Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A: Andrean vs Mater Dei

3 hours ago, LuersLurker said:

I live in South Carolina.  Can I still watch them?

You can watch online here:  https://www.ihsaatv.org/    Not certain about the cost. 

image.png.53f6550989862860080a32646627a1c2.png

Locally, Bally's shows all 6 Indiana State Championship games for free on Spectrum Cable but no idea about outside the local network.

You can  also find the IHSAA Champions Network on Roku, Google TV, Firestick and other streaming services.

18 hours ago, LuersLurker said:

Wish I could watch this game, but with the IHSAA having PPV, looks like I will have to skip it.  Not a great way to promote Indiana High School Sports.

I thought state finals were always streamed free on the website.   Did that change this year? 

29 minutes ago, AW0352 said:

I thought state finals were always streamed free on the website.   Did that change this year? 

On a delayed basis. I believe the free streaming stopped in 2019. And before that for a few years it was only available live outside the Indy viewing area.

Edited by gonzoron

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

On a delayed basis. I believe the free streaming stopped in 2019. And before that for a few years it was only available live outside the Indy viewing area.

I was incorrect. The pay per view for streaming of the State Finals began this year. In the past it was available, just possibly not Live depending on where you lived.

On 11/21/2022 at 12:48 AM, slice60 said:

2021 Andrean vs Mater Dei

2022 Andrean vs Mater Dei

2023 Andrean vs Mater Dei???

Yawn.

Gotta love the success factor really doing its jo....oh nevermind.

Feels like I'm back in the years 09-12 watching LCC and Luers win the 1A and 2A title every freakin year only now its Lutheran and Andrean instead.

24 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

13 minutes ago, Tippy said:

It's only boring to some people because their team didn't win.  Nobody ever says anything about Center Grove going for their 3rd in a row.

Western Boone 2018-2020 has entered the chat.

(To clarify) I have no issues with this. But if it were Bishop Western or St. Boone, they would be talked about completely different. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 5:55 PM, LuersLurker said:

Wish I could watch this game, but with the IHSAA having PPV, looks like I will have to skip it.  Not a great way to promote Indiana High School Sports.

It's not very expensive for a former Catholic school teacher anyhow.  🙂

Edited by Robert

10 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

(To clarify) I have no issues with this. But if it were Bishop Western or St. Boone, they would be talked about completely different. 

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tippy said:

It's only boring to some people because their team didn't win.  Nobody ever says anything about Center Grove going for their 3rd in a row.

That's because Center Grove is in 6A. The only way to stop them from winning another state championship would be to tell them they can't be in the tournament. These other teams can be bumped up and werent this last reclassification so its a little annoying is all. 

44 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Feels like I'm back in the years 09-12 watching LCC and Luers win the 1A and 2A title every freakin year only now its Lutheran and Andrean instead.

What about freakin' 2016-2018 when it was Pioneer? Or freakin' 2018-2020 when it was WeBo? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

You're completely right people wouldn't have been as impressed. The fact that a public school did it makes it very impressive because it never happens these days in the lower classes. I'm not saying it isn't impressive for a private school because it is. Its hard no matter who you are to reload and have a state team multiple years in a row, but it happens so much with private schools so everyone sees it just as another boring couple years that a private was able to dominate again.

24 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

It was only 3 years in a row so doesn't equate to my example lol, also like I said above they were public schools so it was cool because it never happens anymore in the lower classes.

ew

maybe your public schools should practice harder and get good

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/20/2022 at 11:48 PM, slice60 said:

2021 Andrean vs Mater Dei   (1)

2022 Andrean vs Mater Dei  (2)

2023 Andrean vs Mater Dei???  (3?)

Yawn.

For those mathematically challenged, SHOULD this scenario play out, it would be magical "3 years in a row" which seems to be the acceptable norm among posters...

26 minutes ago, Wildcat1992 said:

So what's the game plan to slow down Bowen?  Double Clacks and load up the box to stop the run?

Hope he misses the bus?  😁

Loading the box to attempt to stop the run seems highly likely...and then hope to put enough pressure on QB for some errant throws...stay tuned...

Edited by MDAlum82

1 hour ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

It was only 3 years in a row so doesn't equate to my example lol, also like I said above they were public schools so it was cool because it never happens anymore in the lower classes.

Yeah ... the previous time it happened with public schools in 1A was ... wait for it ... the four seasons right before LCC had their four-year run.  Sheridan went to LOS for four consecutive seasons, going 3-1, from 2005-2008.  LCC's run was 2009-2012.  Interestingly, Sheridan bookended their run by ending LCC's season in 2005 and 2008.

18 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Grown men who know the truth will continue to lobby for P&Ps to stay in their enrollment class and claim it is "fair"....every year I just can't wrap my head around that.

Gibson Southern should be thankful that the success factor did it's job and cleared out all those highly advantaged P/P schools from 3A last year.

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1