Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A: Carroll vs Center Grove

1 minute ago, Yuccaguy said:

You sure I saw it on TV??

Imagine bragging about not having to pay to attend a high school event….because you’re working it? How tone deaf can one be?

And I’ll assure you that nobody paying to attend such an event is there to see you no matter how much you want to make it about yourself. 

Let's not get too deep onto to the 'what if'.

All I said was that Westfield had a TD in their grasp...missed it. And CG then won in 2021.  I have no idea what would have transpired had Westfield scored and given the ball back to CG.  

Here's what I know. ....dropped TD attempt.   Next play, INT.  Knell down twice.   State Championship 

• Disdain 1

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Imagine bragging about not having to pay to attend a high school event….because you’re working it? How tone deaf can one be?

And I’ll assure you that nobody paying to attend such an event is there to see you no matter how much you want to make it about yourself. 

You are an idiot. Time for you to uphold your earlier comment to 'drop out'..  

Not a brag.  Just a retort to your suggestion that I was sitting at home watching in TV.

Oh. And I can assure you. .  You'd never even notice I was there.  ...the mark of a good official 

Edited by Yuccaguy

Just now, Yuccaguy said:

Let's not get too deep onto to the 'what if'.

All I said was that Westfield had a TD in their grasp...missed it. And CG then won in 2021.  I have no idea what would have transpired had Westfield scored and given the ball back to CG.  

Here's what I know. ....dropped TD attempt.   Next play, INT.  Knell down twice.   State Championship 

You took the game to hypotheticals, not me. I know you officiated the game last year. CG made mistakes in that game as well they resulted in missed opportunities for points. So it wasn’t just Westfield. 

I get it your team of choice didn’t get the W this time around. But it’s poor to talk only about one particular play in that game when we all know no game comes down to a single play. Heck, CG had a kickoff return nullified in the game last year by a very questionable call from your crew. 

I won’t be looking forward to you officiating future CG games. 

Just now, Bash Riprock said:

You took the game to hypotheticals, not me. I know you officiated the game last year. CG made mistakes in that game as well they resulted in missed opportunities for points. So it wasn’t just Westfield. 

I get it your team of choice didn’t get the W this time around. But it’s poor to talk only about one particular play in that game when we all know no game comes down to a single play. Heck, CG had a kickoff return nullified in the game last year by a very questionable call from your crew. 

I won’t be looking forward to you officiating future CG games. 

Trust me.  You WILL see me! 

And not questionable IMO.  If my LJ said it happened ....it happened!

Did the contest come down to a single play?  Perhaps...  but with 3 TO"s in hand of course CG could have overcome the point total.

And when did I say I ever was "rooting" for a particular school?  Heck. I don't even live, pay taxes, have had relatives and a child that even had anything to do with the NACS School Corporation.

9 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Trust me.  You WILL see me! 

And not questionable IMO.  If my LJ said it happened ....it happened!

Did the contest come down to a single play?  Perhaps...  but with 3 TO"s in hand of course CG could have overcome the point total.

And when did I say I ever was "rooting" for a particular school?  Heck. I don't even live, pay taxes, have had relatives and a child that even had anything to do with the NACS School Corporation.

There were several plays in the game that would have absolutely had an impact. That’s not debatable. For you to single out one play in an attempt to diminish CG’s 3 peat tells me plenty. Bottom line, one team didn’t execute at the end, one team did. But lack of execution wasn’t limited to the end of a game…not even close. 

I call BS that you and your crew are models of perfection. If you are human, mistakes occur. 

As an official, why are you even commenting on a game you called?  

Edited by Bash Riprock

Before this thread is completely out of control......

This Center Grove team played dominant football from regionals on. No one at any point in the season played any better. Brownsburg was a worthy #1, and HSE deserved the spot by knocking off the 'Dogs.  But neither of these teams during the regular season were as good as playoff CG.  Play like you've been there.... and that's what CG has done.  Congrats to the Trojans!

• Like 3

Congratulations to Carroll (FW) on a terrific season. Congratulations to Center Grove on what I would call one of their more impressive seasons.

I took a lot of guff for stating that I thought CG would handle Carroll rather easily. It is what it is I only call it as I see it, with Carroll (FW) having that close of a game with Laf. Jeff. (whom Cathedral had beaten rather handily) I felt Center Grove would have no problem with Carroll. It had nothing to do with making the safe pick that didn't even come into my thought process. No matter what HSE was built up to be, they deserved the #1 ranking because they actually beat the #1 team in the regular season. I still am adamant I believe HSE would have lost to Brownsburg by 2 or 3 TD's had Brownsburg's QB (Whitaker) not been injured before halftime and sat the entire half. That being said regardless HSE nor Brownsburg were playing at CG level they had during the playoffs. I know some wanted to bring up CG having a close game with Franklin Central, well FC had a solid defense and their Head Coach Jason West is VERY familiar with CG having coached against them several years at WC.

