Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A: Bishop Chatard vs Lawrenceburg

Whiskey vs wine, unconsecrated underground water vs consecrated watered down church wine, untucked jerseys vs tucked.  The Tigers need to pull some left over Gibson Southern juice from last year.  Long live the South.....(eye roll, acknowledging a Royal vs Rebel).

EIAC trying to make some noise.

...and not that it matters, but there ain't nothing broken with the all in👅

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Eh, 10-14.  I haven’t been really high on Chatard all season.

Pretty ho-hum year for Chatard resulting in yet another trip to LOS. Cathedral and Roncalli were both on the cusp of potentially program defining seasons leaving ol Chatard in the shadows, Trojans get the last laugh. Still the best pound for pound program in the state in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tango said:

How so? Won in 3A, got moved to 4A and didn't get the points to stay so they came back down.

They play one year in Class 4A, get beat in the sectional championship by Roncalli, now drop back to win their third 3A title in four years.  It is too easy to drop back.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

They play one year in Class 4A, get beat in the sectional championship by Roncalli, now drop back to win their third 3A title in four years.  It is too easy to drop back.

So because they were not good enough to win 4a, but still clobber 3a you think that the success factor is a failure?

Just now, Donnie Baker said:

They were only 4A one season? 

It was an off year realignment due to Covid school enrollment numbers being off.  Chatard just had the good fortune of being moved down this year due to number of teams in 3A/4A

• Like 1

I think @slice60 said it most eloquently back in April:

”Yes, I can explain it. The IHSAA crapped the bed.

Here is how Chatard has fared in the last 25 years (22 of 25 years in 3A, except where noted). Chatard has won the 3A state title in 13 of 22 tournaments over the past 25 years. If that doesn't scream MOVED UP DUE TO SUCCESS FACTOR, I do not know what does.   

97-State Champ

98-State Champ

99-Lost in Sect (Roncalli-State Champ)

00-Lost in Sect (Heritage Hills-State Champ)

01-State Champ

02-State Champ

03-State Champ

04-Reg Champ (Andrean-State Champ)

05-Reg Champ (NorthWood-State Champ)

06-State Champ

07-State Champ

08-Reg Champ (Bellmont-State Champ)

09-Reg Champ (West Laf-State Champ)

10-State Champ

11-State Champ

12-State Champ

13-moved up to 4A, won Sect (Andrean-3A State Champ)

14-moved up to 4A, lost in Sect (Tri West-3A State Champ)

15-State Champ

16-Lost in Sect (FW Concordia-State Champ)

17-Sect Champ (Ev Memorial-State Champ)

18-Reg Champ (West Laf-State Champ)

19-State Champ

20-State Champ

21-moved up to 4A, lost in Sect (Gibson So-3A State Champ) "

I think there was a very real concern that Chatard might run into it's second string of three consecutive non-state champ seasons in eight years and the IHSAA wanted to nip it in the bud. The embarrassment that this kind of perceived downturn in a program as storied as Chatard might lead to the utter collapse of the team, the Chatard community, and, more broadly, the entire 3A class. How would the IHSAA move forward with only five classes of postseason football being viable, while 64 3A teams wander aimlessly from one gridiron to another for a month, sometimes three schools on the same field, occasionally a team stumbling into a different state's playoffs entirely. Something like this could ultimately be the downfall of Indiana football as well know it.

/s

Meanwhile, I believe Dwenger and LCC both stayed up this season, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

They made the sectional championship game.   In any other sectional, they most likely win it and then are forced to stay in 4A. 

Maybe your team should start hitting the weight room now so they can compete next year.

33 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

They made the sectional championship game.   In any other sectional, they most likely win it and then are forced to stay in 4A. 

4A south has been a meat grinder in recent years, especially with the evil cheating Catholics from Evansville playing up.  Pretty tough to stay up up a class in that half of the bracket.

4 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

I think @slice60 said it most eloquently back in April:

”Yes, I can explain it. The IHSAA crapped the bed.

Here is how Chatard has fared in the last 25 years (22 of 25 years in 3A, except where noted). Chatard has won the 3A state title in 13 of 22 tournaments over the past 25 years. If that doesn't scream MOVED UP DUE TO SUCCESS FACTOR, I do not know what does.   

97-State Champ

98-State Champ

99-Lost in Sect (Roncalli-State Champ)

00-Lost in Sect (Heritage Hills-State Champ)

01-State Champ

02-State Champ

03-State Champ

04-Reg Champ (Andrean-State Champ)

05-Reg Champ (NorthWood-State Champ)

06-State Champ

07-State Champ

08-Reg Champ (Bellmont-State Champ)

09-Reg Champ (West Laf-State Champ)

10-State Champ

11-State Champ

12-State Champ

13-moved up to 4A, won Sect (Andrean-3A State Champ)

14-moved up to 4A, lost in Sect (Tri West-3A State Champ)

15-State Champ

16-Lost in Sect (FW Concordia-State Champ)

17-Sect Champ (Ev Memorial-State Champ)

18-Reg Champ (West Laf-State Champ)

19-State Champ

20-State Champ

21-moved up to 4A, lost in Sect (Gibson So-3A State Champ) "

I think there was a very real concern that Chatard might run into it's second string of three consecutive non-state champ seasons in eight years and the IHSAA wanted to nip it in the bud. The embarrassment that this kind of perceived downturn in a program as storied as Chatard might lead to the utter collapse of the team, the Chatard community, and, more broadly, the entire 3A class. How would the IHSAA move forward with only five classes of postseason football being viable, while 64 3A teams wander aimlessly from one gridiron to another for a month, sometimes three schools on the same field, occasionally a team stumbling into a different state's playoffs entirely. Something like this could ultimately be the downfall of Indiana football as well know it.

/s

Meanwhile, I believe Dwenger and LCC both stayed up this season, if I'm not mistaken.

Gibson Southern loses to Owen Valley and this guy wants to cry about Chatard. 

Classic

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Screagle said:

Memorial loves playing Chatard. I guess Memorial has cheated just a little better than Chatard in their matchups. 

I bet they do.  1-3 all time, I think.    Good wins by the Tigers in the last three meetings.  A regular season matchup would be fun (if SIAC could schedule out of conf games).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Gibson Southern loses to Owen Valley and this guy wants to cry about Chatard. 

Classic

Crying? Lmao

GS got beat, I moved on to wrestling the next week. Get a hold of yourself.

Chatard most very likely doesn't even want to be in 3A. I almost guarantee they have a very strong desire to put a 4A trophy on the shelf next to all their 3A hardware. What TF do they have to prove beating the sh*t out of all us rednecks down here in Kentucky?

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, temptation said:

Eh, 10-14.  I haven’t been really high on Chatard all season.

Yea, very evident you didn't like Lawrenceburg by looking at your rankings and posts. Not high on Chatard either. 

Guess that explains why they are playing each other for the 3A championship.