Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $2,942.04 of $3,600 target

6A: Carroll vs Center Grove


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I gave you Westfield...they certainly cut through the north the last 2 years like a hot knife through butter.  Does one have to win a championship to be considered one of the teams in the upper echelon of 6A?  

You ignored my comment...I gave you 3 schools with over 3000 students in the north that have been pretty darn quiet over the past few years...and a 4 fourth team at nearly 3000.  If its all about numbers, why are they getting it done in recent history, at least in the north?  Penn, Elkhart and Lake Central.  Crown Point is just shy of 3000.  

Penn is a bad example. It was just a few years ago that they embarrassed Carmel and this year they were leading Cathedral in the 3rd quarter. Elkhart is a brand new school, they won't win state overnight. Someone from the Region will have to tell you why Lake Central is bad. 

And no one ever said it was all about numbers. Numbers is just a major contributing factor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

Once again, immeasurable.

 

 

Could sitting in a bus stagnant for 2 hours, then getting out and playing in wind chill temperatures of 5 degrees have contributed? Just saying. HSE had a lot of injuries that game. Carroll didn't. I dunno, maybe Carroll just hits hard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Injuries are immeasurable? Damn, I thought injuries were injuries… Pretty tangible, not intangible, as you claim. 

Their source and impact on the game was immeasurable.  Too many variables. 

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

Could sitting in a bus stagnant for 2 hours, then getting out and playing in wind chill temperatures of 5 degrees have contributed? Just saying. HSE had a lot of injuries that game. Carroll didn't. I dunno, maybe Carroll just hits hard. 

This’ll piss you off…maybe the grind of the HCC schedule wore HSE down?

3-2-1…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

Could sitting in a bus stagnant for 2 hours, then getting out and playing in wind chill temperatures of 5 degrees have contributed? Just saying. HSE had a lot of injuries that game. Carroll didn't. I dunno, maybe Carroll just hits hard. 

 

6 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Injuries are immeasurable? Damn, I thought injuries were injuries… Pretty tangible, not intangible, as you claim. 

Injuries can happen without a player being hit or hit hard. Twisted ankle, torn MCL/ACL, helmet hits the ground causing a concussion, broken hand / arm putting your hand down. Just because a player got injured doesn't mean the other team hits harder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BTF said:

Penn is a bad example. It was just a few years ago that they embarrassed Carmel and this year they were leading Cathedral in the 3rd quarter. Elkhart is a brand new school, they won't win state overnight. Someone from the Region will have to tell you why Lake Central is bad. 

And no one ever said it was all about numbers. Numbers is just a major contributing factor. 

That is a total made up fabrication. 

image.thumb.png.1fd9355018dc2da589ae612f8786a59d.png

Cathedral led at halftime 14-13 and scored 14 points in the 3rd qtr.

I've already mentioned the Irish leading rusher Carson Johnson 990 yards rushing did not play due to injury, and top TE Brennan Wooten 484 rec yards 8 TD's was out with an injury suffered against Brownsburg.

It was tight early Cathedral took the lead at halftime. The game was never in doubt Cathedral led 35-13 with 10 minutes left in the 4th qtr. Penn scored and got the 2pt conversion with under 2 minutes to go in the 4th qtr making it 35-21. It was never in doubt in the second half.

Onward to Center Grove and FW Carroll.

 

Carroll can be a physical team which is right up Center Grove's alley. They love to get physical but can throw the ball when needed and Coy is an x-factor WR. There will be speed and power from CG more so than HSE. Unfortunately one of the fastest players in the State Wheat will not be playing.

It will be interesting to see what CG's defensive gameplan will be against Carroll. When it comes to offense CG will run the ball until you stop it mixing in some pass. Their bread and butter is the Wing T (these kids have ran it since they were in 2nd grade). They will  line up in some pistol and shotgun and run or pass. Key Offensive player will be Coy in my opinion to keep Carroll honest.  

 

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

 

Injuries can happen without a player being hit or hit hard. Twisted ankle, torn MCL/ACL, helmet hits the ground causing a concussion, broken hand / arm putting your hand down. Just because a player got injured doesn't mean the other team hits harder.

Hendon Hooker agrees…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Can't use private schools?  Hogwash.  Most of them have have feeders from given parishes.  And the success factor has the successful program punching up and out of their enrollment class.  

Feels like an excuse....

Here is the issue I have brought up for years. While enrollment numbers may LOOK the same as far as a number on paper; they definitely are not the same. The focus is off for this discussion. It is not who is in those non public buildings, it is who is NOT in those building that the public schools with the same raw number do have in their buildings. 

As far as who is in each building, the potential numbers of players for non public schools is more on par with schools that are a class above and for some even 2 classes above. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BTF said:

Penn is a bad example. It was just a few years ago that they embarrassed Carmel and this year they were leading Cathedral in the 3rd quarter. Elkhart is a brand new school, they won't win state overnight. Someone from the Region will have to tell you why Lake Central is bad. 

And no one ever said it was all about numbers. Numbers is just a major contributing factor. 

Few years ago and leading in the 3rd quarter…..ok….definition of greatness I guess…..

Confusing as your argument was the top 3 sized schools in the Indy area were winning majority of championships 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2022 at 4:35 PM, FW HS Football said:

Sometimes, having a purpose to play for will get a team through a game or two, when facing a better teams. I think that Friday's game might not be too big for Carroll. Unlike many underdogs playing in their first championship game that might look around and see the bright lights of LOS and not being ready to play. The Charges will have a section of stadium wearing orange (not the Chargers' colors by the way) to remind them they have one more game to play, not only for themselves, but for #13.

Just my take. I've seen many games with inspirational stories end up being lopsided losses, too. Hoping for a Carroll win.

CG's helmets will have a #13 sticker on them Friday night as a tribute to Owen Scheele.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Irishman said:

As far as who is in each building, the potential numbers of players for non public schools is more on par with schools that are a class above and for some even 2 classes above. 

I'm on board with your statement. I've always said its less about school enrollment size and more about roster size.  I have always stated Cathedral should simply remain in 6A, given they are consistently one of the top programs in 6A.  

Didn't do a great job of disagreeing about Indy area private schools not being included in this discussion.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I'm on board with your statement. I've always said its less about school enrollment size and more about roster size.  I have always stated Cathedral should simply remain in 6A, given they are consistently one of the top programs in 6A.  

Didn't do a great job of disagreeing about Indy area private schools not being included in this discussion.  

Cathedral's roster hasn't always been as large as it is now. If you look at their 1992 (3A) roster compared to 1996 (4A) you will be very surprised at the difference. Of course now they have a huge roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BTF said:

Lol, if that makes you feel any better. 

Happy Thanksgiving. 

I really don’t feel that way, just messing with you.

It is however more plausible than injuries being suffered as a result of a two hour bus ride, which I think you were implying (tongue in cheek I hope).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, temptation said:

I really don’t feel that way, just messing with you.

It is however more plausible than injuries being suffered as a result of a two hour bus ride, which I think you were implying (tongue in cheek I hope).

I'm just throwing possibilities out there. Having never been a coach, I don't have any idea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...