Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Ah, Merrillville…

3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

*there* if you expect us to understand this.

>.>

you're wrong

possessive form for the attempt to say "their football team" read similarly as "valpo's football team"

I mess this up every third post and you picked the one I'm right on :L

Edited by Rodney

3 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Sidenote - and I know this is a football forum - but I was shocked to see Andrean is now in 2A in baseball. They've won 3A the past 5 times (I believe) they've been in that class. They 10-runned the 2A state champ (Illiana Christian) last year. Talk about a bull in a china shop.  

That statement highlighted above is incorrect. I just looked it up. Andrean (2A enrollment) is staying up in 3A baseball due to success factor. But you are correct-- Andrean has won 5 straight state titles when playing in 3A.

Maybe they should amend the Success Factor for powerhouses who dominate a certain class-- Chatard 3A football, Andrean 3A baseball. Something like this -- If you have more than 6 (or 8? or 10?) state titles in a certain sport, you always play at least 1 class up.

25 minutes ago, slice60 said:

That statement highlighted above is incorrect. I just looked it up. Andrean (2A enrollment) is staying up in 3A baseball due to success factor. But you are correct-- Andrean has won 5 straight state titles when playing in 3A.

Ok. So the baseball sectional alignments  in the original link are incorrect? 

12 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Ok. So the baseball sectional alignments  in the original link are incorrect? 

IHSAA Baseball Sectional Assignments for 2022-23, 2023-24

Class 3A 17. (8): Andrean, Boone Grove, Calumet, Griffith, Hanover Central, Highland, Rensselaer Central, River Forest

https://legacy.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/quick resources/Enrollments & Classifications/2022-23 2023-24/2022-23 2023-24 Baseball Assignments.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slice60 said:

Class 3A 17. (8): Andrean, Boone Grove, Calumet, Griffith, Hanover Central, Highland, Rensselaer Central, River Forest

https://legacy.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/quick resources/Enrollments & Classifications/2022-23 2023-24/2022-23 2023-24 Baseball Assignments.pdf

The Baseball Coaches Association submitted a proposal for sectional alignment. Not only were they not invited to participate in the meeting their proposal was given ZERO consideration. It’s not hard to figure out. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 2:44 PM, BTF said:

What exactly do you know about the rest of 5A? 

I would think Valpo has to be favorite for north next year with RB Davis and QB back, unless they lost most of the big O & D line? I'm sure Snider will reload, I believe a good amount of talent comes back on D, will need a new QB though, not sure if Billingsley will step in to spot or not, think he is a bit height challenged. 9 months to wait and see!!

On 11/23/2022 at 9:48 PM, psaboy said:

I would think Valpo has to be favorite for north next year with RB Davis and QB back, unless they lost most of the big O & D line? I'm sure Snider will reload, I believe a good amount of talent comes back on D, will need a new QB though, not sure if Billingsley will step in to spot or not, think he is a bit height challenged. 9 months to wait and see!!

I think Snider and Valpo take a backseat to Merrillville with Rodney now on board. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I think Snider and Valpo take a backseat to Merrillville with Rodney now on board. 

You better believe it

if there is one thing coach Rodney won't tolerate

its cheating and still losing

Were going to recruit the most violent football team ever established

• Haha 2

On 11/23/2022 at 4:43 PM, slice60 said:

Maybe they should amend the Success Factor for powerhouses who dominate a certain class-- Chatard 3A football, Andrean 3A baseball. Something like this -- If you have more than 6 (or 8? or 10?) state titles in a certain sport, you always play at least 1 class up.

Why has Adams central not moved up due to sf? Cutoff for enrollment? They seem to be at or near semi state every year..

Edited by Justasportsfan

22 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Why has Adams central not moved up due to sf? Cutoff for enrollment? They seem to be at or near semi state every year..

Pioneer and LCC.  The years that Adams Central could have been SF'd they ran into two teams that got SF'd.  In the last six seasons, AC's season has been upended by a team that visited LOS ... and three of those times it was Pioneer/LCC and both of those teams bumped up to 2A.  Lutheran;s likely to be the third.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rodney said:

You better believe it

if there is one thing coach Rodney won't tolerate

its cheating and still losing

Were going to recruit the most violent football team ever established

You'all were cheating and still lost. Now what??

1 minute ago, Boilernation said:

Here’s new data for @Piratefan101:

Most Football State Titles In NWI:

Hobart: 4

Andrean: 3

Valpo: 2

There are multiple teams with 1. In fact, out of those teams, Merrillville is the last one in terms of being most recent. 

You just wait until next year when we set the state record for most unsportsmanlike conduct calls

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Rodney said:

You just wait until next year when we set the state record for most unsportsmanlike conduct calls

Ha! I saw @Piratefan101at the Fishers Target tonight. He was stocking up on tissue paper and bourbon and ice cream. But, he insisted he didn’t watch the Valpo game. Just nonchalantly shrugged it off and said he didn’t have time to watch 5A football. I think the irony was lost on him. Claimed to be in town scouting 7th graders since the Hammond/Gary recruiting pipeline is too hot. 

Edited by Boilernation

On 11/23/2022 at 4:25 PM, slice60 said:

BOMBERS 

going to have their hands full 

On 11/27/2022 at 12:49 AM, Boilernation said:

Ha! I saw @Piratefan101at the Fishers Target tonight. He was stocking up on tissue paper and bourbon and ice cream. But, he insisted he didn’t watch the Valpo game. Just nonchalantly shrugged it off and said he didn’t have time to watch 5A football. I think the irony was lost on him. Claimed to be in town scouting 7th graders since the Hammond/Gary recruiting pipeline is too hot. 

You are lying, Cody can’t afford Bourbon, at least make your story believable 😂