I will say Coach Moore is the ultimate motivator. He stated one thing himself when he stated Center Grove never was ranked #1 this year. They were the defending State Champs yet never were ranked #1 even when their lone loss at one point was to Louisville Kentucky. You better believe Coach Moore likely motivated his team throughout by using this. He also has been on record as saying they needed the loss to Cathedral to use as a learning tool and motivation. Not just the loss itself but likely the way they lost in a comeback 4th quarter fashion. Another motivational tool to make himself, his coaches, and his players better. One of the more impressive seasons by Coach Moore and his staff and coaching their players to be better. BTW what a call and decision to move Thomeson (SP?) from defense to RB after the loss of Wheat. While Coyle may have been a focus, he totally dominated that game.

Last but not least for future reference players getting hurt has nothing to do with opposing team just hits harder. I truly hate that thinking. Injuries happen and can happen in a multitude of ways which has nothing to do with the physicality or hitting of an opposing team. Injuries can be freak accidents to be honest.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Congratulations to Carroll (FW) on a terrific season. Congratulations to Center Grove on what I would call one of their more impressive seasons.

I took a lot of guff for stating that I thought CG would handle Carroll rather easily. It is what it is I only call it as I see it, with Carroll (FW) having that close of a game with Laf. Jeff. (whom Cathedral had beaten rather handily) I felt Center Grove would have no problem with Carroll. It had nothing to do with making the safe pick that didn't even come into my thought process. No matter what HSE was built up to be, they deserved the #1 ranking because they actually beat the #1 team in the regular season. I still am adamant I believe HSE would have lost to Brownsburg by 2 or 3 TD's had Brownsburg's QB (Whitaker) not been injured before halftime and sat the entire half. That being said regardless HSE nor Brownsburg were playing at CG level they had during the playoffs. I know some wanted to bring up CG having a close game with Franklin Central, well FC had a solid defense and their Head Coach Jason West is VERY familiar with CG having coached against them several years at WC.

This is how I approached looking at game predictions for this game.  I saw Jeff against Harrison and, while Jeff is a good team with plenty of potential, the fact that Carroll struggled to put Jeff away, signaled that Carroll was going to have their work cut out for them to stay competitive in the game.  Center Grove was just way too dominant in so many facets of the game and made great adjustments to shut it off every time Carroll tried something different or something to get back into the game.  At the same time, they did not give Carroll anything to work with.  If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't until the fourth quarter before CG even had a penalty and that one was declined so that Carroll could get the ball.  Don't get me wrong, Carroll was a good team, but CG was not only firing on all cylinders, but quite adaptive in making sure that Carroll couldn't get anywhere close to cruising speed.  

53 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

Congrats to Center Grove, what an amazing season and true definition of dynasty!  I am curious what talent will be back on their team next year?

On offense the QB and TE return as well as the center.  Defense will return a couple linemen and a couple linebackers.  I'm sure there are more but those are off the top of my head.  But the cupboard is full.  JV & freshmen lost only one game between them, the classes are split in middle school but our 8th grade class is loaded, and the Junior Trojans (5th & 6th grade) finished the season undefeated IEFA state champs.

21 minutes ago, Grover said:

On offense the QB and TE return as well as the center.  Defense will return a couple linemen and a couple linebackers.  I'm sure there are more but those are off the top of my head.  But the cupboard is full.  JV & freshmen lost only one game between them, the classes are split in middle school but our 8th grade class is loaded, and the Junior Trojans (5th & 6th grade) finished the season undefeated IEFA state champs.

All true....

What is crazy is that Coach Moore is now starting to coach kids of players from his earliest CG teams.  More are coming around the corner.  Praying for Coach's health and healing so he can continue to coach his 2nd generation of Trojans.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

I have Xfinity but the channel on that guide are not correct.

I watched on my Phone on the ISHAA website. 

Xfinity has it on Channel 29 today.

Edit: It was on 591 yesterday, but that's a roaming channel and isn't there today.

Edited by foxbat

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

I think at this point you just have to trust that it doesn’t matter who comes and goes. CG simply reloads, not rebuilds. 

Discounting middle school because they have 2 middle schools the 24 class had not lost a game since 3rd grade until Trinity this season.

3 hours ago, Grover said:

You missed 1 WR, 1 RB, 3 DL, 3LB’s and Safety. All Juniors except for TE.

4 hours ago, Grover said:

41 minutes ago, HomeCookin said:

You missed 1 WR, 1 RB, 3 DL, 3LB’s and Safety. All Juniors except for TE.

Based on that, the space between Center Grove and the second-best team in 6A is going to be a very big gap.  Cathedral is losing a significant percentage of starters in key positions so will be interesting what other 6A team will give CG any challenge next year.  Great season again Trojans.