Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Watching State Finals - Everything you need to know

If you can't make the game(s), here's what you need to know to watch on TV or on line:

Bally sports is in the 10th year of their contract to carry IHSAA state finals on TV.  Here's the latest channel guide: https://www.ihsaa.org/sites/default/files/documents/2022-23 Bally Sports Channel Listings_0.pdf

You can purchase individual games for $15, the price of a ticket before Ticketmaster fees (fees, which are not a decision by the IHSAA or the Colts, but rather a contractual relationship between LOS and Ticketmaster).  Head to IHSAAtv.org and select the game you'd wish to buy.  You can do that now, in advance.

You can also purchase an all access pass and watch all 6 games for $20.  Here's a link to that opportunity:  https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/purchase/accesspass/4826

For Comcast subscribers, be aware that the 6A game, played Friday night, will not air on the Bally or Bally Xtra channel due to a contractual relationships with the Pacers.

Most fans find using an Amazon Fire Stick, Roku Device or Apple TV connected to their big TV and using a free app on those device's app stores the the best way to go.  The on-line presentation is the exact tv telecast syndicated to IHSAAtv.org.

Where does the money go?  The IHSAA thru ticket sales and on-line profits are used for operations and supports the give back to schools.  In fact, even including the Covid era, the IHSAA hands back over 2 million dollars to schools, which exceeds the amount they keep for operations...such has holding state championships.

Are there any free webcast of the State?  No. the IHSAA owns all tournament action.  No live, free webcasts either via business entities or individuals are allowed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, IHSAAtv said:

If you can't make the game(s), here's what you need to know to watch on TV or on line:

Bally sports is in the 10th year of their contract to carry IHSAA state finals on TV.  Here's the latest channel guide: https://www.ihsaa.org/sites/default/files/documents/2022-23 Bally Sports Channel Listings_0.pdf

You can purchase individual games for $15, the price of a ticket before Ticketmaster fees (fees, which are not a decision by the IHSAA or the Colts, but rather a contractual relationship between LOS and Ticketmaster).  Head to IHSAAtv.org and select the game you'd wish to buy.  You can do that now, in advance.

You can also purchase an all access pass and watch all 6 games for $20.  Here's a link to that opportunity:  https://vcloud.blueframetech.com/purchase/accesspass/4826

For Comcast subscribers, be aware that the 6A game, played Friday night, will not air on the Bally or Bally Xtra channel due to a contractual relationships with the Pacers.

Most fans find using an Amazon Fire Stick, Roku Device or Apple TV connected to their big TV and using a free app on those device's app stores the the best way to go.  The on-line presentation is the exact tv telecast syndicated to IHSAAtv.org.

Where does the money go?  The IHSAA thru ticket sales and on-line profits are used for operations and supports the give back to schools.  In fact, even including the Covid era, the IHSAA hands back over 2 million dollars to schools, which exceeds the amount they keep for operations...such has holding state championships.

Are there any free webcast of the State?  No. the IHSAA owns all tournament action.  No live, free webcasts either via business entities or individuals are allowed.

Wait, so buying the 6A game is the only option?

25 minutes ago, temptation said:

Wait, so buying the 6A game is the only option?

37 minutes ago, IHSAAtv said:

It appears to only be for Comcast subscribers. I do not live in Indiana anymore, so I'm not sure what other providers there are that have Bally Sports. But like @PDB26 said... absolutely brutal.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

"The IHSAA thru ticket sales and on-line profits are used for operations and supports the give back to schools." 

Not a horrible thing.

And so, one wonders.....how much do schools get back?  Does "operations" (an administrator) get $25.00 to figure out how to give schools 3 cents?

On 11/23/2022 at 12:38 PM, SPARKS said:

And so, one wonders.....how much do schools get back?  Does "operations" (an administrator) get $25.00 to figure out how to give schools 3 cents?

as stated, 2 million dollars which is less than the IHSAA keeps for operations.

-Different discussion for a different day, but the Pacers have way too much pull over Indy media for a mediocre franchise. 

The state football finals in November  and opening week Cardinals games in April. Two things I would much rather watch than regular season NBA games. Yet they get preempted every time. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

-Different discussion for a different day, but the Pacers have way too much pull over Indy media for a mediocre franchise. 

The state football finals in November  and opening week Cardinals games in April. Two things I would much rather watch than regular season NBA games. Yet they get preempted every time. 

Agree 100%.  I'm surprised how hard it is to find IU basketball/football on the radio.

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Will all the games be on 93.1 FM WIBC in Indianapolis? I heard there might be a conflict with the Pacers' game?

107.5 The Fan out of Indy had the 2A game on this afternoon. I think they will be carrying all 6 games. If you are out of the Indy area, this station can be found on several online radio services, such as the TuneIn and IHeart Radio's apps.

• Like 1

I guess there's a good chance I won't be able to see or hear the 6A game live.  I've been able to watch games pre-empted by the Pacers on Comcast channel 81 in the past.  It looks like there's no way that's happening this year.  Also, the Pacer game is broadcast on the same radio station as the other state finals, so no good there.  And I'm not paying for the stream either.  

3 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

I guess there's a good chance I won't be able to see or hear the 6A game live.  I've been able to watch games pre-empted by the Pacers on Comcast channel 81 in the past.  It looks like there's no way that's happening this year.  Also, the Pacer game is broadcast on the same radio station as the other state finals, so no good there.  And I'm not paying for the stream either.  

I hope you found a source and I wish I had seen your post earlier, because I know for a fact that at least one of the radio stations at the long link I posted just before your post had FREE streaming audio of the game (WGCS 91.1 FM) 

I have Spectrum TV here in Evansville.   I also have a ROKU ultra box... with the Spectrum App, Bally Sports App and IHSAATV app.

The 6A game is not broadcast LIVE on Spectrum Cable TV, so the only option was IHSAATV.... which cost money.  So I went to Bally Sports

app and searched for the LIVE game.  It said it was on BALLY+..... which means I have to have a Subscription to Bally+.

My point.... if you are going to show all the other Class Games for free on Cable TV.... make arrangements to show ALL of the Classes free on TV.

That's not fair to parents and fans.   That's unequal. 

People will say.... but it's only $15 or $20 bucks and it goes to a good cause.... Fine.... CHARGE EVERYBODY $15 or $20 to watch all the ballgames then.

• Like 2