Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC vs. PAC

7 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

It is definitely a year-to-year basis. 2020 and 2021 PAC knocks the socks off the SIAC with a combination of Brady Allen and Devin Mockabee.

Goebel/Hurley vs Buening/Hart would be an unbelievable coaching matchup. Old School vs New School powerhouses.

You don't really get time to install an offensive or defensive system prior to an all-star game. It's really just some vanilla concepts and you hope everyone knows where the ball is going. Things like blocking schemes and reads don't get developed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

You don't really get time to install an offensive or defensive system prior to an all-star game. It's really just some vanilla concepts and you hope everyone knows where the ball is going. Things like blocking schemes and reads don't get developed. 

Football doesn't work well for all star games but like the Powerball it's fun to imagine.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

It is definitely a year-to-year basis. 2020 and 2021 PAC knocks the socks off the SIAC with a combination of Brady Allen and Devin Mockabee.

Goebel/Hurley vs Buening/Hart would be an unbelievable coaching matchup. Old School vs New School powerhouses.

That's crazy talk....one of the key Memorial talking points at tea parties last year was the transitive property of comparing the Lawrencerug loss to East Central, then Memorial beating East Central and Lawrenceburg giving GS a scare in regional.  Without a doubt it's irrefutable proof that a game one outcome between Lawrenceburg and East Central shows that Memorial would walk through 3A last year (where if the world was fair they would be playing)....just ask them.  Oh but wait, out of the other side of their mouth they will tell you that THEIR early games this year doesn't define THEM.  Ok guys....got it.

• Like 1

I don’t think any Memorial fan I associate with thinks they walk through 3A.  GS is perfect example.  I think several GS fans thought they would win 3 straight sectional titles with Allen. Just speaks to the competition level in 3A.  A team/program of GS caliber only winning 1 since 2016 is proof enough it’s not easy down here.  

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Screagle said:

I don’t think any Memorial fan I associate with thinks they walk through 3A.  GS is perfect example.  I think several GS fans thought they would win 3 straight sectional titles with Allen. Just speaks to the competition level in 3A.  A team/program of GS caliber only winning 1 since 2016 is proof enough it’s not easy down here.  

It is tough down here as we have almost a handful of teams that can put together a team capable of a deep run any given season.  Although GS seems to stay at a high level....it might not be good enough.  That said, I don't know that many GS fans had any different expectations that we usually have those years.

14 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

The Wabash Valley Football Coaches Association runs a pretty good All-Star game up here in Terre Haute.  Been very successful for the last 15 years or so.  SW Indiana could definitely do something similar.  They always play the game the last Saturday in June.    

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 10:05 PM, hhpatriot04 said:

But maybe enough time to instill some discipline...