Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $3,142.05 of $3,600 target

HSE at Carroll


Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’m not.  Strange you care so much.

I’m just happy we get a true north versus south state championship game.

As someone who grew up in the 812, I would call this a north vs central championship game....😉

BTW, congrats to Carroll...great win over an excellent HSE team last night.  

Edited by Bash Riprock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

As someone who grew up in the 812, I would call this a north vs central championship game....😉

BTW, congrats to Carroll...great win over an excellent HSE team last night.  

Not many 6A schools south of Indy so I’ll take it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, gonzoron said:

How was that critical?

 

When you say a team has to compete against the officials you are directly implicating them of intentionally making calls against your team to increase their chances of losing. It's one thing to disagree with judgement calls but to accuse the crew of cheating on favor of one team crosses the line and needs to be called out.

GC is right. The comment probably should have been ignored. But in getting frustrated with officials leaving due to abuse and recruiting being hard because people don't want to put up with the abuse. His comment doesn't affect my desire to keep officiating because I know he's ignorant on this  topic. And the more people realize how the words they choose contributes to the problem maybe we start see some change. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JustRules said:

When you say a team has to compete against the officials you are directly implicating them of intentionally making calls against your team to increase their chances of losing. It's one thing to disagree with judgement calls but to accuse the crew of cheating on favor of one team crosses the line and needs to be called out.

GC is right. The comment probably should have been ignored. But in getting frustrated with officials leaving due to abuse and recruiting being hard because people don't want to put up with the abuse. His comment doesn't affect my desire to keep officiating because I know he's ignorant on this  topic. And the more people realize how the words they choose contributes to the problem maybe we start see some change. 

He didn’t say that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lots of talk on here about Carroll's dream season, but this was a dream season for HSE as well. One of those years where you ask "if we can't win with the team have this year, when will we ever win it?" That's a hard pill to swallow. Seeing how dejected the Snider kids were last night made me think of the HSE kids. Sports can be utterly heartbreaking. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2022 at 10:58 PM, psaboy said:

It seemed like there were a few HSE players that got hurt from the limited viewing I saw ??

Was Jalen Alexander one of those injured Royals? He had rushed for well over 200 yards against both Westfield and Fishers in the tournament. He only ran it 7 for 19 total yards in this game. If so, that made a huge difference. 

Congrats to Carroll. Although I was hoping for a third straight 6A title game for an HCC school, from the stats, it looked like Carroll's defense won that game. They will have their hands full with a Center Grove team that easily dispatched of Cathedral. Most of their players have been there, done that at LOS. This will be new for the Carroll players.  Oh, and there will be that long bus ride :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Was Jalen Alexander one of those injured Royals? He had rushed for well over 200 yards against both Westfield and Fishers in the tournament. He only ran it 7 for 19 total yards in this game. If so, that made a huge difference. Looking at stats, HSE had 20 more passing yards and about a 100 more overall rushing yards. Those numbers alone seem to point to an HSE win. What I could not find were turnovers. I did see Carroll scored a TD on a short field after blocking a HSE punt.

Congrats to Carroll. Although I was hoping for a third straight 6A title game for an HCC school, from the stats, it looked like Carroll's defense won that game. They will have their hands full with a Center Grove team that easily dispatched of Cathedral. Most of their players have been there, done that at LOS. This will be new for the Carroll players.  Oh, and there will be that long bus ride :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Was Jalen Alexander one of those injured Royals? He had rushed for well over 200 yards against both Westfield and Fishers in the tournament. He only ran it 7 for 19 total yards in this game. If so, that made a huge difference. 

Congrats to Carroll. Although I was hoping for a third straight 6A title game for an HCC school, from the stats, it looked like Carroll's defense won that game. They will have their hands full with a Center Grove team that easily dispatched of Cathedral. Most of their players have been there, done that at LOS. This will be new for the Carroll players.  Oh, and there will be that long bus ride 🙂

Not sure about Alexander. I was watching the Snider game and switching to Carroll game during breaks. Juist seemed like every other time I switched over there was a player down. . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Was Jalen Alexander one of those injured Royals? He had rushed for well over 200 yards against both Westfield and Fishers in the tournament. He only ran it 7 for 19 total yards in this game. If so, that made a huge difference. 

That's 2.7 yards per carry. Says a lot about the Carroll defense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2022 at 12:46 PM, gonzoron said:

He didn’t say that.

Here is exact quote:

Quote

Carroll defeats HSE and the zebras in the same game to go to state

That directly says their opponents were HSE and the officials. He is saying the officials intentionally made calls against Caroll to help HSE win. How else could you interpret that? If people don't see why this contributes to the abuse of officials we will never be able to overcome this obstacle to retaining younger officials .Officials are never opposed to ANY team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JustRules said:

Here is exact quote:

That directly says their opponents were HSE and the officials. He is saying the officials intentionally made calls against Caroll to help HSE win. How else could you interpret that? If people don't see why this contributes to the abuse of officials we will never be able to overcome this obstacle to retaining younger officials .Officials are never opposed to ANY team.

Game Film, No. 1: Remember the Titans - Niners Nation

what about this guy, he was definitely opposed to the Titans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JustRules said:

Here is exact quote:

That directly says their opponents were HSE and the officials. He is saying the officials intentionally made calls against Caroll to help HSE win. How else could you interpret that? If people don't see why this contributes to the abuse of officials we will never be able to overcome this obstacle to retaining younger officials .Officials are never opposed to ANY team.

I didn't read it as criticism of officials. I just read it that the officials were moving to the State Championship game. I suppose someone with a chip on their shoulder would read criticism into it. Criticism is abuse?? Give me a break.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

I didn't read it as criticism of officials. I just read it that the officials were moving to the State Championship game. I suppose someone with a chip on their shoulder would read criticism into it. Criticism is abuse?? Give me a break.

He didn't say the officials were going to state. He said Carroll defeats the officials. Nice try.

Being critical of a call or calls by disagreeing with them is fine. Fans are biased and will see things how they want to see things. The officials are going to call things as they see them. Maybe they had a bad angle or were out of position or made a decision too quickly. Or maybe they were actually right. Accusing them of intentionally make calls against a team (which is what this quote did) is accusing them of cheating.

Maybe he meant this: Carroll defeats HSE overcoming some unfortunate calls that went against them in the same game to go to state

But he didn't. Words matter. He's had plenty of chances to clarify but instead used a movie reference to support his argument.

BTW...this crew is working a state final this week.

  • Kill me now 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...