Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A: Bishop Chatard vs Lawrenceburg

10 minutes ago, TheLip2 said:

Yea, very evident you didn't like Lawrenceburg by looking at your rankings and posts. Not high on Chatard either. 

Guess that explains why they are playing each other for the 3A championship.

no, that explanation is simple, they are playing each other for the state championship because Chatard comes out of the north

24 minutes ago, TheLip2 said:

Yea, very evident you didn't like Lawrenceburg by looking at your rankings and posts. Not high on Chatard either. 

Guess that explains why they are playing each other for the 3A championship.

Eh, there are 12 teams left…somebody has to be in those 10-12 slots.

Stop trying to pretend you are outraged.

They don’t play anyone from before Labor Day to after Halloween so they are tough to get a read on.

17 hours ago, Rodney said:

Maybe your team should start hitting the weight room now so they can compete next year.

First of all, I don't "have" a team.    And if you are suggesting that other kids don't work as hard as kids at Chatard do to prepare for a season, you are insulting every hard-working kid in every program in the state.

26 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

First of all, I don't "have" a team.    And if you are suggesting that other kids don't work as hard as kids at Chatard do to prepare for a season, you are insulting every hard-working kid in every program in the state.

This is a complete oversimplification of the situation and you know it. Can we at least agree if parents are shelling out hard earned cash to send their children to school, over and above what the government fleeces out of them for their government schools, that those parents are going to have expectations that perhaps their public school counterparts don’t have?

I have been around a while I don’t believe ANYONE has ever seriously suggested that P/P kids or coaches “work harder”. 

I had a coach one time tell me, if you look at the parents you can usually tell what the kid will be. Typically if the parents are successful odds are their kids will have expectations placed upon them, they have a work ethic, all the intangibles you look for as a coach. Obviously there are exceptions to every rule, but as I’ve gone thru life, there’s some merit to what the coach told me. And I’m certainly not saying P/P’s have the market cornered on kids of this type, but their business model kind of lends itself to it. P/P’s typically punch above their weight. Obviously there are many other factors involved. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

This is a complete oversimplification of the situation and you know it. Can we at least agree if parents are shelling out hard earned cash to send their children to school, over and above what the government fleeces out of them for their government schools, that those parents are going to have expectations that perhaps their public school counterparts don’t have?

I have been around a while I don’t believe ANYONE has ever seriously suggested that P/P kids or coaches “work harder”. 

I had a coach one time tell me, if you look at the parents you can usually tell what the kid will be. Typically if the parents are successful odds are their kids will have expectations placed upon them, they have a work ethic, all the intangibles you look for as a coach. Obviously there are exceptions to every rule, but as I’ve gone thru life, there’s some merit to what the coach told me. And I’m certainly not saying P/P’s have the market cornered on kids of this type, but their business model kind of lends itself to it. P/P’s typically punch above their weight. Obviously there are many other factors involved. 

Boom.  Starts at home, right @Footballking16?

23 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

So if the family is of the proper social status, then the kids will work harder on overall development.    Wow, only in Indiana.

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1
  • Kill me now 1

4 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

So if the family is of the proper social status, then the kids will work harder on overall development.    Wow, only in Indiana.

Sure that’s exactly what I said. Is it the reading or the comprehension? I’m surprised recruiting hasn’t come up yet. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

I understand exactly what you are saying.    We going to have to agree to disagree on this point.

What’s the part of what @Impartial_Observersaid with which you disagree? I thought what he said was not only accurate, it wasn’t particularly controversial. Nature plays a big role, but so does nurture. Social scientists have accepted this for over a century.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stinky, Stink, Stink 1.2..3....

The Tigers are going to Lucas and you can bet, so is STC!

Tiger BL's & Lattes all weekend made it hard to see

I guess we're playing the Catholics from Chatard in Indy!

The mighty Trojans some say they cant be beat

STC will get all those Altar boys drunk, then they'll go down in defeat

STC may need to go repent, but that's going to be awhile cause I haven't been sober and wont till after this event.

Public Schools Forever - Catholic Schools Never!!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StinkTownClown said:

STC may need to go repent, but that's going to be awhile cause I haven't been sober and wont till after this event.

He’s Bacccccccccccccck

2 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

I would say results speak for themselves 13 in 22

21 minutes ago, Bobref said:

What’s the part of what @Impartial_Observersaid with which you disagree? I thought what he said was not only accurate, it wasn’t particularly controversial. Nature plays a big role, but so does nurture. Social scientists have accepted this for over a century.

