Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Congrats!! And breaking news!!

36 minutes ago, Andrean4life said:

Congrats to all state champs! My team fell short! Hell of a career for drayk bowen!! But breaking news!! 3 players have unenrolled from Andrean today and have enrolled at neighboring schools. 
hobart got a OL

merrillville got a WR (rumor has it as Patrick clacks) 

lake central gets a safety 

Yes...the alter ego has returned! Be honest, you just wanted to tell us Clacks (with multiple P5 Offers) is transferring to Merrillville. It's going to be great watching Marshall own that program.

38 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Yes...the alter ego has returned! Be honest, you just wanted to tell us Clacks (with multiple P5 Offers) is transferring to Merrillville. It's going to be great watching Marshall own that program.

Clacks can go get smacked around by Valpo next year.. congrats 😂

55 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Haha ironic that PirateFan and this name were both online 1 hour ago. I’ve never seen a guy be so invested into a program that he has no say in 😂

10 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Haha ironic that PirateFan and this name were both online 1 hour ago. I’ve never seen a guy be so invested into a program that he has no say in 😂

That’s definitely not me. And I can’t confirm or deny clacks I had heard all year that when the season was over he was going to Hobart or merrillville. Because he wasn’t a fan of the Andrean school system and he didn’t wanna start over as a senior with low expectations. At least that comes from the parents that know his family that are at merrillville. If he comes great. If he goes to Hobart great. The kid is a phenomenal athlete with great hands 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Andrean4life said:

Congrats to all state champs! My team fell short! Hell of a career for drayk bowen!! But breaking news!! 3 players have unenrolled from Andrean today and have enrolled at neighboring schools. 
hobart got a OL

merrillville got a WR (rumor has it as Patrick clacks) 

lake central gets a safety 

Curious what was the impetus for this mass migration away from the program?  Do these kids feel they have a better chance to play more often at these other schools or just a better chance for team success after Bowen departure? Seems oddly ironic timing to an outsider.

2 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Curious what was the impetus for this mass migration away from the program?  Do these kids feel they have a better chance to play more often at these other schools or just a better chance for team success after Bowen departure? Seems oddly ironic timing to an outsider.

Comeing from a merrillville stand point being that we age parents that coached the kid in pop Warner and some of them are best friends with his family.. it was said before the year started that it was bowen a departure and there are 5-7 more leaving to go back different DAC schools. Most of them I believe lake central 

Just now, Piratefan101 said:

Comeing from a merrillville stand point being that we age parents that coached the kid in pop Warner and some of them are best friends with his family.. it was said before the year started that it was bowen a departure and there are 5-7 more leaving to go back different DAC schools. Most of them I believe lake central 

So this begs the question as to why these kids went to Andrean in the first place? 

2 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

So this begs the question as to why these kids went to Andrean in the first place? 

I had the same thought.  Not a shot at Andrean but it's a fair question given that they are leaving now.  There are parents & coaches who steer kids to programs with big time uncommitted recruits because that's where the scouts will be.  Did they go to Andrean because of Bowen and are transferring now for something similar?  

1 hour ago, Grover said:

I had the same thought.  Not a shot at Andrean but it's a fair question given that they are leaving now.  There are parents & coaches who steer kids to programs with big time uncommitted recruits because that's where the scouts will be.  Did they go to Andrean because of Bowen and are transferring now for something similar?  

sounds like athletic transfer reasons to me which would be a no no by the IHSAA.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

People leave p/p education much more often for public pastures than I think folks realize.  I've posted a few times on the p/p "break" points in education.  A break during high school is less likely than the other break points ... after K/1st, after 2nd/3rd grade, after 6th/7th grade, and after 8th grade ... but it does happen and is more common than folks might think.  In my experience, the flow OUT of p/p to public often nets out in favor of the public schools in terms of bodies.  The main reason that you don't hear about it as often is that, in the scheme of things you typically only hear about it with sports, but I can almost say that for every one student-athlete that you hear that leaves a p/p in high school, I bet there are at least another 3-4 non-athletes that you don't hear about.

19 minutes ago, foxbat said:

People leave p/p education much more often for public pastures than I think folks realize.  I've posted a few times on the p/p "break" points in education.  A break during high school is less likely than the other break points ... after K/1st, after 2nd/3rd grade, after 6th/7th grade, and after 8th grade ... but it does happen and is more common than folks might think.  In my experience, the flow OUT of p/p to public often nets out in favor of the public schools in terms of bodies.  The main reason that you don't hear about it as often is that, in the scheme of things you typically only hear about it with sports, but I can almost say that for every one student-athlete that you hear that leaves a p/p in high school, I bet there are at least another 3-4 non-athletes that you don't hear about.

I know Lafayette Jeff can thank the Catholics for a lot of their success in sports over the years.  When Jeff went 10-0 in 1981 and 1982, the  best player on those teams was Catholic.  There is a list a mile long of Catholics playing sports at Jeff.

32 minutes ago, Tippy said:

I know Lafayette Jeff can thank the Catholics for a lot of their success in sports over the years.  When Jeff went 10-0 in 1981 and 1982, the  best player on those teams was Catholic.  There is a list a mile long of Catholics playing sports at Jeff.

I believe that the rumor I'd heard is that Vlahogeorge and Keller attended Catholic elementary schools before settling at Jeff.  Don't know if anyone can confirm or not.

28 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I believe that the rumor I'd heard is that Vlahogeorge and Keller attended Catholic elementary schools before settling at Jeff.  Don't know if anyone can confirm or not.

I'm not sure about them.  Bob Downing was Catholic and was assistant football coach and head coach from 1985-1994 at Jeff.  His sons Joe and Doug Downing played at Jeff from 1979-1982.  Paul "Spider"Fields was the baseball coach at Jeff for many years and his teams won state in 1969 and 1973.  Paul was Catholic.  The 1992 Jeff basketball team went to state and lost in OT.  Courtney Harris and Brad Knoy were Catholic and were both stars on that team.  Carson Harris went to St. Lawrence grade school and was the best player on the 1996 Jeff basketball team that went to the final four.  Chris Deno was Catholic and played football for Harrison on the 1989 and 1990 teams.  Jason Sowders went to St. Lawrence and played football for Jeff in 1991 and 1992.  He was their best D player.  These are just some of the names off the top of my head.  

9 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

That’s definitely not me. And I can’t confirm or deny clacks I had heard all year that when the season was over he was going to Hobart or merrillville. Because he wasn’t a fan of the Andrean school system and he didn’t wanna start over as a senior with low expectations. At least that comes from the parents that know his family that are at merrillville. If he comes great. If he goes to Hobart great. The kid is a phenomenal athlete with great hands 

Sounds like a D1 prospect for sure !!