Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A: Carroll vs Center Grove

1 hour ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Never cited it as the main reason I thought Snider would win . See your doing it again . I said the game is In Fort Wayne plus Valpo has to travel 2 hrs , my prediction Snider by 28+ . On a neutral field , I would of picked Snider by 21+.

All predictions go out the window in Friday's weather conditions. To be fair, same can be said for the HSE/Carroll game. 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Dude, come on.  It’s just like with the SEC in college football.  

Not really. There are no other conferences from top to bottom, maybe the Duneland, that are anywhere near similar to the HCC and MIC in terms of enrollments. 

Bad example.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

ONE IPS school plays at the 6A level:  Tech.

When did I say class had anything to do with it? Football inside the circle (IPS) stinks no matter the enrollment. 

Edited by BTF

1 hour ago, PDB26 said:

This is true, but they've often been squaring off against each other in the finals, and Carmel has gone through Penn almost every time it has been a "north" school. I don't think anyone is saying Carmel had an advantage because of their enrollment in those years. 

Chris Geesman = Eric Moore. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Private schools in Indy have a metro area of 2 million to choose from. I don't think Indy Catholics are a good example. 

Center Grove. Good example. But one example isn't good enough in my opinion. You guys keep hitting us with Center Grove. You can't erase the fact that the three largest schools in Indiana have won most of the large division championships. 

Friday's game: Center Grove is Center Grove. It's hard to predict against them. I'll say Trojans by 14. 

Penn, Elkhart, and Lake Central all have 3000+ students with the first 2 being in the top 10 in terms of enrollment.  Crown Point is just shy of 2950. (just one spot down from Brownsburg) Is that not enough students??  If not, how many do you need?

https://legacy.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/quick resources/Enrollments & Classifications/2022-23 2023-24/2022-23 2023-24 Football Alignment.pdf

In addition to CG, I also provided Westfield as an example in a previous post.  They have went to the state finals the previous 2 years, with very little resistance in the northern bracket.  This year its Carroll.  All of these schools are showing its about the program and numbers are not the only variable.  If it were, Lake Central from past years being in the top 5 enrollment would have been much more successful on the gridiron.

Can't use private schools?  Hogwash.  Most of them have have feeders from given parishes.  And the success factor has the successful program punching up and out of their enrollment class.  

Feels like an excuse....

58 minutes ago, BTF said:

Again, one example. Center Grove. Eric Moore could accomplish the same thing at any school in the state that is similar in size or SES. Geography doesn't matter in this case. 

you stated CG's success was recent....I disagreed showing you it has been sustained over time.  You were incorrect with your statement.

12 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Can't use private schools?  Hogwash.  Most of them have have feeders from given parishes.  And the success factor has the successful program punching up and out of their enrollment class.  

Feels like an excuse....

With the exception of Cathedral. If I'm a Catholic parent with a son who has D1 potential, I'm choosing Cathedral first and foremost. If travel is an issue, then I'm going with the team closer by......Roncalli or Chatard. 

I thought Dwenger was an anomaly. Are 95% of Roncalli and Chatard's players from within their feeders? 

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Forgot to mention I was using the Sagarin ratings as a basis for my argument that "inside the Indy donut" schools are struggling badly. 

Chatard and Lutheran are "inside the Indy donut."

Edited by gonzoron

21 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

you stated CG's success was recent....I disagreed showing you it has been sustained over time.  You were incorrect with your statement.

Eric Moore era.......two decades. I think we can move on from "recent." You guys keep bringing up Center Grove. Ok, we get it. Westfield is good, I'll give you that. But I'm citing state championships. Carmel, Warren Central, and Ben Davis own that category with 9 each. The three largest schools. It's not just coincidence, there's more to it. I'm sorry to rain on anyone's parade that "they just work harder and do it better." Center Grove has a long way to go to catch up, but they've certainly bucked the trend. Kudos to Coach Moore and the effort he has given that program over the last 20 years. 

5 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Chatard and Lutheran are "inside the Indy donut."

You guys are exhausting. 

Edited by BTF

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Private schools in Indy have a metro area of 2 million to choose from. I don't think Indy Catholics are a good example

Center Grove. Good example. But one example isn't good enough in my opinion. You guys keep hitting us with Center Grove. You can't erase the fact that the three largest schools in Indiana have won most of the large division championships. 

Friday's game: Center Grove is Center Grove. It's hard to predict against them. I'll say Trojans by 14. 

This statement is very tiresome. There isn't 2 million to choose from with Private schools you can stop with that there isn't even 1/4th of that. Aside from that the 1 Parochial School from Indy in the State Finals (Chatard) lists the elementary schools their players attended (there is a grand total of 2 that didn't attend a Catholic elementary school and one of them was a move in from out of state) so much for 2 million to choose from. That is pretty much BS banter from someone outside of Indianapolis and surrounding counties.