"if you look at the parents you can usually tell what the kid will be".   I'm just not comfortable with that statement.   Anyway, this is headed down a rabbit hole I don't want to go down.   This is a high school football website not a facebook or a social media platform.   I think Chatard is exploiting weaknesses in the rules, but until changes are made it will be what it is.

• Sit and spin 1

1 minute ago, whiteshoes said:

"if you look at the parents you can usually tell what the kid will be".   I'm just not comfortable with that statement.   Anyway, this is headed down a rabbit hole I don't want to go down.   This is a high school football website not a facebook or a social media platform.   I think Chatard is exploiting weaknesses in the rules, but until changes are made it will be what it is.

Affluence matters…and high school football used to be immune.

No more.

22 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Please God…let Lawrencburg win against the evil cheating Catholics!

The neat thing about Bishop Chatard football is they post their roster with the elementary school each player attended. I think maybe 2 on the entire roster didn't attend a Catholic elementary school.  Apparently the cheating starts with getting to them before they start Kindergarten 😂🤣

https://bishopchatardathletics.org/wp-content/uploads/Football-Roster.pdf

• Like 1

I’m not certain how this became the inevitable P&P “love” thread that shows up this time of year but since Cathedral and Roncalli are gone it seems that Chatard has become the foci (yeah, it’s a word) of all these good vibes.

First, I was as disappointed as anyone when Chatard was moved back down…and I still believe (despite explanations otherwise) the IHSAA was so eager to push Cathedral up to 6A that they moved the timeline up a year and bumped Cathedral prematurely and somehow after all of the fallout….Chatard ends up back in 3A.  Also, despite everyone’s declarations that this was a down year for Chatard, I was hoping for another game against Roncalli….the first one, frankly, could have gone either way.  Yeah, Chatard got mauled by Christian Brothers and Cathedral but against really great teams that can, sadly, happen sometimes.  Chatard played a solid Cincy Elder team (at Elder) within 5 with the only really “bad” game all year being the first Guerin win (in my opinion).  Add that Chatard has been fairly hobbled at key positions at often key times this year.  In other words, they are, in my opinion, a Helluva lot better team than given credit for this year and only now (for some reason) being given the credit due both on the analytics and general opinion in the state.

As to just “why” Chatard keeps showing up in 3A, I believe you can thank the IHSAA on multiple levels.  Primarily though, for the same type of “smart” (read “smart-a$$”) mentality that created Sectional 28 a few years ago.  Lump all the P&P’s together in Sectional and eliminate most all of them early in the playoffs.  It’s all good for a chuckle when every SINGLE 3A P&P South of Mishawaka is gerrymandered into the same Sectional with West Lafayette (an unofficial P&P) because it eliminates one or all of them by Regional.  What a great laugh everyone gets from that.  No matter that the Sectional features what are consistently 4 of the top 8 (often 3 of the top 5) 3A teams each year.

That “smart” solution doesn’t work so well in Sectionals with bumped up teams.  When the ABSOLUTELY inevitable Chatard/Roncalli sectional pairing takes place if Chatard doesn’t win it every year (despite even in a “bad” year Chatard likely still being a top 5 4A team) they have to go back to 3A.  As it has turned out, every time Chatard goes up they catch Roncalli on an up year and lose and/or split the series.  Change that up and Chatard will never go back to 3A.  Keep making that short-sighted, self-satisfying Chatard/Roncalli pairing in Sectional and Chatard will always inevitably go back to 3A because of the nature of them splitting victories in their games.

Some here are now complaining about Chatard being “back down” in 3A stomping on the poor unfortunates.  Wait, what?  Weren’t a LOT of these 3A fans beating their chests just a handful of years ago about 3A being better than 4A (which I would argue that it was at the very top of 3A…I don’t think anybody in 4A touches Chatard in 2019).  Well, which are you?  Victims or victors?  This year it looks like the “victim” card has turned up. 

Also keep in mind 4A has changed again with its great teams that dominated 5A for so many years now back down in 4A and beating up each other enough that it’s hard for them to get back to 5A - like Cathedral, Columbus East and New Palestine did.  Only Cathedral “stuck”.  Surprisingly, Roncalli has never made the bump up.

And White Shoes, please don’t be intentionally obtuse and please stop playing the victim unless you really like playing a rube….nobody is buying it.  Stop taking Rodney (who I consider the new Coach Junction Boy here and appreciate his genius) seriously and at face value or the next time you will find yourself arguing with him about whether phrenology is the best way to select an offensive coordinator or the optimal ratio of water to ice in on-field refreshment.  IO’s comments are an accepted “advantage” of P&P’s and oft cited by Publics as an advantage.  

