Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A: Bishop Chatard vs Lawrenceburg

23 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

So if the family is of the proper social status, then the kids will work harder on overall development.    Wow, only in Indiana.

If you really can't understand the demographic difference between public and private schools, I suggest you sign up to be a substitute at a couple nearby public schools for a couple reasons. One, they probably are in dire need of subs and two, it will not take long for your eyes to be opened.

• Like 1

No predictions but, to an extent, it’s the game I’ve wanted to see for years.  My EIAC football heritage/rival vs. the HS where my kids played football.

Personally, I’d like nothing better than the game to be played in Lawrenceburg where I, frankly, took years of shellackings.

The absolute coolest HS field in SE Indiana. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, cloudofdust said:

If you really can't understand the demographic difference between public and private schools, I suggest you sign up to be a substitute at a couple nearby public schools for a couple reasons. One, they probably are in dire need of subs and two, it will not take long for your eyes to be opened.

Trust me, I understand the difference between public and private schools.   Doesn't mean I have to like it.   And as far as teaching, wanted to be a history teacher when I went to college only to be told that there were no jobs available, so became an accountant.    Would love to teach kids both but due to age (70) and some medical issues, it is not possible.

Since there are no direct head to head opponents take this for what it is worth. (National rankings from Calpreps are in parenthesis): 

East Central 38 (#226) vs Lawrenceburg 3 (#845)

East Central 24 (#226) vs Roncallli 21 (#221) (OT)

Roncalli 17 (#221) vs Chatard 14 (#525) (on a FG with 8 seconds left)

Chatard 16 (#525) vs Cincinnati Elder 21 (#112)

Roncalli 23 (#221) vs Cincinnati Elder 24 (#112)

Chatard's losses have come against the #65 (Christian Brothers), #110 (Cathedral), #112 (Cincinnati Elder) and #221 (Roncalli) ranked teams in the nation.

Lawrenceburg has lost to #226 (East Central)

Lawrenceburg’s highest ranked win is against #2324 Southridge

Chatard has beaten #645 (Brebeuf), #1001 (West Laf), and #1885 (Guerin 2x)

I hope it is  a good game because that would be fun to watch but I’m not so sure I’d wager money on Lawrenceburg being within 2 touchdowns when the final horn sounds. I wanted to say 4 TD’s but that might cause a fight.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Just a dad said:

Since there are no direct head to head opponents take this for what it is worth. (National rankings from Calpreps are in parenthesis): 

Chatard's losses have come against the #65 (Christian Brothers), #110 (Cathedral), #112 (Cincinnati Elder) and #221 (Roncalli) ranked teams in the nation.

I hope it is  a good game because that would be fun to watch but I’m not so sure I’d wager money on Lawrenceburg being within 2 touchdowns when the final horn sounds. I wanted to say 4 TD’s but that might cause a fight.

I see where you’re coming from, and I definitely think Lawrenceburg is underdog here, but that East Central game was just a terrible display for the Lawrenceburg program. Even the Taylor and Milan games didn’t look very good at all. Tremendous improvement came as they figured it out over the next few weeks. They have blown out every team by at least 24 points since those first three games where they figured themselves out, and I don’t know how far they can stretch that because of the lack of great competition, but I do know that they are much better than a 35 point loss to EC.

9 hours ago, Just a dad said:

Good stuff.

10 hours ago, Just a dad said:

Unfortunately, when in 3A, if you make it to state that means you have the privilege of getting beat by Chatard.  But, as a buddy of mine at Heritage Hills says, "at least I can say the guy I lined up across from now plays for the Dallas Cowboys and I gave him all he wanted".

With that said, they can be beat, but out of 9 times, we have only done it once.  Some of those games, in our glory days, were heartbreakingly close.

• Haha 1

I can't speak for Lawrenceburg, but I wonder if this year seems kind of ironic - to be playing in Lukas Oil?? Surely with a ND recruit and the Yoon kid at QB and the stellar WR they had, along with all others, they have to of had that class pegged to be playing for a State Championship?? Only for it to happen the year after?? 

