Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A: Andrean vs Mater Dei

Coach Skinner throwing before half deep in own territory... great call   LOL!!!

1 minute ago, BigCatFootball said:

That was pure definition of targeting. Announcers act like nothing happen and Bowen is lucky to still be in the game right now

Totally agree!!   How more obvious does it need to be!!   Should be GONE

11 minutes ago, BigCatFootball said:

That was pure definition of targeting. Announcers act like nothing happen and Bowen is lucky to still be in the game right now

Looked bad in real time and looked even worse in slow-mo ... I'm surprised that kid got up as quickly as he did.

Note to MD coach:  Even if you excited, don't hit your player on the head after he's taken a shot like that.

My take on the two ‘tough’ calls.

Offensive pass interference against MD. WR aims at defender and hits him. WR’s hands are not in a running or catching position. Clearly his hands are in a shove position. Tough call but I see why it was a penalty. 

Defenseless player? Is that what it called? I thought the call was targeting in NFHS but no ejection like NCAA? It’s a tough call with the speed and size of the players. However it was a penalty without a doubt, IMO. Next year #34 would miss the second half. He would be advised to study the hit of his teammate on #2 from MD on the crossing route. That is how you play the man to break up a pass. 

2 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

My take on the two ‘tough’ calls.

Offensive pass interference against MD. WR aims at defender and hits him. WR’s hands are not in a running or catching position. Clearly his hands are in a shove position. Tough call but I see why it was a penalty. 

Defenseless player? Is that what it called? I thought the call was targeting in NFHS but no ejection like NCAA? It’s a tough call with the speed and size of the players. However it was a penalty without a doubt, IMO. Next year #34 would miss the second half. He would be advised to study the hit of his teammate on #2 from MD on the crossing route. That is how you play the man to break up a pass. 

Both good calls. On the OPI, the slot receiver blocked downfield before the wideout caught the pass. The personal foul should have included the “targeting” signal. Targeting is not an automatic ejection in high school. But it was clearly a blow to the head of a defenseless player.

Andrean just getting out-executed at pretty much every position on the field.

• Like 1