Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A: Adams Central vs Lutheran

17 hours ago, FinePrint said:

It's unfortunate that assumptions are made about people who reside in rural areas.  Yes, I live in a rural setting.  But I'm highly educated and know a fair bit about private education.  I will not speak poorly of private schooling, but I do enjoy seeing public schools overcome their disadvantages to beat similar-sized private schools.

No mention of your education or knowledge of football players at private schools was made.  My speculation and assumptions are just like everything else, based on years of working in public schools in rural and suburban areas and listening to the folks.    I'm not sure which private school has gotten you all riled up.  As a public school teacher and a product and supporter of both Catholic and public schools, I find that the advantages/disadvantages go both ways.  Perspective is needed.  

Edited by Robert

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

79 is a freshman that doesn't usually start on defense but does come in frequently. 

I didn't notice that he was a freshman.  Isn't he the starting center?  That's now going to be my favorite sub-plot:  his LuHi counterpart (#79 Cam McHaney) is also a freshman on the interior D-line.  A 9th grade battle in the trenches!

4 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

I didn't notice that he was a freshman.  Isn't he the starting center?  That's now going to be my favorite sub-plot:  his LuHi counterpart (#79 Cam McHaney) is also a freshman on the interior D-line.  A 9th grade battle in the trenches!

Yes I believe he's the starting center as well on offense. 

Just now, Basementbias said:

Yes I believe he's the starting center as well on offense. 

His father was a senior on the 2000 State champion team as well.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FinePrint said:

It's unfortunate that assumptions are made about people who reside in rural areas.  Yes, I live in a rural setting.  But I'm highly educated and know a fair bit about private education.  I will not speak poorly of private schooling, but I do enjoy seeing public schools overcome their disadvantages to beat similar-sized private schools.

I think rural public schools can be at an disadvantage compared to other public schools. 

Take schools like Lewis Cass, LaVille, heck even Triton.

Cass is between Logansport and Kokomo. 

LaVille probably could get some Glenn kids, SB kids and maybe some Plymouth. 

Triton I believe probably could peel off some Warsaw, Plymouth and Northwood. 

Not saying those kids do, just using them as examples. 

23 minutes ago, Major said:

Not sure that was a good spot on the punt that was downed on 1 yard line. Sitting in south end zone front row it looked as if the last Lutheran player was standing right on the end zone line. 

So it should have been closer to the endzone? As long as the ball itself didn't cross the goalline, in NFHS, that is still not a touchback.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I was walking the Adams Central sideline and everyone just kept saying "Basementbias is soft... He's real soft bro."

Lol how many know who I really am? 

9 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

DK flies drones around all of our houses just to validate accounts with IP addresses. If you don't know, now you know.

How does he get me at all of my houses in both states? That's impressive!

• 11 months later...