Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Prayers for an old coach

Please keep retired coach Dale Hummer in your thoughts and prayers. He’s battling the big C and the outlook isn’t looking good.

His head coaching career started at Fountain Central in 1973. He led the Mustangs to back to back undefeated seasons in 75 and 76 and playoff spots. In 1978 FC was 1A runner up to Lawrenceburg. He left Fountain Central after the 1980-81 school year and went to Bloomington South. He didn’t have the success there that was expected and from what I remember didn’t have much support for the administration. He ended up at Dekalb and led them to a state title. 
Coach Hummer was responsible for launching the coaching careers for several successful coaches including, Gene Jellybean Rowe, Rick Malone, Brian Moore and one of the best in Myron Mo Moiarity. I’m sure there’s many more. 
Thanks everyone ✌️💙

• Like 7

Coach Hummer was my freshman coach in 1969 at Rensselaer Central.  Coach Siderwitz, Coach Geisman and Coach Hummer all influenced the direction I chose.  Coach Hummer was an outstanding classroom teacher and an inspirational coach on the gridiron. I remember his wit and smile as if it were yesterday.  My prayers go out for him and to his family! What a great man…

George Gilbert, retired coach

• Like 10

Coach Hummer was my 8th Social Studies teacher and what a GREAT one he was as he was also my Freshman Football Coach at Rensselaer in 1967.

What a great Teacher and Coach with a wonderful sense of humor.  As I moved on to varsity football under Coach Siderwicz Coach Hummer was always there supporting us and pushing on.  As Coach Gilbert stated Coach Hummer, Siderwicz, Geesman, Burvan, and Brandenburg had a big impact on the community of Rensselaer and my future in coaching.  As I entered coaching Coach Hummer was also a person I could talk with for guidance.  My Prayers also go out to him and his family!  God Bless.

• Like 6