Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IFCA Top 50, Senior, Junior All State

1 minute ago, 1st_and_10 said:

When does the I can’t believe _______ (who is on Top 50) didnt make __A All-State start happening?  

**Edit— @Coach Nowlin already put the disclaimer out there. 😂

I think he does that every season and someone still does it.  I suspect though, being a teacher, he's used to that.

How are division 1 players left off the top 50 list? I understand these meetings have 10 coaches in them and they promote their guys, but does the meeting not start by automatically saying these kids have d1 offers, they are top 50? Coaches that are paid for a living to coach football think a kid is good enough, so how come high school coaches don't agree? 

De'Eric Mister from Gary West Side is 6'8 and committed to Minnesota and not top 50. 

Any other players d1 and not top 50?

47 minutes ago, Locky said:

How are division 1 players left off the top 50 list? I understand these meetings have 10 coaches in them and they promote their guys, but does the meeting not start by automatically saying these kids have d1 offers, they are top 50? Coaches that are paid for a living to coach football think a kid is good enough, so how come high school coaches don't agree? 

De'Eric Mister from Gary West Side is 6'8 and committed to Minnesota and not top 50. 

If his coach did not nominate him for top 50, he is not considered for the award.  Was he nominated? Did he make the Senior Class All-State?

5 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

If his coach did not nominate him for top 50, he is not considered for the award.  Was he nominated? Did he make the Senior Class All-State?

56 minutes ago, Locky said:

It looks like he made the 4A Senior All-State team.  As I state before, he may not have been nominated by his own coach for top 50.  If he was, it is a mystery.  

5 hours ago, Locky said:

4 hours ago, Locky said:

wow just saw this article. Another kid with a d1 offer and not top 50 all state. Quick twitter search and he had a Colorado state offer as well.

https://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-school/boys-basketball/eastern-illinois-football-waits-for-jordan-woods-who-has-work-left-to-do-on-the/article_63e578c9-0e1e-57be-ba64-6f0f6a9b99e7.html

The more logical and biggest question. Who would you like to see removed to add the 2 players you mention? It is easy to say this player has D-1 this (insert whatever), but what Top 50 player do you feel should be removed to make room for them and why. Just because they are a D-1 recruit? LOok at it from that aspect. I will tell you there are kids that get D-1 offers off of their size and potential that haven't produced like others that don't have D-1 offers.

13 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

The more logical and biggest question. Who would you like to see removed to add the 2 players you mention? It is easy to say this player has D-1 this (insert whatever), but what Top 50 player do you feel should be removed to make room for them and why. Just because they are a D-1 recruit? LOok at it from that aspect. I will tell you there are kids that get D-1 offers off of their size and potential that haven't produced like others that don't have D-1 offers.

That's the not issue. You don't takes off to add these kids on. You start with these kids on. Meeting starts, Hey this kid is playing in the Big 10. Hes on the team, 49 to go.  Would we even be having this conversation if they didn't play in Hammond and Gary. If they were at Andrean or Merrillville I'm betting they were Top 50 kids. 

12 minutes ago, Locky said:

That's the not issue. You don't takes off to add these kids on. You start with these kids on. Meeting starts, Hey this kid is playing in the Big 10. Hes on the team, 49 to go.  Would we even be having this conversation if they didn't play in Hammond and Gary. If they were at Andrean or Merrillville I'm betting they were Top 50 kids. 

It didn't take long for the conversation to go there.  Do you even know if the Coach nominated him for the Top 5 Team?

8 minutes ago, Locky said:

Like I said just because they are recruited by Big Ten or any D-1 school due to (Size or Potential meaning they haven't proven anything) doesn't make you toss them on the Top 50

For De'Eric Mister I would not replace one of these players. Yes they aren't 6'8" but they have proven on the field with terrific competition what they can do. Even if a D-1 Big Ten school hasn't offered them jut because they are 6' 8" and have so called potential (which doesn't always work out)

image.png.f5374ca82cc970f4670c5f09f94f4bfc.png

I also would replace 

image.png.e49bf449b104e8486d9c9ad8b7051c5d.png

image.png.463d0019dd0467a5fe95d0fb7acd7bb6.png

image.png.ba817f9c0ddd696be2e48a74eb160c0e.png

for Jordan Woods because he is going to Eastern Illinois as WR. Some of the WR on the list are going to bigger schools than Eastern Illinois anyway.

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Warren Central DB Jo’ziah “Jo Jo” Edmond (IFCA 6A junior all state selection) has transferred to NorthWood High School in Nappanee for his senior year.

The Panthers and the Northern Lakes Conference are getting a good one.

I know Indiana has open enrollment and I doubt a kid would drive from Indianapolis to Nappanee every day just for football purposes (which doesn't make sense anyways for someone with an SEC offer already). But isn't it a little odd for a high school student to announce they are "transferring". I just find that verbiage a little off putting at the high school level. 

On 12/9/2022 at 5:54 PM, npcougar15 said:

I know Indiana has open enrollment and I doubt a kid would drive from Indianapolis to Nappanee every day just for football purposes (which doesn't make sense anyways for someone with an SEC offer already). But isn't it a little odd for a high school student to announce they are "transferring". I just find that verbiage a little off putting at the high school level. 

Family is moving.