Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A: Carroll vs Center Grove

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

#1 on Carroll is out of control. Time for him to sit for a series or two.

Not so sure about that at THIS point.   He is probably just unaware of the surroundings.   As one who has had Carroll this season...that dude is not  'problem' player.  I.am sure the crew is aware of that.

1 minute ago, Yuccaguy said:

Not so sure about that at THIS point.   He is probably just unaware of the surroundings.   As one who has had Carroll this season...that dude is not  'problem' player.  I.am sure the crew is aware of that.

He’s gotten two dead ball penalties on cheap shots out of bounds in about the last 8 minutes of game time.

• Confused 1

He’s gotten two dead ball penalties on cheap shots out of bounds in about the last 8 minutes of game time.

Again...completely unaware of his surroundings as the Safety.  Neither one was to level of being agregeiuos....just late.  Be serious!

1 minute ago, Yuccaguy said:

So was that also a penalty on the TD rush by #1? 

I mean that easily could have been called as well, but he’s headhunting and he’s going to end up either hurting himself or someone else. He’s come up slowly the last few tackles he’s been in on. He needs to sit. Can’t believe the Carroll coaches haven’t picked up on this nor have the referees taken it into their own hands.

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I mean that easily could have been called as well, but he’s headhunting and he’s going to end up either hurting himself or someone else. He’s come up slowly the last few tackles he’s been in on. He needs to sit. Can’t believe the Carroll coaches haven’t picked up on this nor have the referees taken it into their own hands.

Get your license and show how it should be done....  See ya at the finals in 2025!!!  

Talk to @PHJIrish might HIP ya to you we are!

Edited by Yuccaguy

8 minutes ago, DACNUT said:

Late hit again, wow. Tough kid, but he’s a click late on his hits.

Carroll has been a click late on a lot tonight… blocking, tackling, running, throwing… just about everything you can think of. This game is going just about how everyone thought it would, minus the guys that live up north. 

Just now, Yuccaguy said:

Get your license and show how it should be done....  See ya at the finals in 2025!!!  

I don’t need to be a licensed official to tell when a kid is out of control on the field. One late hit out of bounds while taunting in the process should be a warning, happens a second time…it’s a problem.

1 minute ago, Olympian06 said:

Carroll has been a click late on a lot tonight… blocking, tackling, running, throwing… just about everything you can think of. This game is going just about how everyone thought it would, minus the guys that live up north. 

I got my true north/south state finals game but Carroll looks like the 6th/7th best team CG has played this season…

Yeah, I said it.

• Like 1

I don’t need to be a licensed official to tell when a kid is out of control on the field. One late hit out of bounds while taunting in the process should be a warning, happens a second time…it’s a problem.

Yup...  I'll remember that when I have an Irish game!  I'll make sure Rick and Bill know YOU said so happens then also.  A good talking to  ... in education based athletics... IMO is better than a penalty flag.  Keeps things moving along 

1 minute ago, Olympian06 said:

I remember just short of 3 years ago when some parents at CG were calling for Coach Moore to retire.. not all parents but some were def not happy with him… what’s he do? Just produces 3 straight state championships… crazy! 

Mainly two parents who weren't happy with junior's playing time.  The overwhelming majority of CG folks rallied around him in a big way.

And believe it or not that was 5 years ago.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Yup...  I'll remember that when I have an Irish game!  I'll make sure Rick and Bill know YOU said so happens then also.  A good talking to  ... in education based athletics... IMO is better than a penalty flag.  Keeps things moving along 

I’ll assure you that an Irish player who gets two unsportsmanlike penalties like that is standing on the sideline without a helmet for the rest of the game.