists-headline-2022-all-county-xc-teams/article_5202e882-9677-58b7-a660-2ec6b76e0d39.html

7 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Simple answer: Tradition. 
It is sponsored by the Evansville Downtown Quarterback Club and has been for 83 years. 

Any group is free to name whatever team they would like. Some large metro areas have all-city and all-county teams. 

Is there an All-County team named by the Clarion? There is one for Cross Country.
https://www.pdclarion.com/sports/state-finalists-headline-2022-all-county-xc-teams/article_5202e882-9677-58b7-a660-2ec6b76e0d39.html

Yes the Clarion will come out with an all county team for football.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BigCatFootball said:

Here’s the all PAC team and All City team if we want to compare and see who wins 

05B6DD27-BD15-4C0A-A2FF-B585B37DD942.png

4BC30B9D-374E-46C6-B804-55DCE6ECA015.png

6008A805-D2C3-473E-9C59-4D9CEDDF9712.png

It seems kind of strange to me that the PAC MVP, offensive captain, and defensive captain are recognized separately from their positions.

Altogether between both divisions, I count 6 all-conference QBs out of 11 teams.

That has kind of an “everybody gets a trophy” feel to it.

39 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

It seems kind of strange to me that the PAC MVP, offensive captain, and defensive captain are recognized separately from their positions.

Altogether between both divisions, I count 6 all-conference QBs out of 11 teams.

There are 12 current PAC teams that play football in the conference. Next year it will be 13 teams with  the return of Tecumseh.

5 hours ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Something similar was done back in the late 80's/early 90's.  I believe it was the All-SIAC team vs a PAC/Big 8 all star team.

2003-04 there was an East-West All-Star Game in May played at the Reitz Bowl. I played on the East with some teammates and friends. Hart led the West to a victory. I've been meaning to digitize the game film.

1 hour ago, sr1 said:

There are 12 current PAC teams that play football in the conference. Next year it will be 13 teams with  the return of Tecumseh.

OK, 6 out of 12.  I miscounted.  But, still, half of the league’s QBs are all-conference?

Why not just have a 1st and 2nd team…and then have the POY be the one of the players on the 1st team?

Doing it this way devalues the honor, IMO.

38 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

OK, 6 out of 12.  I miscounted.  But, still, half of the league’s QBs are all-conference?

Why not just have a 1st and 2nd team…and then have the POY be the one of the players on the 1st team?

Doing it this way devalues the honor, IMO.

I think the offensive and defensive captains should be tacked on to position awards.

3 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I think the offensive and defensive captains should be tacked on to position awards.

That would be an improvement.  But why not the POY, too?

I mean, they already have a lot of all-PAC players because of the two divisions.  That’s understandable, because it has a lot of teams.

But separating those awards adds 6 extra players across the two divisions.  I don’t see that as a positive at all.  I see it as dilution of what should be a big honor.

Anyway, not my team’s conference.  I just find that odd.  Do a lot of conferences do their honors that way?

10 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

That would be an improvement.  But why not the POY, too?

I mean, they already have a lot of all-PAC players because of the two divisions.  That’s understandable, because it has a lot of teams.

But separating those awards adds 6 extra players across the two divisions.  I don’t see that as a positive at all.  I see it as dilution of what should be a big honor.

Anyway, not my team’s conference.  I just find that odd.  Do a lot of conferences do their honors that way?

I could go either way on MVP.

13 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I noticed this also. The PAC "BIG" division has 42 All-Conference Players and the PAC "Small" Division has 47 players on it. Seems a little excessive to me in all honesty. Is the Honorable Mention kids equivalent to the 2nd team?? 

On the topic of SIAC all conference team vs PAC "Big" all conference team.... SIAC wins in a Landslide, unless Nick Hart coaches the PAC team... then I think the PAC wins by a million!!!!!