• Like 1
  • Kill me now 1

this is a snooze fest

cowards! arguing about top three teams

who wants to be third bleh

Carroll is the #1 team in the state and 

I am prepared to wrestle anyone of you

on the sidewalks of Indianapolis

This friday

To assert the dominance of my opinion

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

Eric Moore era.......two decades. I think we can move on from "recent." You guys keep bringing up Center Grove. Ok, we get it. Westfield is good, I'll give you that. But I'm citing state championships. Carmel, Warren Central, and Ben Davis own that category with 9 each. The three largest schools. It's not just coincidence, there's more to it. I'm sorry to rain on anyone's parade that "they just work harder and do it better." Center Grove has a long way to go to catch up, but they've certainly bucked the trend. Kudos to Coach Moore and the effort he has given that program over the last 20 years. 

You guys are exhausting. 

If Center Grove wins this weekend that will put them at 5 State Championships only 4 behind Ben Davis, Warren Central, and Carmel. 4 is not a large number to overcome. Especially since right now CG does more Reloading than rebuilding. Center grove over the last 10 years (including this year) has 6 State Championship appearances, Carmel 5, Ben Davis 2, and Warren Central 2.

20 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

This statement is very tiresome. There isn't 2 million to choose from with Private schools you can stop with that there isn't even 1/4th of that. Aside from that the 1 Parochial School from Indy in the State Finals (Chatard) lists the elementary schools their players attended (there is a grand total of 2 that didn't attend a Catholic elementary school and one of them was a move in from out of state) so much for 2 million to choose from. That is pretty much BS banter from someone outside of Indianapolis and surrounding counties.

Thank you for the education. My respect level for Chatard just shot up to my respect level for Dwenger. 

12 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

If Center Grove wins this weekend that will put them at 5 State Championships only 4 behind Ben Davis, Warren Central, and Carmel. 4 is not a large number to overcome. Especially since right now CG does more Reloading than rebuilding. Center grove over the last 10 years (including this year) has 6 State Championship appearances, Carmel 5, Ben Davis 2, and Warren Central 2.

So still just the one example? 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Carmel, Warren Central, and Ben Davis own that category with 9 each. The three largest schools. It's not just coincidence, there's more to it. I'm sorry to rain on anyone's parade that "they just work harder and do it better."

Yeah but 7 of Ben Davis's championships, and 5 of Carmel's championships came back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth–prior to 2003–and nobody could count to 5327(Carmel's current enrollment). No disrespect intended to those programs or anyone old enough to have been involved with those teams or remember those years. 

Edited by PDB26
Punctuation

4 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

You never proved crap about by statement READ IT AGAIN . I said , and I quote GOING BACK 40 years . You provided data for 20 years . So how was I proved wrong ?????? Because in that little mind of yours , you always have to be right . 

If you don’t think 20 years and 200+ games is enough data you’re beyond help my man.

I am right.

3 hours ago, BTF said:

All predictions go out the window in Friday's weather conditions. To be fair, same can be said for the HSE/Carroll game. 

I dunno.  Carroll has a 2+ hour bus ride…according to some, they’ll be down 14 points by kickoff.

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Not really. There are no other conferences from top to bottom, maybe the Duneland, that are anywhere near similar to the HCC and MIC in terms of enrollments. 

Bad example.

Simply talking success and the measuring stick.  

2 hours ago, BTF said:

With the exception of Cathedral. If I'm a Catholic parent with a son who has D1 potential, I'm choosing Cathedral first and foremost. If travel is an issue, then I'm going with the team closer by......Roncalli or Chatard. 

I thought Dwenger was an anomaly. Are 95% of Roncalli and Chatard's players from within their feeders

The answer is yes. The only schools that have feeders though are Ritter, Chatard, Scecina, and Roncalli as they are the only Parochial High Schools that are part of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. Cathedral and Brebeuf Jesuit are Private schools. Cathedral however from 1919 to the 1970's Cathedral was one of the original Parochial schools in downtown Indianapolis prior to the others being built. After closing its doors Alumni saved it, moved it, and made it Private. Many of the feeder schools now held by the other Parochial High Schools have a tradition of legacy students whose parent, grand-parents, great-grandparents etc went to Cathedral and they follow in those footsteps.

There are plenty of kids with D1 potential that have gone to many of the Private/Parochial schools not just Cathedral. The Northeast side of Indianapolis is littered with talent. Cathedral, Chatard, North Central, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, and Heritage Christian all are in rather close proximity of each other. That is the biggest cluster of High Schools in Indianapolis and surrounding areas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BTF said:

So still just the one example? 

I gave you Westfield...they certainly cut through the north the last 2 years like a hot knife through butter.  Does one have to win a championship to be considered one of the teams in the upper echelon of 6A?  

You ignored my comment...I gave you 3 schools with over 3000 students in the north that have been pretty darn quiet over the past few years...and a 4 fourth team at nearly 3000.  If its all about numbers, why are they getting it done in recent history, at least in the north?  Penn, Elkhart and Lake Central.  Crown Point is just shy of 3000.  

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

I dunno.  Carroll has a 2+ hour bus ride…according to some, they’ll be down 14 points by kickoff. 

Hamilton Southeastern was obliterated by injuries during the game and Carroll was not. Was that a testament of Carroll's hard hitting ability? Or was there maybe a contributing factor?