Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A: Bishop Chatard vs Lawrenceburg

On 11/22/2022 at 8:06 PM, TheLip2 said:

I might be crazy, but I think this year's team is legitimately better than last. The individual parts might not look as good, but the sum of the parts seems to be better. Nothing against last year's team - they lost to the eventual state champ by 2 points in the regional.

Another note, and clearly this is a personal opinion that will not be popular in some circles, but they simply threw too much last year. They were over reliant on a QB who was gifted as an athlete, but didn't seem to be able to get over the hump with decision making despite being a 4-year starter. Imagine this year's running attack with Yoon's passing ability when you need a big play or the defense is stacking the box.

My personal opinion is that Chatard is pretty tough against the run.  If Lawrenceburg is to have sustained success on offense, they are going to have to throw the ball.  

1 hour ago, Sports Freak20 said:

My personal opinion is that Chatard is pretty tough against the run.  If Lawrenceburg is to have sustained success on offense, they are going to have to throw the ball.  

Even that's going to be tough.  West Lafayette averaged just under seven TDs a game, with almost 3 TDs a game passing and with a total of six INTs for the whole season.  Chatard held them to a 61 yards passing, a field goal, and had five picks.

1 minute ago, foxbat said:

Even that's going to be tough.  West Lafayette averaged just under seven TDs a game, with almost 3 TDs a game passing and with a total of six INTs for the whole season.  Chatard held them to a 61 yards passing, a field goal, and had five picks.

Good point, and I agree.  Chatard's defense has really stepped up its game these past few weeks.  

4 hours ago, foxbat said:

I believe that the field goal was the product of a Chatard turnover inside the 10 near the end of the 1st Half rather than any type of sustained drive by WL.

Just now, Lysander said:

I believe that the field goal was the product of a Chatard turnover inside the 10 near the end of the 1st Half rather than any type of sustained drive by WL.

Started with a drive by WL, they turned it over on downs and Chatard turned it back over on the next play if I remember correctly 

I’m really curious how Lawrenceburg will choose to play defense. It looks like they like to play man-to-man with some cover zero.  BC has 4 kids with 49+ catches and the QB has completed 68% of his passes. Guerin tried to play this way in the playoffs and that score was very lopsided. Has Lawrenceburg faced a team that can throw the ball this well?

4 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

I’m really curious how Lawrenceburg will choose to play defense. It looks like they like to play man-to-man with some cover zero.  BC has 4 kids with 49+ catches and the QB has completed 68% of his passes. Guerin tried to play this way in the playoffs and that score was very lopsided. Has Lawrenceburg faced a team that can throw the ball this well?

I'm sorry, I'm dumb. What's the difference between Cover 0 and man-to-man? I was just a lineman.

36 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

The only team that Lawrenceburg saw close to that level of passing was East Central at just a tad over 80% completion.  They lost that game 38-3.  Next closest teams were the likes of Connersville, Monrovia, and Southridge around 50%.

1 hour ago, Esso Ayche said:

With man you can have safety help over top.

Also known as "Cover 1." Man is basically describing what the non-safeties do... Cover 0 (everyone including safeties are in man), Cover 1 (all but one defender is in man, the safety), Cover 2 (all but two defenders are in man, two safeties), etc...

9 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Also known as "Cover 1." Man is basically describing what the non-safeties do... Cover 0 (everyone including safeties are in man), Cover 1 (all but one defender is in man, the safety), Cover 2 (all but two defenders are in man, two safeties), etc...

This is not accurate on Cover 2. In Cover 2 the safeties are in deep coverage splitting the field in half, The corners cover the flats, corners and LB's are playing zone underneath. Cover 5 would be the coverage to have 2 deep safeties covering half the field and the CB's and LB's playing man coverage.

3 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

This is not accurate on Cover 2. In Cover 2 the safeties are in deep coverage splitting the field in half, The corners cover the flats, corners and LB's are playing zone underneath. Cover 5 would be the coverage to have 2 deep safeties covering half the field and the CB's and LB's playing man coverage.

Depends if you're playing Man or Zone under the safeties. 

Just now, Olympian06 said:

Irish Dad’s comment has been deleted.  So the comments and such don’t make sense now. Haha.  

what has the  world come to, that boomer is the go to insult for someone.

(someone who claims to have children in highschool)

14 minutes ago, Rodney said:

what has the  world come to, that boomer is the go to insult for someone.

(someone who claims to have children in highschool)

That guy doesn’t have a kid in high school.  I would say his son was on the team but never saw any playing time. He just rode the coat tail of his son being on the team.