I know nothing of Chatard this year, - their history suggest they will be very good. 

5 minutes ago, jets said:

I can't speak for Lawrenceburg, but I wonder if this year seems kind of ironic - to be playing in Lukas Oil?? Surely with a ND recruit and the Yoon kid at QB and the stellar WR they had, along with all others, they have to of had that class pegged to be playing for a State Championship?? Only for it to happen the year after?? 

I know nothing of Chatard this year, - their history suggest they will be very good. 

Does Lawrenceburg have an ND recruit this year?  

4 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Unfortunately, when in 3A, if you make it to state that means you have the privilege of getting beat by Chatard.  But, as a buddy of mine at Heritage Hills says, "at least I can say the guy I lined up across from now plays for the Dallas Cowboys and I gave him all he wanted".

With that said, they can be beat, but out of 9 times, we have only done it once.  Some of those games, in our glory days, were heartbreakingly close.

Err….unless you are Memorial, they tend to take care of that unpleasant “Chatard business” in SemiState……..unfortunately.

6 hours ago, Lburg3Peat said:

I see where you’re coming from, and I definitely think Lawrenceburg is underdog here, but that East Central game was just a terrible display for the Lawrenceburg program. Even the Taylor and Milan games didn’t look very good at all. Tremendous improvement came as they figured it out over the next few weeks. They have blown out every team by at least 24 points since those first three games where they figured themselves out, and I don’t know how far they can stretch that because of the lack of great competition, but I do know that they are much better than a 35 point loss to EC.

I personally put very little weight on game 1 of the season for a team that lost the major pieces that Lawrenceburg lost from last year's team.  It takes time for new starters to get experience and a team to gel together.  I think Chatard was in the same position this year.  To your point, it looks like Lawrenceburg has been firing on all cylinders lately.  I'm not sure who will win this game, but I would be shocked if this was a blow out by either team.  Safe travels to all Lawrenceburg fans coming to Indy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jets said:

You are correct. Most around here, including myself, believed it would be more of a rebuild year. But they did return seven starters on defense and still have a lot more to work with. They looked lost without Yoon and Patel for the first three games, but they came together and have put on a show ever since, surprising everyone.

8 hours ago, jets said:

I might be crazy, but I think this year's team is legitimately better than last. The individual parts might not look as good, but the sum of the parts seems to be better. Nothing against last year's team - they lost to the eventual state champ by 2 points in the regional.

Another note, and clearly this is a personal opinion that will not be popular in some circles, but they simply threw too much last year. They were over reliant on a QB who was gifted as an athlete, but didn't seem to be able to get over the hump with decision making despite being a 4-year starter. Imagine this year's running attack with Yoon's passing ability when you need a big play or the defense is stacking the box.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, TheLip2 said:

I might be crazy, but I think this year's team is legitimately better than last. The individual parts might not look as good, but the sum of the parts seems to be better. Nothing against last year's team - they lost to the eventual state champ by 2 points in the regional.

Totally understand what you are saying.  I’ve witnessed it too many times.  The team after the team with loads of talent surpasses that prior team.

Edited by Lysander

Stinky, Stink, Stink 1.2..3...

Even the Pope is a Tiger Fan this week!

STC and the Pope go way back you see

He even told STC he my crush a latte when they beat BC!!!

Buckle up Pope Francis and you will drink, cause we got a 30 rack for just you and STC!

Tiger BL's & Tiger Latte's FOREVER - Fake Wine NEVER!!!

Pope Francis and the Eye of the Tiger| National Catholic Register

• Haha 3

So I had to go to Calpreps to get a projection tool that works on the ipad so here is some worthless info that I dug up to fill my time between now and Saturday.

Lawrenceburg 10 vs East Central 28

Lawrenceburg 21 vs New Prairie 22

Lawrenceburg 14 vs Roncalli 27

Chatard 20 vs East Central 24

Chatard 27 vs New Prairie 20

Chatard 19 vs Roncalli 21

Lawrenceburg 17 vs Chatard 24

Looks like either of these teams could be competitive in 4A