Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A: Valparaiso vs Whiteland

I feel like these two teams are extremely identical in playing style. Is that correct? Valpo is just enormous on the lines and uses that to their advantage with a slow paced game. Valpo is very young and playing vergy solid as of late with a late addition at RB. How experienced is Whiteland? Feels like an opening line of Valpo -1.5. No offense to Whiteland, but Valpo is finally catching somewhat of a break in the Finals. The Vikings faced the following offensive juggernauts in their 3 previous visits: 

85: Jeff George

01: James Banks

19: Charlie Spegal

Just now, slice60 said:

I only saw the OT but the Valpo QB made a SportsCenter 9-yard TD run on 4th down. Then they spread 'em out & RB waltzed in for 2pt conv & the win. Congrats to the Valparaiso Vikings!!! Way to represent for the DAC.

My first thought was John Elway in the super bowl. What a play on 4th and goal by that kid. 

I imagine @Piratefan101 is at least 5 shots in somewhere on Broadway Avenue for having to deal with the fact the Valparaiso Vikings are kings of the 5A North and the hated Andrean Fighting '59'ers are heading back to LOS. It's going to be a very painful weekend for Cody. Perhaps Warriors4Life makes an appearance. 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I imagine @Piratefan101 is at least 5 shots in somewhere on Broadway Avenue for having to deal with the fact the Valparaiso Vikings are kings of the 5A North and the hated Andrean Fighting '59'ers are heading back to LOS. It's going to be a very painful weekend for Cody. Perhaps Warriors4Life makes an appearance. 

Dude is 5 shots deep of Mad Dog in his trailer… 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, scarab527 said:

I just want to point out that there were people on this forum LAST WEEK saying that Lutheran could beat Valpo…

How about we watch next weekend play out before we start crapping on teams playing in the state finals…

Edited by temptation

14 minutes ago, BTF said:

Ninety five percent of the time, when a person mentions a state finals team beating a team four classes up from them, they are just trying to ruffle feathers. Appears to be working. 

Not my intent at all.  We all have to admit that 15 days ago, Valpo’s resume was not all that impressive.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Not my intent at all.  We all have to admit that 15 days ago, Valpo’s resume was not all that impressive.

15 days ago Valpo still would’ve beaten Lutheran. I’m not “crapping on” Lutheran at all. I’ve consistently said since this was brought up this is mostly just a testament to how good of a program they’ve built. 

7 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

15 days ago Valpo still would’ve beaten Lutheran. I’m not “crapping on” Lutheran at all. I’ve consistently said since this was brought up this is mostly just a testament to how good of a program they’ve built. 

Fair but resume has to matter.  Lutheran has done everything asked of them this season and relative to the competition they have played (a big difference I know) Lutheran has passed each test with flying colors.

Gotta respect that and throw the little guys a bone every now and again.

The games have to matter otherwise I’d just rotate the same four MIC/HCC teams in the top ten weekly.

Edited by temptation

37 minutes ago, temptation said:

Fair but resume has to matter.  Lutheran has done everything asked of them this season and relative to the competition they have played (a big difference I know) Lutheran has passed each test with flying colors.

Gotta respect that and throw the little guys a bone every now and again.

The games have to matter otherwise I’d just rotate the same four MIC/HCC teams in the top ten weekly.

I said at the time I had no problem with the ranking and agreed that you can’t just rotate the good big schools. But at the same time I think we need to be realistic about what would actually happen in a real game. 

5 hours ago, temptation said:

Maybe not your intent, but there were others. For me, there's not one week during the season where I would have picked Lutheran over Valpo. I might entertain the idea if Lutheran beats AC by 4 touchdowns.  That being said, much respect for 1A football. Putting together a team at level has it's challenges. 

Great highlites of the Valpo/Snider game from WANE. I'm assuming #9 is the Valpo RB that has missed most of the season due to injury. He's big. He and that Valpo O-Line are going to be a for Whiteland's front 7. The QB scramble for a TD on 4th & Goal from the 9 was a miracle. Snider was SO close to bringing him down and sealing the win.

https://www.google.com/search?q=valparaiso+vs.+snider+highlites&oq=valparaiso+vs.+snider+highlites&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i10i160.4794j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:1b63a94d,vid:YgEwTwhvrt8

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

Boilernation,

Probably before your time, but you forgot 1975-  Mark Herrmann.

Yep! Was that considered an upset when Valpo beat Carmel? IIRC, Dullaghan was Carmel's coach and was ticked Carmel had to travel north to Valpo for the State Championship.

Edited by Boilernation