Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HSE at Carroll

Sagarin says 10, I say a little more. I still think the top teams out of Indy (Indy burbs to be more specific, football inside the donut is awful) play a different brand of football. It helps when you're beating up on each other every year. It raises the benchmark at every school. There's hope out of Fort Wayne, but it's time to see results on the field. Carroll lost arguably it's top defender a few weeks ago, but that hasn't seemed to slow this team down (depth). They aren't flashy, but are solid on both sides of the ball. I think they can make this game interesting. 

HSE 28, Carroll 17

Edited by BTF

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Sagarin says 10, I say a little more. I still think the top teams out of Indy (Indy burbs to be more specific, football inside the donut is awful) play a different brand of football. It helps when you're beating up on each other every year. It raises the benchmark at every school. There's hope out of Fort Wayne, but it's time to see results on the field. Carroll lost arguably it's top defender a few weeks ago, but that hasn't seemed to slow this team down (depth). They aren't flashy, but are solid on both sides of the ball. I think they can make this game interesting. 

HSE 28, Carroll 17

I agree this is going to be an interesting game! I have hope for the Fw area. But I think they will fall a little short I believe it will be a close game like their most previous game. 

HSE 24 Carroll 21

HSE 42 - Carroll 21 - Carroll has made some big strides this year to compete at the 6A level, time to try and climb the mountain. I think this is a good measuring stick for Carroll and getting to play 2 non conference games starting next year will further the cause. Going to be a tough night for the Chargers I believe

Edited by Komets2727

3 hours ago, BTF said:

HSE 28, Carroll 17

Two teams within the donut are in the semi-state, Bishop Chatard and Cathedral, so it ain't too bad in there.

Should be a great atmosphere if any Indy fans want to make the trip. Cold weather won't stop 3500+ Carroll faithful from showing up to this game. Visitor side has ample seating for 2500 fans. And a smorgasbord of restaurants on your way to the stadium up Lima Rd. 

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Same.  It just doesn't feel like a true "state championship game" to me if both participants are within 30 minutes of downtown Indy.  Maybe I am alone in that thinking.

Go Chargers!

Agreed. Think Carroll's defense might be able to keep this one class for awhile, but I just don't see them scoring enough points to keep up with HSE. 

18 hours ago, BTF said:

HSE 28, Carroll 17

Please do elaborate?

image.thumb.png.32cc512839a5e011e1f808d05d7b0f47.png

6 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

Bishop Chatard and Cathedral are 5 miles apart on Kessler and 56th St.  I'm not sure your question though.    Both are within the I465 "donut."

I quoted the statement "football inside the donut is awful" yet Chatard and Cathedral are inside the donut. Trying to figure out how they are awful and for elaboration on that statement.

He/she is obviously referring to public/county schools and the word "awful" is hyperbole.

(Also, I am just glad HSE only has an 1:45 bus ride or they'd be screwed according to @GOLDRUSH1985...hope they don't get stuck in traffic for 15 minutes.)

If so, might as well GIVE Carroll the game.

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

Please do elaborate?

image.thumb.png.32cc512839a5e011e1f808d05d7b0f47.png

I should have been more specific. Public schools within the donut are awful. I was surprised, when looking at the Sagarin Ratings, how many Indianapolis schools ranked toward the bottom. Catholic schools in Indy, no matter the location, are a beast. 

4 hours ago, temptation said:

I see a 35-17 type game in favor of HSE.

(And I promise, I hope I am wrong @BTF.)

Even though you are from the Indy area, you never come across as being biased. You tell it like you see it, no shame in that. I can see where fans of Indy 6a football would appreciate some competition from other areas of the state. It's like the Fort Wayne vs Indy matchups next season in Weeks 1 & 2. Fans across the state I'm sure are hoping for good games and not a bunch of blowouts. 

32 minutes ago, BTF said:

I should have been more specific. Public schools within the donut are awful. I was surprised, when looking at the Sagarin Ratings, how many Indianapolis schools ranked toward the bottom. Catholic schools in Indy, no matter the location, are a beast. 

I think you are confused about public schools in Indianapolis.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BTF said:

Inside the donut?

Are you talking specifically inside 465 or Indianapolis proper? Marion County isn't confined to the inside of 465. LN, LC, Ben Davis, Warren, etc all have Indianapolis addresses but are located just outside the loop. They're township schools. Roncalli is another Indy school located just south of 465 but with an Indianapolis address. Lutheran is just outside the loop as well.

Edited by Footballking16

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Are you talking specifically inside 465 or Indianapolis proper? Marion County isn't confined to the inside of 465. LN, LC, Ben Davis, Warren, etc all have Indianapolis addresses but are located just outside the loop. They're township schools. Roncalli is another Indy school located just south of 465 but with an Indianapolis address. Lutheran is just outside the loop as well.

Inside 465 and schools that have "Indianapolis" in front of them. Attucks, Ritter, Scecina, Shortridge, Tech, Tindley, and Washington.

19 minutes ago, temptation said:

Ah, gotcha.  SO not necessarily Marion County but those IPS schools inside of 465?

Correct. Ben Davis and Warren Central are just outside the donut. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Gotcha. Yes its been several decades since the IPS schools were "good" at football. 

I was just shocked at how low they rank. I imagine cities across the nation the size of Indy face a similar situation. 

Tech ranks 30 of 32

Shortridge ranks 58 of 64

Attucks ranks 59 of 64

Washington ranks 64 of 64

Purdue Poly ranks 63 of 64

Tindley ranks 44 of 61

1 minute ago, BTF said:

I was just shocked at how low they rank. I imagine cities across the nation the size of Indy face a similar situation. 

Tech ranks 30 of 32

Shortridge ranks 58 of 64

Attucks ranks 59 of 64

Washington ranks 64 of 64

Purdue Poly ranks 63 of 64

Tindley ranks 44 of 61

IPS schools have been notoriously bad for years at football. They need to co-op into 2 teams. IPS EAST and IPS WEST