Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A: Bishop Chatard vs Lawrenceburg

33 minutes ago, Moonpie29 said:

Thanks.  I think all programs like having veteran players that are Sophomores (Noah Knigga)…it will be very interesting to watch him continue to develop over the next couple of years. 
I’ve never received a paycheck to coach football so any second guessing is usually based on beer arrogance and limited knowledge.  I trust the coaches here in the Burg…lot of W’s over the past 10 years. 

Did they let Stinky Stink the Clown out of Indy or is he still in hiding?

image.png.8b712e1fda141842df5a88aec47ccc31.png

49 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

@Moonpie29I hope I didn’t come across as trying to out coach a very successful coach. I was just really curious and your explanation makes perfect sense. Thanks and, as @TheDoctor22 said, congrats on a great season.

Now, how about a scouting report on Lawrenceburg for next season?

No, not at all, and thank you.  Still a lot of buzz around town, proud of the team.  No good scouting report until you see which up and comers grow/mature over the off season.  Obviously, Bennett should see the majority of carries and I do think Ahaus will throw more....current players coming back and some JV talent should give our QB some targets to throw to.....but we'll let the run set up those pass plays first.

3 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Did they let Stinky Stink the Clown out of Indy or is he still in hiding?

image.png.8b712e1fda141842df5a88aec47ccc31.png

Rumor has it the STC was last seen westbound and down on I-70, loaded up and....well, just loaded. Destination St. Louis and the Anheuser-Busch Brewery.  Other rumors have him renting a back room at Jiggles for a few nights.  I cannot confirm or deny either of these rumors, or any others that might be out there.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Lysander said:

History might say, “Pot meet kettle” as regards Chatard passing the ball - or, more accurately, not passing the ball.  Chatard won 7 State Championships between 2003-2013 under Coach Lorenzano arguably being the MOST one dimensional team in the State.  I can recall a Regional game in 2009 v. Batesville where he threw the ball once near the end zone and it was intercepted and almost returned for a TD.  It was the last pass of the game (maybe the only one).

He had 2 backs with over 200 running yards each that game.  That system worked well for Coach L.  Coach Doyle has really changed it up these days at Chatard.

With regard to Lawrenceburg, they graduated an incredibly talented QB/receiver duo just last year.

Agreed 100% it wasn't too long ago that you had Chatard (with Coach Lorenzano) and Roncalli (with Coach Scifres) that ran the ball until you stopped it and occasionally threw a pass. I still have visions of the Roncalli power toss that they would run at you relentlessly with 6 different ways to block it! They were not the only teams with primary run offense. Warren Central under Kevin Wright (talk about a dominant run game just ask @BobrefI think Desmond Tardy extended his crews officiating career by 3 years keeping them in shape against Penn), Sheridan was run heavy, Monrovia (with the belly offense with Coach Hutchins he had a ton of experience with that offense from Coach Harpold), Center Grove (Coach Moore's Wing T it's only been recently they have been throwing the ball around a bit more). 

Modern offense is definitely the way of spread offense and run pass option. Being able to throw the ball is great some years, when the weather gets bad in October and November some years running the ball is a must. Snow and rain are great to have a run game, but really this year we had a couple of tournament dates where the wind didn't lend well to the passing teams (Regionals and Semi-State). In some cases sticking with a run game would have benefited teams that lost in the Semi-State. Now when you get into Lucas Oil with perfect weather you can have both passing and running, but most teams will just stick with what got them there.

• Haha 1