Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HSE at Carroll

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

No inside information on this, I'll just take your word for it. 

I will guarantee you that Snider will play Warren Central, and Homestead will play Carmel.... Week 1 also at LOS.  

So YES you are correct.  Damn those Saturday games....   

Edited by Yuccaguy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

I will guarantee you that Snider will play Warren Central, and Homestead will play Carmel.... Week 1 also at LOS.  

So YES you are correct.  Damn those Saturday games....   

Triple header. Nice!

19 hours ago, temptation said:

He/she is obviously referring to public/county schools and the word "awful" is hyperbole.

(Also, I am just glad HSE only has an 1:45 bus ride or they'd be screwed according to @GOLDRUSH1985...hope they don't get stuck in traffic for 15 minutes.)

If so, might as well GIVE Carroll the game.

Give it a rest dude , don't you have class to attend or spreadsheets to make ? Carroll wins by 10

8 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Does that mean we get to meet face to face for you to pay me ?

We're all sitting together at the state finals. Footballking included. Rodney said he'd stop by during the 1A game to fill us in on some of his outtakes. No violence permitted, just some good intense debate. 

HSE and Carroll should be a good game. Not expecting a blowout here. I think the Chargers are aware that this is the best team they'll face all season. This is a pretty impressive group when they put their best foot forward. 

• Haha 1

It must have been a big advantage for the home team 100 years ago when the other team had to take the train to the game and probably walk a mile from the train station to the football field.

I think HSE wins this game 21-7.  I don't think Carroll will score many points against that HSE defense.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BTF said:

We're all sitting together at the state finals. Footballking included. Rodney said he'd stop by during the 1A game to fill us in on some of his outtakes. No violence permitted, just some good intense debate. 

HSE and Carroll should be a good game. Not expecting a blowout here. I think the Chargers are aware that this is the best team they'll face all season. This is a pretty impressive group when they put their best foot forward. 

Watching the Carroll vs Lafayette Jeff game gives me huge pause on Carroll keeping this game competitive. Jeff is nowhere close to HSE in talent and Carroll struggled mightily to hang with them. Not liking their chances even a little bit…

Let’s put it this way, if you really believe Carroll has a great chance to beat HSE, then you must also believe that Snider will absolutely roll Valpo considering Snider was very competitive with Carroll without their RB1. Nobody in their right mind would believe that Valpo would beat HSE…

Edited by Komets2727

58 minutes ago, BTF said:

Carroll is an impressive team and I have been to Fort Wayne enough times in mid November for a freezing cold weather game , to know it's not going to be easy for HSE . If they are off even slightly , Carroll wins this game (which I think they will).

2 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Does that mean we get to meet face to face for you to pay me ?

Well, you'll be paying me and if you still reside close to your alma mater, it'd easily fit into the 2+ hour drive criteria so I'd expect you to forget how to function on the way down US 31.

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

Well, you'll be paying me and if you still reside close to your alma mater, it'd easily fit into the 2+ hour drive criteria so I'd expect you to forget how to function on the way down US 31.

You don't forget how to function , but coming out sluggish , flat etc is a biproduct . 

1 minute ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

You don't forget how to function , but coming out sluggish , flat etc is a biproduct . 

Not at 18, you don't.  Its a built in excuse.  

I've had some of my best performances where I traveled 2+ hours and/or gotten little sleep the night before due to anxiety/excitement.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

I've had some of my best performances where I traveled 2+ hours and/or gotten little sleep the night before due to anxiety/excitement.

I don't think you understand! if you get on a bus for 2 hours, your entire body shuts down. You basically forfeit the game.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I don't think you understand! if you get on a bus for 2 hours, your entire body shuts down. You basically forfeit the game.

My marathon personal best came on a night where I traveled 3.5 hours, got 3.5 hours of sleep the night before, an lost an hour due to the time change...and I was twice the age of a high school football player at the time.