I’d suggest someone start a separate “I Love P&Ps” thread and let people talk about the game if they want.  I think it’s offensive to Lawrenceburg to make this a Chatard thread rather than give Lawrenceburg (my old HS conference rival along with EC) their due.

Just my opinion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lysander said:

And White Shoes, please don’t be intentionally obtuse and please stop playing the victim unless you really like playing a rube….nobody is buying it.  Stop taking Rodney (who I consider the new Coach Junction Boy here and appreciate his genius) seriously and at face value or the next time you will find yourself arguing with him about whether phrenology is the best way to select an offensive coordinator or the optimal ratio of water to ice in on-field refreshment.  IO’s comments are an accepted “advantage” of P&P’s and oft cited by Publics as an advantage.  

Just my opinion.

thanks, but just for clarification I do not believe in ice water.

• Haha 1

Unpopular opinion forthcoming (just delete or keep scrolling on if you don't like what you read):

The lines between "Public Schools Forever - Catholic Schools Never!!!" are becoming increasingly blurry. I don't think I necessarily cast blame- in order to "keep up with the Jones's" and compete at the State level (in any sport really, not just isolated to football)- more and more PUBLIC schools are "reaching" outside their school districts (ala "transfers/recruits") to plug holes of positions in need or just bolster their line-ups. 

We all know it/have seen it to be true. Don't shoot the messenger here fellas

Still doesn't fix the "effective enrollment" advantage of P/P's- and it's still an uphill climb no doubt, but certain public's have found a loophole in the force. 

• Like 1

I echo @Lysander’s comments. I have some thoughts I would like to add, but that is unfair to Lawrenceburg and Coach Knigga, as well as BC and Coach Doyle, who have earned the right for this matchup to occur. 

That said, this game is the one I am most curious to see. 6A is just a foreign concept to us south of I-64, and I have followed much of the 2A, 4A, and 5A tournament as a fan of SIAC football. Not many of the 3A south ‘big games’ have been streamed, so this Saturday will be the first time I will get to see what 3A has to offer this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

100%

@whiteshoesdoesn’t want to “go down that rabbit hole.” But no one can deny the rabbit hole exists.

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Cali23 said:

I bet they do.  1-3 all time, I think.    Good wins by the Tigers in the last three meetings.  A regular season matchup would be fun (if SIAC could schedule out of conf games).

So close to having a non-conference game in the SIAC if the PAC admins didn't hate VL.

On 11/19/2022 at 11:31 AM, Esso Ayche said:

I think there was a very real concern that Chatard might run into it's second string of three consecutive non-state champ seasons in eight years and the IHSAA wanted to nip it in the bud. The embarrassment that this kind of perceived downturn in a program as storied as Chatard might lead to the utter collapse of the team, the Chatard community, and, more broadly, the entire 3A class. How would the IHSAA move forward with only five classes of postseason football being viable, while 64 3A teams wander aimlessly from one gridiron to another for a month, sometimes three schools on the same field, occasionally a team stumbling into a different state's playoffs entirely. Something like this could ultimately be the downfall of Indiana football as well know it.

/s

Meanwhile, I believe Dwenger and LCC both stayed up this season, if I'm not mistaken.

With the off-cycle realignment due to Covid/uncertain enrollment figures, Chatard only spent 1 year back up in 4A after losing in the 4A Sectional to Roncalli. If I understand this correctly, LCC (2A Sectional Champion in 2021 & 2022) should stay up in 2A while FW Dwenger (5A Sectional Champion only in 2021) may drop back down to 4A next year.

From the April 11 IHSAA Media Release:

Additionally, with the pandemic delaying reclassification for a year but the Tournament Success Factor still being applied, discussion continued on what to do with schools playing in a higher classification. The IHSAA Executive Committee has determined that the eight schools who earned at least one point this school year (2021-22) to continue playing in a higher classification due to the Tournament Success Factor, will be reevaluated after the 2022-23 school year and adjusted accordingly. Schools who failed to earn a point during the 2021-22 school year while playing in a higher class were returned to the next lower class for the next two years. This was to prevent schools from playing three consecutive years in a higher classification when their tournament results do not merit that placement. Those eight schools include Fort Wayne Canterbury in boys soccer; South Bend St. Joseph in girls soccer; Barr-Reeve and Yorktown in volleyball; Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger and Lafayette Central Catholic in football and Fort Wayne Blackhawk Christian in boys basketball.

22 hours ago, StinkTownClown said:

Does this mean the Ole StinkTownClown is going Soft with a capital "s" on us?!?! We need to get @Donnie Bakerto pull the corn cob out of your @$$ and get you back to normalcy (I am sure he will tell you right to your face). 😂

Laughing GIFs | Tenor