Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HSE at Carroll

On 11/16/2022 at 12:57 PM, temptation said:

My marathon personal best came on a night where I traveled 3.5 hours, got 3.5 hours of sleep the night before, an lost an hour due to the time change...and I was twice the age of a high school football player at the time.

Curious to what your time was. Mine was 3:41:05 in the 2005 Chicago Marathon. Good enough to get me qualified for the next spring's Boston.

On 11/16/2022 at 12:07 PM, temptation said:

Not at 18, you don't.  Its a built in excuse.  

I've had some of my best performances where I traveled 2+ hours and/or gotten little sleep the night before due to anxiety/excitement.

The travel didn't seem to bother Westfield up at Merrillville in 2020. 41-23 Rocks win. Then Homestead goes to Westfield and loses 41-9.  Last year Westfield travels to Carroll and wins going away 37-14. Also last year, it apparently did bother Merrillville in a 48-19 loss.

So this theory must only apply to northern schools traveling south :)

45 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Side note outside of all this banter

I highly encourage anyone that is able to make the trip to MAKE THE TRIP! Carroll's stadium/facility is without a doubt in the Top 5 of all Indiana in my opinion. Truly an amazing complex they have. Worth the price of admission for that alone.

I've never been there but I did see a bunch of pictures , it looks as nice as you say . 

57 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

The travel didn't seem to bother Westfield up at Merrillville in 2020. 41-23 Rocks win. Then Homestead goes to Westfield and loses 41-9.  Last year Westfield travels to Carroll and wins going away 37-14. Also last year, it apparently did bother Merrillville in a 48-19 loss.

So this theory must only apply to northern schools traveling south 🙂

Bad examples. Westfield was heavily favored in those games. And Westfield did get off to a slow start against Carroll. Only up 8 midway through the 3rd.

1 hour ago, WestfieldRocks said:

So this theory must only apply to northern schools traveling south 🙂

At the end of the day it's a Jimmy's and Joe's thing. I could see the home team having the slight advantage if both teams were on equal footing, but at the end of the day a 2 hour bus ride isn't going to negate a night and day talent disparity. I think HSE is 3+ scores better than Carroll and at the end of the day wouldn't matter if the game was played in Fort Wayne, Fishers, or on a different continent. 

Edited by Footballking16
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

At the end of the day it's a Jimmy's and Joe's thing. I could see the home team having the slight advantage if both teams were on equal footing, but at the end of the day a 2 hour bus ride isn't going to negate a night and day talent disparity. 

Best post so far. Copy and paste it to the other thread. 

7 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I think HSE is 3+ scores better than Carroll and at the end of the day wouldn't matter if the game was played in Fort Wayne, Fishers, or on a different continent. 

So there you have it people. Carroll isn't even on the same playing field as HSE. Don't even show up Chargers. Hit the weight room and prepare for next year's home opener. Congrats on your 12-1 season seniors.

On 11/15/2022 at 5:04 PM, Yuccaguy said:

I will guarantee you that Snider will play Warren Central, and Homestead will play Carmel.... Week 1 also at LOS.  

So YES you are correct.  Damn those Saturday games....   

Does Dwenger play Brownsberg at Lucus oil as well?

Edited by Mebuck
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, BTF said:

So there you have it people. Carroll isn't even on the same playing field as HSE. Don't even show up Chargers. Hit the weight room and prepare for next year's home opener. Congrats on your 12-1 season seniors.

Stop being so hyperbolic.  Past results at the high school level don’t necessarily predict future results but Carroll’s (and the rest of the SAC’s) recent history against HCC/MIC teams shouldn’t exactly have folks brimming with confidence when it comes to Carroll’s chances.

And I’ll say it for you again…I’D LOVE TO BE WRONG HERE AND EAT MY CROW ON SATURDAY MORNING!  

I want fresh blood at Lucas Oil and will be the first on here to congratulate them Friday night.

Edited by temptation

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

Carroll’s (and the rest of the SAC’s) recent history against HCC/MIC teams shouldn’t exactly have folks brimming with confidence when it comes to Carroll’s chances.

I'm a realist. It's why I have HSE by 11 in this one. 

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

LOL.  Those are Olympic level times my man.

Oops, here's the rest of the article:

Good Marathon Times

For an elite runner, a good marathon time is between 2:02 and 2:10 for men and 2:15 and 2:25 for women.1

But a good time for an elite runner is different from a good time for an amateur. For you, a good time might be anywhere from 3:00 to 5:00. How you compare and your goals will depend on typical marathon times for the course, your age group, and qualifying times for well-known marathons.

Overall Average Marathon Times

According to RunRepeat's report on running data, the average marathon time around the world in 2019 was 4:32:49. To break that down further, in 2019 the average men's marathon time was 4:30:46, and the average women's marathon time that same year was 4:56:39.1 Keep in mind that this data covers thousands of marathon runners, but not elite runners.

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

So, we don’t talk football on these threads anymore, we talk travel and marathons… Yep

I mean we are talking about Hamilton County. What did you expect. So unfortunate that the state finals will cut into snow skiing time in Vail. Fortunately the private jet will take us straight from the Speedway airport to Colorado so we don't miss hot tubbing and Sunday brunch in the mountains!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

So, we don’t talk football on these threads anymore, we talk travel and marathons… Yep

I think HSE has the best defense in the state.  Carroll will be lucky to score 14 points.  The most points scored against HSE is 28, and Carroll is not going to score that many.  So, I say HSE wins 21-7.

On 11/15/2022 at 3:39 PM, Footballking16 said:

Gotcha. Yes its been several decades since the IPS schools were "good" at football. 

When I think of IPS schools for football, I always think of Broad Ripple.  School produced at least 2 NFL players....the late, great Stacy Toran and more recent Rosevelt Colvin, 2 time SB winner with the Pats. I think Colvin played in the mid 90's.