19. Fort Wayne North
  20. Lawrence North
  21. Lafayette Jefferson
  22. Indianapolis Lutheran
  23. Evansville Mater Dei
  24. Lawrenceburg
  25. New Prairie

Nice job Temp.  

Maybe my bias showing...regardless of record, I would have Cathedral #2.  Best in-state competition CG faced all season, and loaded with talented players.

I just think they would beat anyone ranked ahead of them in your poll and was 1-1 against the state champs....and that is not meant to be disrespectful of those programs.  

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Nice job Temp.  

Maybe my bias showing...regardless of record, I would have Cathedral #2.  Best in-state competition CG faced all season, and loaded with talented players.

I just think they would beat anyone ranked ahead of them in your poll and was 1-1 against the state champs....and that is not meant to be disrespectful of those programs.  

Took the high road on that.  I respect a team that can make it to Thanksgiving weekend but I made my opinion regarding CG’s schedule publicly known in the 6A title game thread.

3 hours ago, Rodney said:

barely belong in the top 50

The Wikdkats as well as (the) Warsaw Tigers may not the "prettiest" offensive scheme....but it's DAMNED effective and led by coaches that know their personnel.

Besides the young man at KHS can look to his side and get all the information he needs!  Looking at YOU Brett!!

10 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

The Wikdkats as well as (the) Warsaw Tigers may not the "prettiest" offensive scheme....but it's DAMNED effective and led by coaches that know their personnel.

Besides the young man at KHS can look to his side and get all the information he needs!  Looking at YOU Brett!!

Kokomo - HM (#26)

Warsaw - HM (#42)

I've just realized that there is no merriville on here

While by nature I agree with this (no 5a team should be ranked)

Why valpo 10 snyder 12, all three teams seemed to end up fairly close to each other

were we goading someone here temp?

Edited by Rodney

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

I've just realized that there is no merriville on here

While by nature I agree with this (no 5a team should be ranked)

Why valpo 10 snyder 12, all three teams seemed to end up fairly close to each other

were we goading someone here temp?

Nope.  Both the 5A north semi state and 5A state title games were nail-biters.  Those games could have gone either way.

7 hours ago, Rodney said:

(as stated I believe all 5a teams are a stain on the list)

You and I seem to be of a mind on this.

I am hopeful that East Central, being the survivor of the EC, New Pal and Roncalli Texas Death Match may be able to set things to right again in 5A in 2024.

I can’t believe how much I miss those quality days of Columbus East, Cathedral and New Pal owning that class and being Top 10 Teams  overall.

Oh…and of course Merrillville with its greatest class ever….

Edited by Lysander

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

I am hopeful that East Central, being the survivor of the EC, New Pal and Roncalli Texas Death Match may be able to set things to right again in 5A in 2024.

I can’t believe how much I miss those quality days of Columbus East, Cathedral and New Pal owning that class and being Top 10 Teams  overall.

Oh…and of course Merrillville with its greatest class ever….

Are you talking about this class?

image.thumb.png.9d1bf8e385753ab4b6d064584ca7a509.png

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Lysander said:

So Chatard is deserving but no 5a teams? Certainly you can't believe that. In a Lucas Oil type setting, I'd lay money that Snider beats Chatard. Roncalli/New Pal vs Snider would go until the end..........take your pick. 

Edited by BTF
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

So Chatard is deserving but no 5a teams? Certainly you can't believe that. In a Lucas Oil type setting, I'd lay money that Snider beats Chatard. Roncalli/New Pal vs Snider would go until the end..........take your pick. 

most years 

not this one

5a football was absolutely aweful all year long

On 11/30/2022 at 2:20 PM, Rodney said:

most years 

not this one

5a football was absolutely aweful all year long

Don't let your new association with Merrillville and @Piratefan101 diminish your ability to think. Sure, 5A as a whole wasn't very appealing to the eyes; however, Valpo, Whiteland, Snider and North Side were VERY good football teams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

VERY good, easily top 40

Easily Top 40 meaning somewhere in the teens? Or were you thinking #40 North Side, #39 Snider, #38 Whiteland, and #37 Valpo? Merrillville at #41 or were you thinking between 50-60?

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

Easily Top 40 meaning somewhere in the teens? Or were you thinking #40 North Side, #39 Snider, #38 Whiteland, and #37 Valpo? Merrillville at #41 or were you thinking between 50-60?

I think North side and Snider are better than Whiteland

they all probably sit in the high 20s to low 30s 

and im still waiting for my booze for the 4a results

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

I think North side and Snider are better than Whiteland

they all probably sit in the high 20s to low 30s 

and im still waiting for my booze for the 4a results

Put together your Top 35 and share it with us. And when is the next hot take coming our way?