Edited by temptation

My marathon personal best came on a night where I got 3.5 hours of sleep the night before, lost an hour due to the time change and traveled 3.5 hours the night before...and I was twice the age of a high school football player at the time.

imagine how hard life is for the kids who have to get on the school bus first every morning throughout their schooling.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Temp , you remind me of a 16 year old that knows it all . I seriously hope one day you figure out that you don't . I have noticed that a couple of other people have commented about long travel times since the playoffs have started . Not one word from Temp on their comment , but he feels the need to comment on mine . It seems that every message board has that one special member that's smarter than everyone else , congrats Temp . Now back to the game at hand

19 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Temp , you remind me of a 16 year old that knows it all . I seriously hope one day you figure out that you don't . I have noticed that a couple of other people have commented about long travel times since the playoffs have started . Not one word from Temp on their comment , but he feels the need to comment on mine . It seems that every message board has that one special member that's smarter than everyone else , congrats Temp . Now back to the game at hand

I conceded that the home team does have a slight advantage. As Bobref pointed out, data taken from over 1800 football games shows that the advantage for the home team is 1.76 points. Although my research of three conferences in 2022 doesn't show anything to support the 'home field advantage' claim, 1800 games of data tells a different story (slight). 

I also researched the performance of Snider when they travel to Mishawaka, The Region, or Indy and found absolutely no data that supports the idea that a long bus ride is a disadvantage to the traveling team. But that's just one team and we can't draw any conclusions whatsoever from that. Now if there was a way to measure a disadvantage when traveling 1.5 hours plus, I think data would show, at the minimum, that the traveling team loses at least 3 points. Personally, I just don't see how sitting on a bus for two hours can do a team any favors. But that's just me. It's probably just best that everyone agrees to disagree and move on. 

As much as I don't want to make a prediction on this game, I've still got HSE as an 11 point favorite. I'm still haunted by Central Indiana's dominance of 6a football. 

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

I conceded that the home team does have a slight advantage. As Bobref pointed out, data taken from over 1800 football games shows that the advantage for the home team is 1.76 points. Although my research of three conferences in 2022 doesn't show anything to support the 'home field advantage' claim, 1800 games of data tells a different story (slight). 

I also researched the performance of Snider when they travel to Mishawaka, The Region, or Indy and found absolutely no data that supports the idea that a long bus ride is a disadvantage to the traveling team. But that's just one team and we can't draw any conclusions whatsoever from that. Now if there was a way to measure a disadvantage when traveling 1.5 hours plus, I think data would show, at the minimum, that the traveling team loses at least 3 points. Personally, I just don't see how sitting on a bus for two hours can do a team any favors. But that's just me. It's probably just best that everyone agrees to disagree and move on. 

As much as I don't want to make a prediction on this game, I've still got HSE as an 11 point favorite. I'm still haunted by Central Indiana's dominance of 6a football. 

Luckily that past dominance has no bearing on Friday nights outcome . 

1 hour ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Now wait a second...this coming from the guy that just weeks ago cited his "blue rings" as a reason his opinions were holier than everyone else's on the board?

I cited the data that debunked your bogus claim and now your feelings are hurt.  Get over it.

I comment on yours because you have had it out for me ever since joining the board and you keep swinging and missing.

Now wait a second...this coming from the guy that just weeks ago cited his "blue rings" as a reason his opinions were holier than everyone else's on the board?

I cited the data that debunked your bogus claim and now your feelings are hurt.  Get over it.

I comment on yours because you have had it out for me ever since joining the board and you keep swinging and missing.

Ever since joining the board ??? You were in elementary school when I joined this board 25 years ago . When the GID went to a new server my account was deleted , and I had to register again . I was absent on the board for a long time , because most of the original GID members don't post anymore and we are stuck with , well I won't go there . There is an LA Times article about high school sports travel , should be easy for someone as smart as you to find . It will debunk any theory you have about travel . Several Cali coaches chime in . Please lets drop this and move on . 

6 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Ever since joining the board ??? You were in elementary school when I joined this board 25 years ago . When the GID went to a new server my account was deleted , and I had to register again . I was absent on the board for a long time , because most of the original GID members don't post anymore and we are stuck with , well I won't go there . There is an LA Times article about high school sports travel , should be easy for someone as smart as you to find . It will debunk any theory you have about travel . Several Cali coaches chime in . Please lets drop this and move on . 

No one is forcing you to be here.