Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A: Adams Central vs Lutheran

Just so dang proud of these Jets. Regardless of the outcome Saturday, they've accomplished so much these past 2 years. Lutheran is better than last year and our Jets may not be as talented this year as last. Hope the Jets play hard and let the chips fall where they may. Would like to play in our home Reds this time.

9 hours ago, slice60 said:

2021 Adams Central vs Lutheran

2022 Adams Central vs Lutheran

2023 Adams Central vs Lutheran???

Yawn.

We shall see. Definitely know AC will be 2A in 24 regardless if success factor came into play. Amazing how many students we have gained in the past 5-10 years. Hard to find a house or property to buy anymore that's affordable. 

On 11/18/2022 at 10:50 PM, Basementbias said:

Just so dang proud of these Jets. Regardless of the outcome Saturday, they've accomplished so much these past 2 years. Lutheran is better than last year and our Jets may not be as talented this year as last. Hope the Jets play hard and let the chips fall where they may. Would like to play in our home Reds this time.

I'm not so sure that I'd say Lutheran is better than last year. #10 is a great passer, but when a team loses players like Clay and Pasch I'd have a hard time saying that they are better. I'd also hesitate to say that AC isn't as talented this year. They are just a different team. Idk if I'd say they're "better" or "worse" than last year. They're stronger, bigger and tougher up front, but not as fast in the back end or in the backfield. The matchup may not be as favorable in some ways for the Jets considering the secondary, but I think we match up better with them up front and Black is a much better QB/leader this year vs. last. I'm expecting a very similar game to last year's. It should be another great one. Jets by 7!

1 hour ago, FlyingHigh said:

I'm not so sure that I'd say Lutheran is better than last year. #10 is a great passer, but when a team loses players like Clay and Pasch I'd have a hard time saying that they are better. I'd also hesitate to say that AC isn't as talented this year. They are just a different team. Idk if I'd say they're "better" or "worse" than last year. They're stronger, bigger and tougher up front, but not as fast in the back end or in the backfield. The matchup may not be as favorable in some ways for the Jets considering the secondary, but I think we match up better with them up front and Black is a much better QB/leader this year vs. last. I'm expecting a very similar game to last year's. It should be another great one. Jets by 7!

Hope you're right! Definitely going to have to put wrinkles in the offense this game or it will be similar to the 2nd half last year. Lutheran did a good job of boxing their ends in the 2nd half and taking control of the momentum. 

6 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Why is that relevant?

I've found that most people who speak like this don't have much experience with the private/parochial/whatever schools that play tough competition in a city.  I see it says Triton, so you might be that same guy from Facebook that talks about private schools in a way that is less than friendly.

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

I've found that most people who speak like this don't have much experience with the private/parochial/whatever schools that play tough competition in a city.  I see it says Triton, so you might be that same guy from Facebook that talks about private schools in a way that is less than friendly.

You cheer for who you want and I will cheer for who I want!

3 minutes ago, Robert said:

It's unfortunate that assumptions are made about people who reside in rural areas.  Yes, I live in a rural setting.  But I'm highly educated and know a fair bit about private education.  I will not speak poorly of private schooling, but I do enjoy seeing public schools overcome their disadvantages to beat similar-sized private schools.

• Like 4

Tuesday morning, and this topic is already off the rails.

Here's my viewer's guide for Saturday morning:  If you watch replays on the jumbotron and continually see AC's #78 & #79 in the frame, the Jets are winning.  If you don't see #78 & #79 in the replay, the Saints are winning.  I think it's going to be that simple.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

Tuesday morning, and this topic is already off the rails.

Here's my viewer's guide for Saturday morning:  If you watch replays on the jumbotron and continually see AC's #78 & #79 in the frame, the Jets are winning.  If you don't see #78 & #79 in the replay, the Saints are winning.  I think it's going to be that simple.

79 is a freshman that doesn't usually start on defense but does come in frequently. I agree though that it's going to come down to AC's D line play as well as their secondary being able to hold up. The big question mark is how successful AC'S offense will be. Will it be like the 1st half last year or the 2nd half when Lutheran started stopping them? We shall see!