Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

To Be or Not To Be

To Be or Not To Be   

75 members have voted

1. 1. Cinderella has ran way past midnight ! You've read the arguments on Indianas post season tournament so what think you ? (trying to keep it simple and votes are anonymous)

• Keep as is ! All in and no seeding.
    • All in with seeding.
    • Qualifier with seeding.
    • Qualifier without seeding.
    • Football and all other sports should not be an extracurricular high school activity.

I was wondering when someone would put a poll out here.  I voted for all in with seeding, but I don't want the entire field seeded.  Seed the top two.  Draw the rest.  In my opinion this option provides the best of both worlds.  It makes the season meaningful, and it gives the poor teams a shot at a favorable draw in the first round.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

I was wondering when someone would put a poll out here.  I voted for all in with seeding, but I don't want the entire field seeded.  Seed the top two.  Draw the rest.  In my opinion this option provides the best of both worlds.  It makes the season meaningful, and it gives the poor teams a shot at a favorable draw in the first round.

I'm with you there. I'd like the top 4 in 8 team sectionals seeded & top 2 in 4 teams seeded & random draw the rest in all in. Almost chose the last option as I lean more on schools focusing just on education and using the European model of clubs for sports. With college NIL and programs like IMG, it seems like it's heading that way. Already have club volleyball & baseball to name a few.

My preference is to seed only the top 2 in eight team sectionals.  That should satisfy the people who hate to see the two best teams meet in early rounds, and it would give the bad teams a chance at drawing another bottom half team in round one.  This would assure that second round games (assuming no upsets) would always include at least 3 of the top 5 teams in the sectional.  But it also allows opportunity for a dark horse to win a game or two, depending on the draw.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 11:01 AM, FinePrint said:

My preference is to seed only the top 2 in eight team sectionals.  That should satisfy the people who hate to see the two best teams meet in early rounds, and it would give the bad teams a chance at drawing another bottom half team in round one.  This would assure that second round games (assuming no upsets) would always include at least 3 of the top 5 teams in the sectional.  But it also allows opportunity for a dark horse to win a game or two, depending on the draw.

🙏 

13 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

Thanks to all who voted ! 

Nearly 9 to 1 like the all in over a qualifier for whatever thats worth... after I posted this, I wish I would have also asked if the debate and/or Monrovia's run changed your thoughts ?  C'est la vie !!

Thanks again !

Didn't change my thoughts.  Would have voted the same either way as, even if a team gets a single win in post season that wasn't per-ordained or expected, it adds a little spice. 

Given that LCC and Pioneer have often ended each others' seasons in the past in sectionals/regionals, and often when both ranked #1 / #2, I always kind of wished for ways to separate on opposite side of the state.  Opposite sides of the bracket will suffice though.